PDA

View Full Version : Explosions at Boston Marathon Finish Line

Pages : [1] 2

PaceAdvantage
04-15-2013, 03:10 PM
Twitter pics don't look good...looks like people were seriously injured...live video feed:

http://boston.cbslocal.com/2013-boston-marathon-finish-line/

(warning...following pic shows injured on sidewalk...graphic)
https://twitter.com/theoriginalwak/status/323871871730864128/photo/1

horses4courses
04-15-2013, 03:11 PM
Two explosions near finish line.
Marathon stopped.
Awaiting details.

PaceAdvantage
04-15-2013, 03:11 PM
Let's keep everything to one thread...

horses4courses
04-15-2013, 03:12 PM
Let's keep everything to one thread...

Absolutely

lamboguy
04-15-2013, 03:16 PM
i was just there, about a block away picking up a friend that ran in this thing. this was such a nice happy day here and at the end the dirty reality of this cruel world came into play. these were bad explosions. i thought i was in Viet Nam.

PaceAdvantage
04-15-2013, 03:27 PM
News crossing about "possible device" located at Mandarin Hotel which is located near where explosions happened at Copley Square

PaceAdvantage
04-15-2013, 03:33 PM
Police reporting many causalities...3 fatalities is the first report I am seeing...

redshift1
04-15-2013, 03:37 PM
letsrun.com should have several accounts from people in attendance, it's down from heavy traffic right now.

lamboguy
04-15-2013, 03:38 PM
my cell phone service just got shut off

Saratoga_Mike
04-15-2013, 03:40 PM
News crossing about "possible device" located at Mandarin Hotel which is located near where explosions happened at Copley Square

Boston Globe suggesting the devices were in trash bins.

redshift1
04-15-2013, 03:41 PM
http://www.tracktalk.net/boston-2013-t13094p2.html

Photos at end of thread.

tbwinner
04-15-2013, 03:43 PM
Shep Smith on Fox just said it best..."Explosions like this don't happen at two places at the same time"....could be a bad attack. Prayers to the victims. Does not look good.

Saratoga_Mike
04-15-2013, 03:56 PM
Boston airspace "closed and cleared," according to news reports.

FantasticDan
04-15-2013, 04:05 PM
Police reporting many causalities...3 fatalities is the first report I am seeing...Boston police reporting 2 dead, 22 injured.

PaceAdvantage
04-15-2013, 04:06 PM
NYPD rolling out counter-terrorism measures...

TJDave
04-15-2013, 04:11 PM
NYPD rolling out counter-terrorism measures...

Boston airspace "closed and cleared,"

You gota be frickin kidding :rolleyes:

horses4courses
04-15-2013, 04:15 PM
You gota be frickin kidding :rolleyes:

These steps have to be taken.
Who knows what they are dealing with?

mostpost
04-15-2013, 04:17 PM
My cousin's son and his girlfriend were running in the Boston Marathon. We just received word that both are OK.

PaceAdvantage
04-15-2013, 04:18 PM
Happy to hear that mostpost! I know we have a lot of board members here from the New England area...as well as those, like you, with relatives...

Zydeco
04-15-2013, 04:22 PM
My cousin's son and his girlfriend were running in the Boston Marathon. We just received word that both are OK.
Good to hear.

horses4courses
04-15-2013, 04:25 PM
Breaking News ‏@BreakingNews 51s
Report: Intelligence official says 2 more explosive devices found at Boston Marathon; being dismantled - @AP
Expand Reply Retweet Favorite More

tbwinner
04-15-2013, 04:28 PM
NY Post now says 12 dead.

Golf and Horses
04-15-2013, 04:30 PM
my cell phone service just got shut off
Makes sense...cell phones could be used to detonate additional devices...if its terrorism

horses4courses
04-15-2013, 04:38 PM
As this tragedy unfolds, Fox News interviews Sheriff Joe Arpaio

Ocala Mike
04-15-2013, 04:46 PM

:ThmbUp: :ThmbUp: :ThmbUp: :ThmbUp:

Ocala Mike
04-15-2013, 04:48 PM

Have they blamed Barry or Big Sis for it yet?

horses4courses
04-15-2013, 04:51 PM

There is so much news filtering out from the scene, it's hard to know what is what.

Key developments are a possible third explosion at the JFK library.
There are, also, reports of leads on a possible suspect.

ArlJim78
04-15-2013, 04:52 PM
Thanks for the Fox update, I'd figured you'd be following CNN because they've already pretty much concluded it was right-wing extremists.

RXB
04-15-2013, 04:53 PM
A woman from my running club plus two of my other running friends were in Boston to run the marathon; happily they are alright. But just awful for the people killed/injured, their families and any poor soul who saw things that no one should ever have the misfortune to see. I can only hope that the wounded recover and that the perpetrators are brought to full justice.

johnhannibalsmith
04-15-2013, 04:55 PM

Yeah, Big Joe in typical form, making it clear that he too has been targeted and that he won't be intimidated. At least he did mention that he wishes Bostonians well. I still can't figure out why they thought he needed to get his beloved face time in this context, but at least they shut him down quickly.

horses4courses
04-15-2013, 04:56 PM
Thanks for the Fox update, I'd figured you'd be following CNN because they've already pretty much concluded it was right-wing extremists.

Thanks so much, but I got that from another source on twitter.
I wouldn't watch Fox News for any amount of money..
CNN has not blamed anyone, at least not that I've heard.

ArlJim78
04-15-2013, 04:56 PM
Initial info is always suspect, but this is being reported by the NY Post

Authorities have confirmed to The Post that they have identified a suspect in
the Boston Marathon bombing.

The suspect — a Saudi national who suffered shrapnel wounds in today's blast
— is currently being guarded in a Boston hospital.

http://www.nypost.com/p/news/national/authorities_under_suspect_guard_y2m8cJO29uC2PDGIjY BalO

boxcar
04-15-2013, 05:05 PM
Initial info is always suspect, but this is being reported by the NY Post

http://www.nypost.com/p/news/national/authorities_under_suspect_guard_y2m8cJO29uC2PDGIjY BalO

If that's true, the MM will DOWNPLAY that as much as possible, coming right out the chute.

Boxcar

DJofSD
04-15-2013, 05:08 PM

ArlJim78
04-15-2013, 05:16 PM
http://hotair.com/archives/2013/04/15/video-cnns-blitzer-indulges-in-the-irresistible-urge-to-speculate/#ooid=g4bzcwYjqHKl8CVQ6C1vAZz8HgCQWp5O

they were still picking up bodies from the ground and Wolf Blitzer went on a long hypothetical about this being Patriots day in Boston and wondering if there was a connection and while saying "we don't know anything" that did not stop him from engaging in the speculation process.

by the way, what is not credible about Fox News interviewing Joe Arpaio? I don't get what your point was there.

horses4courses
04-15-2013, 05:21 PM
http://hotair.com/archives/2013/04/15/video-cnns-blitzer-indulges-in-the-irresistible-urge-to-speculate/#ooid=g4bzcwYjqHKl8CVQ6C1vAZz8HgCQWp5O

they were still picking up bodies from the ground and Wolf Blitzer went on a long hypothetical about this being Patriots day in Boston and wondering if there was a connection and while saying "we don't know anything" that did not stop him from engaging in the speculation process.

by the way, what is not credible about Fox News interviewing Joe Arpaio? I don't get what your point was there..

Sure. Let's hear what Sheriff Joe thinks from 4000 miles away.
All comes down to who you want to listen to, I guess.

Zydeco
04-15-2013, 05:24 PM

by the way, what is not credible about Fox News interviewing Joe Arpaio? I don't get what your point was there.
Does Wolf think the Brits are still mad at us about the revolutionary war? I don't get it.

TJDave
04-15-2013, 05:28 PM

Me neither. ;)

dav4463
04-15-2013, 06:13 PM
Trust in obama. He just said he will get to the bottom of this and take care of us. :sleeping:

Steve 'StatMan'
04-15-2013, 06:17 PM
I don't think the sheriff in AZ was interviewed because of this. I heard a quick blurb on radio news last night, something about him, either some attack or attempt at intimidating him or something, but I really wasn't interested in following up. I'm sure Fox had regularly scheduled an interview with him today before this awful attack occured, probably somewhat near the same time.

horses4courses
04-15-2013, 06:21 PM
I don't think the sheriff in AZ was interviewed because of this. I heard a quick blurb on radio news last night, something about him, either some attack or attempt at intimidating him or something, but I really wasn't interested in following up. I'm sure Fox had regularly scheduled an interview with him today before this awful attack occured, probably somewhat near the same time.

You're probably right.
It makes no sense that they would call him up for comment on this.
Does it?

duncan04
04-15-2013, 06:22 PM
The reports of a suspect turned out to be false. Also a question came up about the cell phones being shut off. Sprint and Verizon both said they didn't shut down service in Boston. Can the local authorities shut off service?

PaceAdvantage
04-15-2013, 06:34 PM
The reports of a suspect turned out to be false. Also a question came up about the cell phones being shut off. Sprint and Verizon both said they didn't shut down service in Boston. Can the local authorities shut off service?The feds sure can I'm sure...and if there was a belief that cell phones were the detonation device, it only makes sense that service was shut down.

Don't think of a second that the Feds can't shut down anything they deem necessary...cell phones...the Internet...

PaceAdvantage
04-15-2013, 06:36 PM
BTW, some of you guys who couldn't help but turn this tragedy political with your Fox news comments and whatnot should be ashamed of yourselves.

And we will note for the record that it was LEFT-LEANERs who went there first.

And since that bridge has been crossed, let me state for the record that it is my theory that this will be blamed on some far right-wing group or lone nut who wanted to make some sort of "Tea-Party anti-tax" statement on Patriot's Day, in the land of the original Tea Party, on Tax Day.

Whether or not it's the actual truth...

LottaKash
04-15-2013, 06:38 PM
Trust in obama. He just said he will get to the bottom of this and take care of us. :sleeping:

Will that be, before or after the next "vacation"...?

JustRalph
04-15-2013, 06:39 PM
A bomb was intercepted a few days ago, addressed to Sheriff Joe. It fits, especially early on, when they don't have anything to report. It's tap dancing until they get more info

The large police departments now have cars that have cell phone jamming equipment in them. They park them in the area they want to shut down, flip a switch, presto, no more cell service for miles.

Steve 'StatMan'
04-15-2013, 06:43 PM

You're probably right.
It makes no sense that they would call him up for comment on this.
Does it?

Most likely, found news story, AZ sheriff avoided a package bomb attack within the last 1-2 days, before it exploded. So likely a current event interview planned in advance.

Steve 'StatMan'
04-15-2013, 06:49 PM
Okay. Note these bastard(s) didn't use assult rifles. They wanted to plant their evil in advance and likely be plenty far away when their evil deeds were unleashed.

FantasticDan
04-15-2013, 06:49 PM
BTW, some of you guys who couldn't help but turn this tragedy political with your Fox news comments and whatnot should be ashamed of yourselves. And we will note for the record that it was LEFT-LEANERs who went there first.One person wonders why Fox News is interviewing Sheriff Joe, and this is your response? :confused: :ThmbDown:

PaceAdvantage
04-15-2013, 06:54 PM
One person wonders why Fox News is interviewing Sheriff Joe, and this is your response? :confused: :ThmbDown:You are very selective in the information you take in...

That person headed their post with the following:

Fox News credibility

Which was followed immediately with:

Have a nice day.

Steve 'StatMan'
04-15-2013, 06:57 PM
Not like any leftie vs rightie posts have occured on this forum lately. I mean, it isn't like someone shot and killed themselves as a NASACAR event sponsored by the NRA or something. Oh wait. Oh well. Anyway, I prefer neutral, diffusing posts when I can come up with a good and logical one.

http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/showthread.php?t=102559

PaceAdvantage
04-15-2013, 07:03 PM
Just saw a report where one of the dead was an 8-year-old child...**** me...

Can't wait for SteveR to come on here and tell us all how we deserve every fatality from here to kingdom come for our imperialistic ways... :rolleyes:

horses4courses
04-15-2013, 07:03 PM
I stand corrected on the Sheriff Joe thing.

I'm watching dozens of tweets per minute coming in about Boston,
and a guy reacted to Fox News talking to Sheriff Joe as events were unfolding.
All the news networks were scrambling at that point.
I can't blame Fox News for that.

Rookies
04-15-2013, 07:14 PM
Not like any leftie vs rightie posts have occured on this forum lately. I mean, it isn't like someone shot and killed themselves as a NASACAR event sponsored by the NRA or something. Oh wait. Oh well. Anyway, I prefer neutral, diffusing posts when I can come up with a good and logical one.

http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/showthread.php?t=102559

I am beginning to wonder whether America is seriously melting down with violence. There are these odd terrorist attacks that the disenfranchised/unstable/political are now using as their irrational response to any grievance. You combine these things with the thousands being injured/maimed or slaughtered with guns over God knows what and I truly believe that the U.S. has turned back in time to its most violent periods- Civil War or the settling of the Wild West.

There doesn't appear to be any event or place that one could consider "safe". Not a Marathon, not a movie theatre, not a child's classroom, not a sporting event, not a Church picnic, not the Super Bowl, not the Spa!

It is the worst of times.

Saratoga_Mike
04-15-2013, 07:18 PM
I am beginning to wonder whether America is seriously melting down with violence. There are these odd terrorist attacks that the disenfranchised/unstable/political are now using as their irrational response to any grievance. You combine these things with the thousands being injured/maimed or slaughtered with guns over God knows what and I truly believe that the U.S. has turned back in time to its most violent periods- Civil War or the settling of the Wild West.

There doesn't appear to be any event or place that one could consider "safe". Not a Marathon, not a movie theatre, not a child's classroom, not a sporting event, not a Church picnic, not the Super Bowl, not the Spa!

It is the worst of times.

Violent crime in the US peaked in 1991 with 758 violent crimes per 100k people - that stat now (2011--latest numbers) stands at 386 violent crimes per 100k people.

PaceAdvantage
04-15-2013, 07:20 PM
Violent crime in the US peaked in 1991 with 758 violent crimes per 100k people - that stat now (2011--latest numbers) stands at 386 violent crimes per 100k people.Yes...makes sense since they started spiking the drinking water with brain-altering chemicals...but I kid...

Rookies might be the victim of the age of instant information...where every shooting (and in particular shootings...wonder why that would be...agenda anyone?) is reported nationwide...

johnhannibalsmith
04-15-2013, 07:23 PM
That person headed their post with the following:

Fox News credibility

Credibility may have been a poor way to phrase it just to get after FOX, especially since he wasn't even watching it at the time. But, I did have the news on FOX and it was a silly choice to let him chime in there at the time that they did. Most people either love or hate the guy and it didn't make much sense. I'm probably one of the few that has some respect for Joe while also being a critic, but both the network and the Sheriff probably should have just canned the idea for at least a little while instead of trying to fit him in while covering the breaking story. It just came off poorly in my opinion.

PaceAdvantage
04-15-2013, 07:36 PM
There is a picture floating around the internet of a man with his legs blown off, in a wheelchair, being wheeled by first responders (presumably to an ambulance)...it's graphic as hell...the guy looks fully conscious and is holding onto what remains of his left leg...how this guy is still alive is beyond me...

If you have the stomach for such things, the link follows...don't worry...you actually have to click on a disclaimer button before you can see the image...there are some other less graphic but still very disturbing pictures on this page with no such disclaimer buttons, so be warned...

http://www.theatlantic.com/infocus/2013/04/photos-of-the-boston-marathon-bombing/100495/

The fact that this guy is still alive in this picture is a testament to the dedication of police and fire officials who got there quickly enough to apply a tourniquet...these guys, immediately after the explosion, rushed in to help those in need with no regard to their own safety, not thinking twice that more explosions could be forthcoming...balls of steel on these men and women in uniform...

johnhannibalsmith
04-15-2013, 07:38 PM
There is a picture floating around the internet of a man with his legs blown off, in a wheelchair, being wheeled by first responders (presumably to an ambulance)...it's graphic as hell...the guy looks fully conscious and is holding onto his thigh...how this guy is still alive is beyond me...

I think that was one of the first videos that they showed when I turned the news on. I don't even think they had vetted the video because I was watching it thinking "holy shit, is that guy missing his legs?", and then the footage abruptly cut away. I figured my eyes must have been deceiving me because there couldn't be any shot the guy was actually conscious if his legs had just been exploded. Dang.

RaceBookJoe
04-15-2013, 07:44 PM
Thats one nasty picture. Prayers to those involved.

RaceBookJoe
04-15-2013, 07:46 PM
I think that was one of the first videos that they showed when I turned the news on. I don't even think they had vetted the video because I was watching it thinking "holy shit, is that guy missing his legs?", and then the footage abruptly cut away. I figured my eyes must have been deceiving me because there couldn't be any shot the guy was actually conscious if his legs had just been exploded. Dang.

Same thing happened to me, i turned to my wife and said " either that guy just had his legs blown off or he is one of the wheelchair participants "

lamboguy
04-15-2013, 07:47 PM
i have 15 runners coming to my house tonight because they have no where to stay. i hope they are not allergic to cats.

johnhannibalsmith
04-15-2013, 07:49 PM
i have 15 runners coming to my house tonight because they have no where to stay. i hope they are not allergic to cats.

:ThmbUp: :ThmbUp:

Good man.

RXB
04-15-2013, 07:53 PM

Kudos to you.

horses4courses
04-15-2013, 07:53 PM

Good for you, lambo :ThmbUp:

highnote
04-15-2013, 08:22 PM
There is an incredible photo about 1/2 way down of a man wearing pants that were shredded by the bomb, but otherwise he looks OK as he is walking to who knows where. You wonder how he could not have been hurt worse.

Photos are not too graphic (relatively speaking, of course), but still might be disturbing to some people.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2309563/Boston-Explosions-Eyewitnesses-reveal-horror-aftermath-bomb-blasts.html

classhandicapper
04-15-2013, 08:56 PM
Can't wait for SteveR to come on here and tell us all how we deserve every fatality from here to kingdom come for our imperialistic ways... :rolleyes:

The American people obviously don't deserve it, but it would be naive to think our government doesn't provoke it.

This is how I feel about it.

The US runs around the world interfering in the internal politics of other countries, financially rapes and pillages them using our institutions, wages wars of aggression to suit our interests, props up and supports some of the worst governments in the world when they aligned with us, gives military and other aid to foreign countries that don't always behave well in dealing with their own enemies etc...

So of course a boatload of people out there are going to hate us and want to do us harm.

The tactic of terrorism is simply a very bad one if you are trying to defend yourself and your interests from the US.

There is very little point in killing innocent people for the evils of their government and institutions. All that does is anger the world and turn people against you even if your cause is just.

Granted, many of our supposed enemies are not in a position to defend themselves through more acceptable channels. That's partly why they choose terrorism. But it's still a bad choice. I mean if you hate the US government and its institutions, you aren't going to win the battle for the hearts and minds of the people of the world (or in the US) by killing an innocent 8 year old. You aren't even going to get proper vengeance.

If you simple must do it by violence then take out a few neocons and the politicians that do their bidding.

Take out a few partners at a major financial institution that pillaged your country.

Take out a few IMF heads

Attack US military bases in your own country

Do anything but kill innocents.

boxcar
04-15-2013, 09:17 PM

A Good Samaritan, indeed! :ThmbUp: :ThmbUp:

Boxcar

Tom
04-15-2013, 09:55 PM

It was NBC who kept making a point of bring up white supremists attacks of the past.

Shelby
04-15-2013, 09:57 PM

Lambo, you are the best {{{hugs}}} PM me if you need some $. I'd be more than happy to send or do anything I can.

Tom
04-15-2013, 10:02 PM

God Bless you!

nijinski
04-15-2013, 11:18 PM
The American people obviously don't deserve it, but it would be naive to think our government doesn't provoke it.

This is how I feel about it.

The US runs around the world interfering in the internal politics of other countries, financially rapes and pillages them using our institutions, wages wars of aggression to suit our interests, props up and supports some of the worst governments in the world when they aligned with us, gives military and other aid to foreign countries that don't always behave well in dealing with their own enemies etc...

So of course a boatload of people out there are going to hate us and want to do us harm.

The tactic of terrorism is simply a very bad one if you are trying to defend yourself and your interests from the US.

There is very little point in killing innocent people for the evils of their government and institutions. All that does is anger the world and turn people against you even if your cause is just.

Granted, many of our supposed enemies are not in a position to defend themselves through more acceptable channels. That's partly why they choose terrorism. But it's still a bad choice. I mean if you hate the US government and its institutions, you aren't going to win the battle for the hearts and minds of the people of the world (or in the US) by killing an innocent 8 year old. You aren't even going to get proper vengeance.

If you simple must do it by violence then take out a few neocons and the politicians that do their bidding.

Take out a few partners at a major financial institution that pillaged your country.

Take out a few IMF heads

Attack US military bases in your own country

Do anything but kill innocents.

A bit much on the sympathy for terrorists . :ThmbDown:

PaceAdvantage
04-16-2013, 12:11 AM
Reports out that the bombs were filled with ball bearings...designed to kill as many as possible...an international terrorist signature, no?

Haven't heard any speculation on whether these bombs might have been dirty (radiation or bio) or whether the air is being tested...always something I fear with something like this...

If this is Al-Qaeda related, I fear this might be the start of a new widespread campaign...

horses4courses
04-16-2013, 12:19 AM
Reports out that the bombs were filled with ball bearings...designed to kill as many as possible...an international terrorist signature, no?

Haven't heard any speculation on whether these bombs might have been dirty (radiation or bio) or whether the air is being tested...always something I fear with something like this...

If this is Al-Qaeda related, I fear this might be the start of a new widespread campaign...

The only reason that I think Al Qaeda is not directly behind this is that their channels of communication to claim responsibility would have been opened by now. That's not to say that the coward(s) who did this weren't sympathizers.

TJDave
04-16-2013, 12:22 AM

FBI will know soon enough. Heard that they recovered a device that didn't explode. NOT GOOD for the bad guys. :ThmbUp:

PaceAdvantage
04-16-2013, 12:25 AM
The only reason that I think Al Qaeda is not directly behind this is that their channels of communication to claim responsibility would have been opened by now.Reports out that "multiple" Muslim-based terrorist organizations are claiming responsibility, yet have been dismissed by the administration as not being credible. Not quite sure how one goes about establishing the credibility of those claiming to be behind such a thing...

In any event, it is my belief that this administration will pin this on the most convenient target, whether fact OR fiction. And I'm not saying this because Obama is president and he's a Democrat. I believe ALL administrations would play it this way...after all, who was it who said "you never want a serious crisis to go to waste"? Oh, that's right, it was a Dem...but I digress...

I don't think it's to Obama's advantage to pin this on a Muslim terrorist, so I expect it not to be...unless there is some sort of undeniable smoking gun out there, which there most likely won't be...

PhantomOnTour
04-16-2013, 12:34 AM
Kinda odd that HRTV is showing the 2001 BrCup from Bel...just months after 9/11.

An NYPD officer is singing "God Bless America"...indeed

nearco
04-16-2013, 01:45 AM
the unexploded bombs they found will be huge help. I bet they will zero in pretty quick on who did this. Bomb making, or bomb makers tend to have definite signatures.

Robert Goren
04-16-2013, 05:17 AM
Reports out that "multiple" Muslim-based terrorist organizations are claiming responsibility, yet have been dismissed by the administration as not being credible. Not quite sure how one goes about establishing the credibility of those claiming to be behind such a thing...

In any event, it is my belief that this administration will pin this on the most convenient target, whether fact OR fiction. And I'm not saying this because Obama is president and he's a Democrat. I believe ALL administrations would play it this way...after all, who was it who said "you never want a serious crisis to go to waste"? Oh, that's right, it was a Dem...but I digress...

I don't think it's to Obama's advantage to pin this on a Muslim terrorist, so I expect it not to be...unless there is some sort of undeniable smoking gun out there, which there most likely won't be... Reports from where? I have not heard of singe group taking credit for it.

judd
04-16-2013, 06:03 AM
and they allow knives on planes--they better never let up on security

fast4522
04-16-2013, 07:30 AM
Much like everyone here knowing little other than another horrific event has occurred that has resulted in a loss of life and people maimed. Looking into the event itself are many fine Americans who will do their job with authentic American precision, just as they do everyday. The pinning on, or spinning would have to be much greater than authentic American precision that takes place in order to fool anyone because we are not living in 1960. The questions we have immediately are if this is a single event or a chain of events still unfolding.

classhandicapper
04-16-2013, 09:05 AM
A bit much on the sympathy for terrorists . :ThmbDown:

That's because I'm not brainwashed by the American press and government like most people in the US. ;)

I think you have to look at these matters with a detached unemotional detailed analysis (the way you would handicap a race) to see what is driving the actions of various players.

When you do that, you often find that the guys that we classify as terrorists are typically defending themselves, their land, their values, their families, their lifestyles, their homes etc... from aggressors and have little means of addressing their beefs in a conventional way. It's kind of like one man's terrorist is another man's freedom fighter.

What I object to is defending oneself or bringing light to one's legitimate cause by killing innocents. IMO, that tactic is both intrinsically immoral and doesn't work.

If you are defending yourself or have a legitimate beef, at least kill the bad guys! Don't blow up a bus load of innocents.

Take out members of the oppressive government.

I mean, if some Iraqi took out Richard Perle I wouldn't lose any sleep.

rastajenk
04-16-2013, 09:29 AM
You're pretty disgusting here. You want to portray yourself as more enlightened than the commoners, yet your sense of morality only serves to continue the cycle of violence.

DJofSD
04-16-2013, 09:49 AM
http://cleveland.cbslocal.com/2013/04/16/kentucky-derby-indy-500-expected-to-have-toughened-security-measures/

London Marathon, Kentucky Derby, Indy 500.

Saratoga_Mike
04-16-2013, 10:43 AM
Axelrod: Obama Thinks Boston Bombings Could Be Related to 'Tax Day'
10:01 AM, Apr 16, 2013 • By DANIEL HALPER

"In explaining why President Obama didn't call the Boston bombings a "terrorist attack," former adviser David Axelrod said, "I'm sure what was going through the president's mind is -- we really don't know who did this -- it was tax day" Source: weeklystandard.com

Anything is possible, but isn't it fascinating where Obama's mind goes? Heck why doesn't his mind race to his old pal Bill Ayers? I thought we weren't suppose to rush to judgment?

DJofSD
04-16-2013, 10:45 AM
It was the day after the Masters. Maybe it was a disgruntled Tiger Woods fan.

PaceAdvantage
04-16-2013, 11:08 AM
Reports from where? I have not heard of singe group taking credit for it.You caught me...I'm just making shit up as I go along.... :rolleyes:

I believe it was a story I was reading on MSN.com...

PaceAdvantage
04-16-2013, 11:11 AM
Axelrod: Obama Thinks Boston Bombings Could Be Related to 'Tax Day'
10:01 AM, Apr 16, 2013 • By DANIEL HALPER

"In explaining why President Obama didn't call the Boston bombings a "terrorist attack," former adviser David Axelrod said, "I'm sure what was going through the president's mind is -- we really don't know who did this -- it was tax day" Source: weeklystandard.com

Anything is possible, but isn't it fascinating where Obama's mind goes? Heck why doesn't his mind race to his old pal Bill Ayers? I thought we weren't suppose to rush to judgment?
Obama is just following the rule book according to Rahm...I would not expect anything less from him.

If Bush were President, he would have been uttering the word "terrorists" within the first sentence of his speech...a tale of two extremes the last two admins...

ArlJim78
04-16-2013, 12:06 PM
How convenient that Obama can consult with his longtime friend and domestic bombmaker Bill Ayers for first hand advice.

elysiantraveller
04-16-2013, 12:10 PM
The whole thing is just terrible... I didn't cry during 9-11 but I did yesterday.

Americans are truly amazing people and we are all very very lucky.

rastajenk
04-16-2013, 12:23 PM
My feeling is that it's another young loner nut, maybe from the pressure-cooker of MIT or Harvard, that doesn't have much of a political agenda as much as an off-the-rails personal one. He will get caught when one of his acquaintances figures out who he is and rats him out.

DJofSD
04-16-2013, 12:24 PM
How convenient that Obama can consult with his longtime friend and domestic bombmaker Bill Ayers for first hand advice.
I guess I should have seen that one coming from a mile away!

Does that make Bill a consultant?

RaceBookJoe
04-16-2013, 12:29 PM
There are already a few conspiracy theories.

http://www.naturalnews.com/039928_Boston_marathon_bombings_official_story.htm l

Not agreeing with the above link, just something i saw.

Ocala Mike
04-16-2013, 12:30 PM
My feeling is that it's another young loner nut, maybe from the pressure-cooker of MIT or Harvard, that doesn't have much of a political agenda as much as an off-the-rails personal one. He will get caught when one of his acquaintances figures out who he is and rats him out.

I'm with rastajenk on this. The NY Post will be calling him "The Boston Mangler!"

DJofSD
04-16-2013, 12:31 PM
Cue Mick.

elysiantraveller
04-16-2013, 12:39 PM
Please STOP politicizing this... please...

Robert Goren
04-16-2013, 12:52 PM
You caught me...I'm just making shit up as I go along.... :rolleyes:

I believe it was a story I was reading on MSN.com... I search that site and could not find it. Maybe they took it down.

Robert Fischer
04-16-2013, 12:53 PM
My feeling is that it's another young loner nut
...an off-the-rails personal one.

This is the most likely scenario.

Probably the hard parts to figure out is whether he had a specific vendetta against the target or whether it was simply convenient, and whether or not he had a political delusion or was simply frustrated with life and people.

Robert Fischer
04-16-2013, 12:57 PM

THANK YOU. :ThmbUp::ThmbUp:

It's horrible enough that our media completely abuses tragic incidents such as this by way of extreme propagandizing. :bang: :mad:

We don't need to do this ourselves as citizens. This isn't a presidential debate, or an extension of some gun issue debate, or any of that shit. This is a terrible thing that happened that resulted in some injuries and deaths.

DJofSD
04-16-2013, 01:03 PM
http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories/U/US_BOSTON_MARATHON_EXPLOSIVES?SITE=AP&SECTION=HOME&TEMPLATE=DEFAULT&CTIME=2013-04-16-12-13-07

Pressure cooker.

Robert Fischer
04-16-2013, 01:11 PM
My feeling is that it's another young loner nut, maybe from the pressure-cooker of MIT or Harvard...
http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories/U/US_BOSTON_MARATHON_EXPLOSIVES?SITE=AP&SECTION=HOME&TEMPLATE=DEFAULT&CTIME=2013-04-16-12-13-07
"probe: bombs in pressure cookers"
Pressure cooker.

that was weird

Saratoga_Mike
04-16-2013, 01:14 PM

Discussing the president's mindset toward acts of terrorism is perfectly acceptable discourse, in my opinion.

Saratoga_Mike
04-16-2013, 01:17 PM
THANK YOU. :ThmbUp::ThmbUp:

It's horrible enough that our media completely abuses tragic incidents such as this by way of extreme propagandizing. :bang: :mad:

We don't need to do this ourselves as citizens. This isn't a presidential debate, or an extension of some gun issue debate, or any of that shit. This is a terrible thing that happened that resulted in some injuries and deaths.

Please give three examples of "extreme propaganda," perpetrated by the media (needs to be a legit news organization, not some crazy blog) since yesterday's tragedy.

DJofSD
04-16-2013, 01:42 PM
I believe salon.com had 10 examples of the worse things posted in response to the marathon tragedy.

P.S. Here (http://www.salon.com/2013/04/15/worst_reactions_to_the_boston_explosions/) it is.

Robert Fischer
Please give three examples of "extreme propaganda," perpetrated by the media (needs to be a legit news organization, not some crazy blog) since yesterday's tragedy.

"our media completely abuses tragic incidents such as this by way of extreme propagandizing."

I've only seen some bits of the news coverage in the background of the bar I was at last night after my father's funeral. I also skimmed a CNN story this morning. I also don't have any interest in doing an "assignment" between now and the half-hour I have to get to my next appointment.

Our media broadcast consistently uses extreme propagandizing for EVERY incident anything like this. It's the norm, not the exception. I'm talking about the major news sources like CNN or Fox. NBC,ABC,CBS ... all the major ones. (and the alternative media is often worse). If you haven't noticed that, or if you disagree with my assertion, the odds are pretty poor that I could research 3 things that would convince you otherwise.

rastajenk
that was weirdIndeed.

DJofSD
04-16-2013, 01:46 PM
Indeed.
Gee, I didn't see that until it was pointed out. Definitely.

horses4courses
04-16-2013, 02:02 PM
Discussing the president's mindset toward acts of terrorism is perfectly acceptable discourse, in my opinion.

It is seldom discourse, though.
It's biased opinion among a band of conservatives on everything the president does, and how wrongly he does it.

DJofSD
04-16-2013, 02:04 PM
Truth. Live with it.

PhantomOnTour
04-16-2013, 02:11 PM
It's biased opinion among a band of conservatives on everything the president does, and how wrongly he does it.
Truer words have never been spoken on this site
:ThmbUp:

ArlJim78
04-16-2013, 02:42 PM
should we ban high capacity 6 liter assault pressure cookers? who needs six liters for cooking anyway?

DJofSD
04-16-2013, 02:44 PM
You forgot the background check and holding period in order to purchase.

ArlJim78
04-16-2013, 02:49 PM
FoxNews is reporting the Saudi national that was being questioned has been ruled out as a bombing suspect.

PhantomOnTour
04-16-2013, 02:52 PM
should we ban high capacity 6 liter assault pressure cookers? who needs six liters for cooking anyway?
Better yet - let's ban the nauseatingly ongiong & lame "let's ban this" argument...ya see because it holds no water.

Most guns (esp assault rifles) are made for killing people while all these other things you sarcastically wanna ban were made for other purposes, and are being misused.

But, whatever floats yer boat...

Tom
04-16-2013, 02:57 PM

And what do you call the reverse - the LEFT agreeing with everything he does and how rightly he does it?

Here's the deal - the jerk works for us, at least he is supposed to. When he spends his entire presidency alienating certain groups, dividing the country, plying golf, and telling lies, you bet your arse will be all over him. He is nothing more than an employee, and many us think he should be fired for incompetency.

Respect I earned...to date, many of us feel he is owed no respect.
And he shall get none.

Tom
04-16-2013, 02:58 PM
Truer words have never been spoken on this site
:ThmbUp:

See post #115.

Tom
04-16-2013, 03:02 PM
Better yet - let's ban the nauseatingly ongiong & lame "let's ban this" argument...ya see because it holds no water.

Most guns (esp assault rifles) are made for killing people while all these other things you sarcastically wanna ban were made for other purposes, and are being misused.

Bombs are illegal, but that did not stop McVeigh, or the Atlanta bomber, or the Unabomber........just saying, let's also stop this stupid arguement that a law will stop a bad guy. It won't. Another gun in the right hands will.
But whatever floats your boat, if feeling good is a substitute to you for results.....go for it. When a nut with a gun boards your train (Long Island Railroad), what do you want, another law or another gun?

Laws are enforced with guns. Laws without guns behind them are pretty much useless.

PhantomOnTour
04-16-2013, 03:03 PM
See post #115.
The only two choices are to accept everything or reject everything Obama does?
Is that how you would treat an employee of yours? Everything is okay or everything is wrong?
You wouldn't use CONSTRUCTIVE criticism to try to improve that employee of yours?
He does something you don't agree with and he's out, just like that?

there's another option, Tom

PhantomOnTour
04-16-2013, 03:05 PM
Bombs are illegal, but that did not stop McVeigh, or the Atlanta bomber, or the Unabomber........just saying, let's also stop this stupid arguement that a law will stop a bad guy. It won't. Another gun in the right hands will.
But whatever floats your boat, if feeling good is a substitute to you for results.....go for it. When a nut with a gun boards your train (Long Island Railroad), what do you want, another law or another gun?

Laws are enforced with guns. Laws without guns behind them are pretty much useless.
what were you gonna do with your 50 million rounds a minute super assault rifle, shoot that package from the Unabomber?
:D

...or shoot Mostie's colleague and even the score:lol:

Tom
04-16-2013, 03:20 PM
The only two choices are to accept everything or reject everything Obama does?
Is that how you would treat an employee of yours? Everything is okay or everything is wrong?
You wouldn't use CONSTRUCTIVE criticism to try to improve that employee of yours?
He does something you don't agree with and he's out, just like that?

there's another option, Tom

Your reference was to a one-sided right wing reaction to Obama. You were incorrect, because many of us have complained about "our" people many times. I pointed out that the opposite happens on the left side, only it is almost, if not equal to 100%. I can't remember a single lefty on this board EVER complaining about ANYTHING on the left side.

He does something you don't agree with and he's out, just like that? No, he does EVERYTHING I don't agree with. I give a total 0 so far - he has done nothing right. He is a total failure, and that is his BEST quality.

ArlJim78
04-16-2013, 03:44 PM

look, it's really very simple. try dropping the emotion and hatred for a change and think for a second.

the whole point is that it is not about the device at all, it's about people. whether the device was originally made to kill or maim is irrelevant, the point is that a wide variety of common devices can be made to kill people regardless of whether or not it was the original intent. the whole focus on banning THINGS is in the case of guns unconstitutional, pushes us further into a police state, ignores the fact that evil doers don't give a rats ass about your ban, and in the end completely ineffective.

you can't ban bad people. you can try to identify and help them, and you can protect yourself. but this idea that we're going to be safer by banning assault rifles is lunacy. you can't ban common items that are easily obtained, unless you want to go to a full-on communist style police state. and even then it won't work.

TJDave
04-16-2013, 03:50 PM
let's also stop this stupid arguement that a law will stop a bad guy. It won't.

If that was the intent we wouldn't have need for any.

LottaKash
04-16-2013, 04:08 PM
He is nothing more than an employee, and many us think he should be fired for incompetency.

Well put Tom, and I might add "incompetency" may be a very big understatement at that....and anyone with at least a little bit of common sense and awareness to the truth of things, would be hard pressed to believe otherwise....Imo he is the most "do nothing" leader this country has ever seen....

NJ Stinks
04-16-2013, 04:35 PM
He is nothing more than an employee, and many us think he should be fired for incompetency.

There were not enough of "us" who thought he should be fired. Hence, the "employee" was re-hired for four more years.

You do remember the election, don't ya? :rolleyes:

wisconsin
04-16-2013, 05:42 PM
You do remember the election, don't ya? :rolleyes:

You mean the one that was won in the urban neighborhoods of Miami, Cleveland, LA, Philly, Chicago, and NY?

Those foolhardy and uninformed minority laden areas carried the election for him.

RaceBookJoe
04-16-2013, 05:46 PM
You mean the one that was won in the urban neighborhoods of Miami, Cleveland, LA, Philly, Chicago, and NY?

Those foolhardy and uninformed minority laden areas carried the election for him.

He needs to thank the 100% of the votes he got from the 25% unemployed group.

TJDave
04-16-2013, 06:07 PM

What "carried" the election was the republican candidate informing the "foolhardy and uninformed" just how foolhardy and uninformed they were. ;)

JustRalph
04-16-2013, 06:17 PM
Meanwhile back at the ranch...............

Rumors on twitter that the FBI has found a black backpack with a pressure cooker and nails etc in it.

If this is true.......this will be great evidence......unless it's a copy cat

Rookies
04-16-2013, 06:23 PM
look, it's really very simple. try dropping the emotion and hatred for a change and think for a second.

the whole point is that it is not about the device at all, it's about people. whether the device was originally made to kill or maim is irrelevant, the point is that a wide variety of common devices can be made to kill people regardless of whether or not it was the original intent. the whole focus on banning THINGS is in the case of guns unconstitutional, pushes us further into a police state, ignores the fact that evil doers don't give a rats ass about your ban, and in the end completely ineffective.

you can't ban bad people. you can try to identify and help them, and you can protect yourself. but this idea that we're going to be safer by banning assault rifles is lunacy. you can't ban common items that are easily obtained, unless you want to go to a full-on communist style police state. and even then it won't work.

Jim, in this terror bombing incident, there were hundreds, if not thousands of armed, uniformed Boston police. No doubt, there were many other undercover police, anti-terrorism respondents. NONE stopped this terrible incident-NONE.

I'm not blaming them. But the same point that you have made about being unable to stop evil in this or many, many recent incidents of mass shootings in America, occurred with/without the possession of firearms. The right's argument about appearing to arm the entire U.S. population simply does not work either.

It is a collective madness psychosis which is ever growing and makes solutions ever more difficult. Most civilized societies , and I live in one, do not believe that the Apocalypse is around every corner and everyone needs to arm themselves to defend against it. Of course, laws need to address the necessity for severe consequences for terrible crimes and their future prevention-like this one. I've never been opposed to that, but this NRA , ginned up , kill or be killed , Wild West 2013 is insanity.

DJofSD
04-16-2013, 06:31 PM
Jim, in this terror bombing incident, there were hundreds, if not thousands of armed, uniformed Boston police. No doubt, there were many other undercover police, anti-terrorism respondents. NONE stopped this terrible incident-NONE.

I'm not blaming them. But the same point that you have made about being unable to stop evil in this or many, many recent incidents of mass shootings in America, occurred with/without the possession of firearms. The right's argument about appearing to arm the entire U.S. population simply does not work either.

It is a collective madness psychosis which is ever growing and makes solutions ever more difficult. Most civilized societies , and I live in one, do not believe that the Apocalypse is around every corner and everyone needs to arm themselves to defend against it. Of course, laws need to address the necessity for severe consequences for terrible crimes and their future prevention-like this one. I've never been opposed to that, but this NRA , ginned up , kill or be killed , Wild West 2013 is insanity.
Where do you get the idea the entire US needs to be armed?

The only collective madness psychosis (whatever that is) comes from the idea we can be totally safe.

What the hell good are laws when they are not enforced? More laws? Sounds like good intentions and we all know where those lead.

JustRalph
04-16-2013, 06:48 PM
Get to work on google and show me where the NRA has advocated arming "everyone"

You won't find it. And there is no Wild West "kill or be killed" meme.

There are laws in place that protect gun owners. They have the same full force and effect as the laws that protect freedom of speech and a hundred others in the bill of rights.

You would never call for the removal of the first amendment because the Westboro Church says outrageous things. You would never call for the removal of the 4th amendment? Yet you would side with gun grabbers who have a stated goal of violating at least 3 sections of the bill of rights to remove guns because a small group has maimed or killed.

76% of all violent gun crimes happen in 3 % of US counties. Those 3% of counties have some of the toughest anti gun laws in the country. You cannot legislate violence out of existence. The people that live in those counties are the problem. Not the guns. Social ills and a wholesale tacit approval of violence among minorities is the real "gun" problem. Nobody has the balls to say it.

There are many many guns in some of the 97% of counties that are not afflicted with violent crimes. Yet there is very little violent crime. How do you explain that? Yet you believe that we should disarm and limit the rights of those in the 97% of counties because it will somehow change things. It won't change anything except limit the rights of law abiding citizens.

Start blaming those truly responsible for gun problems. The Sandy Hooks of the world are tragic, but the people responsible most for that event were dead on the day of the event. Mrs. Lanza and her nut ball son the coward.

I would say that there are others responsible in a lesser way, but they are being portrayed as victims and they will never be blamed. Not as long as the spotlight is directed away.

lamboguy
04-16-2013, 06:58 PM
i don't think that many of you knew that in Boston yesterday was a holliday called Patriot's Day. Patriot's Day commemorates the days of Lexington and Concord when those people fought the British before we were a country.

newtothegame
04-16-2013, 07:32 PM
I agree with you here.....I will not deface THIS thread with political whims.
I would suggest those who wish to, start another thread. This was a horrible incident and who ever is behind it, I hope they are brought to a swift justice!

nijinski
04-16-2013, 08:22 PM
That's because I'm not brainwashed by the American press and government like most people in the US. ;)

I think you have to look at these matters with a detached unemotional detailed analysis (the way you would handicap a race) to see what is driving the actions of various players.

When you do that, you often find that the guys that we classify as terrorists are typically defending themselves, their land, their values, their families, their lifestyles, their homes etc... from aggressors and have little means of addressing their beefs in a conventional way. It's kind of like one man's terrorist is another man's freedom fighter.

What I object to is defending oneself or bringing light to one's legitimate cause by killing innocents. IMO, that tactic is both intrinsically immoral and doesn't work.

If you are defending yourself or have a legitimate beef, at least kill the bad guys! Don't blow up a bus load of innocents.

Take out members of the oppressive government.

I mean, if some Iraqi took out Richard Perle I wouldn't lose any sleep.
I'll be brief as we don't want the politics to to take over here . But you did
shock when you said they should take down the American military base in their country . That prompted my :ThmbDown: . That's a whole other thread .
I

fast4522
04-16-2013, 08:34 PM
Having worked in downtown Boston during the good years 25 of them and I can say the place has changed. I literally can cay that I had seen it all, until yesterday. Maybe September 11 rocked a switch that is forever fused to negative energy. I remember working for a bean counter who stuck his index finger on my chest and "proclaimed because I can", forever that day is seared into memory as I think of much of what I dislike today about those who do things because they can. Someone mentioned MIT & Harvard in reference to where the bastard may have come from who plotted this horrendous act, to which I rather doubt. My gut feeling is when we are done reeling from this not much time will pass before horror strikes again maybe in another country or anyplace like the law of averages gone haywire.

NJ Stinks
04-16-2013, 08:48 PM
I agree with you here.....I will not deface THIS thread with political whims.
I would suggest those who wish to, start another thread. This was a horrible incident and who ever is behind it, I hope they are brought to a swift justice!

I started reading this thread on page 8. Sorry about the political sidebar.

PaceAdvantage
04-17-2013, 02:50 AM
Not much on Google on this, but I thought somebody here not too long ago posted something about that al-Qaeda "Lone Mujahid" publication that "teaches readers in color, step by step how to construct shrapnel bombs that appear quite similar to those allegedly used in yesterday's attacks."

Link: http://www.huffingtonpost.com/brian-levin-jd/lone-mujahid-bomb-signature_b_3094142.html Scroll down to "New Extremist Manual: Possible Clue or Irrelevant Coincidence?"

I think the way these bombs were constructed point a serious finger in the direction of al-Qaeda or al-Qaeda splinter groups.

It has been reported for a few years now how al-Qaeda would be focusing more on "soft targets" such as hotels and mass gatherings:

http://www.homelandsecuritynewswire.com/al-qaeda-aiming-soft-targets-us

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2009/09/08/study-terrorists-shifting-focus-soft-targets/

(are the above links the equivalent to the oft used Bush Bashing tool "bin Laden determined to strike in US" pre-9/11 memo? How are they much different?)

Tom
04-17-2013, 07:42 AM
i don't think that many of you knew that in Boston yesterday was a holliday called Patriot's Day. Patriot's Day commemorates the days of Lexington and Concord when those people fought the British before we were a country.

And where the second amendment was born.

classhandicapper
04-17-2013, 10:07 AM
I'll be brief as we don't want the politics to to take over here . But you did
shock when you said they should take down the American military base in their country . That prompted my :ThmbDown: . That's a whole other thread .
I

I understand where you are coming from. I am looking at it through the eyes of the other guy too.

I'm opposed to terrorism at all times because innocent people are typically not responsible for the actions of their government. I also think that just because I am an American, I don't have to always agree with the actions of my government. In fact, it seems I rarely do when it comes to foreign policy these days.

When I think my government (or any other government) is wrong, I picture myself in the other guy's shoes and ask "what would I do if I was them".

The answer usually doesn't involve me being a sheep and taking it.

Picture yourself as some Muslim that only wants to live his life, raise his family, and be happy etc.. There are US military bases in his country and the US is giving financial and other support to an unpopular leader that is a despicable wretch that has tortured and killed friends, family etc... because they oppose him.

"What would you do"?

None of it excuses terrorism against innocents (plus it's a bad political strategy), but I could see myself doing some serious damage to US military bases and wanting to assassinate major US political figures as an act of SELF DEFENSE if I was that guy.

DJofSD
04-17-2013, 11:51 AM
Warning, graphic: http://www.capitalnewyork.com/article/media/2013/04/8529102/daily-news-doctored-front-page-photo-boston-bombing

Hank
04-17-2013, 11:59 AM
I understand where you are coming from. I am looking at it through the eyes of the other guy too.

I'm opposed to terrorism at all times because innocent people are typically not responsible for the actions of their government. I also think that just because I am an American, I don't have to always agree with the actions of my government. In fact, it seems I rarely do when it comes to foreign policy these days.

When I think my government (or any other government) is wrong, I picture myself in the other guy's shoes and ask "what would I do if I was them".

The answer usually doesn't involve me being a sheep and taking it.

Picture yourself as some Muslim that only wants to live his life, raise his family, and be happy etc.. There are US military bases in his country and the US is giving financial and other support to an unpopular leader that is a despicable wretch that has tortured and killed friends, family etc... because they oppose him.

"What would you do"?

None of it excuses terrorism against innocents (plus it's a bad political strategy), but I could see myself doing some serious damage to US military bases and wanting to assassinate major US political figures as an act of SELF DEFENSE if I was that guy.

Bingo! This is why analysis of these horrific events in the MM is always limited to "effect" and the causal chain is NEVER mentioned.

Tom
04-17-2013, 12:37 PM

Huh?
How do you stop a hidden bomb?
A guy with a gun threatening people - that is why having a gun is useful.
A bomb hidden and detonated remotely......you don't use a gun to stop that.

Tom
04-17-2013, 12:43 PM
Barney Frank says this was caused by tax cuts.
Some other demo-idiot says it was caused by the "sa-kester!"

:lol::lol::lol: The Idiot Parade has begun. It just turned left off of Main Street.

OCF
04-17-2013, 12:57 PM
A guy with a gun threatening people - that is why having a gun is useful.
A bomb hidden and detonated remotely......you don't use a gun to stop that.

You lost me - we just need the guns to threaten potential bombers who are too naive to realize they're never going to be used to stop bombs?

redshift1
04-17-2013, 01:54 PM
Early reports of suspect arrest.

DJofSD
04-17-2013, 02:11 PM
Early reports of suspect arrest.
Source?

One of my local radio stations reports there has been a person of interest identified but no arrests.

Seems to me, if the authorities tracked this person down via cell phone data and apprehended him, it is way too early to have actually arrested him.

FantasticDan
04-17-2013, 02:18 PM
Source?CNN has been running with the arrest report..

http://news.blogs.cnn.com/2013/04/17/source-arrest-made-in-boston-bombing/

ArlJim78
04-17-2013, 02:35 PM
information coming out is all over the map. even so-called trusted news sources cannot be relied on anymore.

DJofSD
04-17-2013, 02:40 PM
Yep.

Maybe it's just me, but, I think there's a world of difference between being taken into custody and being placed under arrest.

Tom
04-17-2013, 08:40 PM
You lost me - we just need the guns to threaten potential bombers who are too naive to realize they're never going to be used to stop bombs?

No.

JustRalph
04-17-2013, 09:38 PM
Yep.

Maybe it's just me, but, I think there's a world of difference between being taken into custody and being placed under arrest.

After about 45 mn of being taken into custody, it automatically becomes under arrest anyway. Depending on the environs in which you are held

Magister Ludi
04-17-2013, 09:48 PM
http://debka.com/article/22901/Saudi-terror-cell-possibly-al-Qaeda-behind-Boston-Marathon-bombings-Manhunt-for-escaped-suspect

JustRalph
04-17-2013, 10:18 PM
http://www.infowars.com/boston-bombing-culprits-found/

Great page with photos

Lots of suspects .........

johnhannibalsmith
04-17-2013, 10:35 PM

Great page with photos

I had read a little bit about the 4chan CSI team working overtime analyzing photos and video to come up with some great theories, but this article really is pretty darn good reading... even the comments. I loved the post from the strategist guy that pleads not to let the G men get away with the charade. Fun stuff.

Rookies
04-17-2013, 11:39 PM

Great page with photos

EXCELLENT Pics, Ralph!:ThmbUp:

There must have been hundreds of phones and cameras taking pics & video.

You gotta know that in an event like the BM, you WILL be found.

Then you will be hunted, tried and put to death.

boxcar
04-17-2013, 11:42 PM
EXCELLENT Pics, Ralph!:ThmbUp:

There must have been hundreds of phones and cameras taking pics & video.

You gotta know that in an event like the BM, you WILL be found.

Then you will be hunted, tried and put to death.

Unless you get out the country first....If this was the work of Muslim terrorists, surely they had an exit strategy planned.

Boxcar

PaceAdvantage
04-18-2013, 03:35 AM

Great page with photos

Lots of suspects .........That is an interesting page with interesting photos. I think the tall guy in the blue jacket with the beard is getting a raw deal though...don't think he's in on it...

But the dudes in the black jackets with the hats and earphones...they look shady as hell...

There is no doubt in my mind that this was the work of Al-Qaeda, Al-Qaeda sympathizers or some other jihadist outfit.

These weren't suicide bombers though...there is no evidence of that...no "ground zero" body blown to bits...

So, these various theories and videos of people suspiciously running from the scene right after the blast are absurd. If you were the bomber, why would you hang around if you knew a bomb was about to go off, only to run away right after detonation? Makes no sense...

OCF
04-18-2013, 07:03 AM
No.

Uhhh .... Good? OK??

Have a nice day!

JustRalph
04-19-2013, 12:42 AM
An active shooter at MIT?

Connection to Boston bomber?

PaceAdvantage
04-19-2013, 01:00 AM
An active shooter at MIT?

Connection to Boston bomber?Maybe one of the bombers they are hunting for goes to school there and was about to be "outed" by fellow students?

Who the hell knows anymore...it is strange that such a shootout would occur on the campus of MIT...sounds like whoever it was that killed that cop is desperate and obviously highly dangerous...

RXB
04-19-2013, 01:53 AM
Crazy situation unfolding in Watertown... reports of hand grenades being thrown...

mostpost
04-19-2013, 02:34 AM
Msnbc showing a picture of a man lying on the ground. Looks to be dead. I can't tell if he is one of the two.

JustRalph
04-19-2013, 02:36 AM
Boston globe says suspect caught is bomber

mostpost
04-19-2013, 02:40 AM
Msnbc showing a picture of a man lying on the ground. Looks to be dead. I can't tell if he is one of the two.Looking at it again he appears to have his hands in front of him on the ground as if in surrender.I think it is a tape loop.

JustRalph
04-19-2013, 03:03 AM
Suspects in custody: Mike Mulugeta, Sunil Tripathi (Missing Brown Student). These are your Boston Marathon bombers.

Above is a tweet circulating

JustRalph
04-19-2013, 03:08 AM
http://abcnews.go.com/US/sunil-tripathi-surveillance-footage-shows-missing-ivy-league/t/story?id=18845517

Missing?

http://i.huffpost.com/gen/1054205/thumbs/o-SUNIL-TRIPATHI-570.jpg?6

JustRalph
04-19-2013, 03:18 AM
Hmmmm......

newtothegame
04-19-2013, 03:21 AM
Nice Che shirt......!

ManU918
04-19-2013, 03:29 AM
WOW.... I was just on the Help Us Find Sunil Facebook page and I clicked a picture on it and as I did that it brought me back to my own page... The page was removed... Definitely him.

JustRalph
04-19-2013, 03:36 AM
WOW.... I was just on the Help Us Find Sunil Facebook page and I clicked a picture on it and as I did that it brought me back to my own page... The page was removed... Definitely him.

http://cc.bingj.com/cache.aspx?q=help+us+find+sunil+tripathi&d=4800958371725771&mkt=en-US&setlang=en-US&w=nld1_cZ9TIaHOQiAMeSeWxqLMiqIiDje

RXB
04-19-2013, 03:41 AM
Media briefing by law enforcement being organized at local mall... time not specified yet.

menifee
04-19-2013, 05:05 AM

I don't know - NBC reporting that these guys are foreign military from overseas. Not a Brown student.

JustRalph
04-19-2013, 05:14 AM
I don't know - NBC reporting that these guys are foreign military from overseas. Not a Brown student.

Lots of reports that say Boston Police gave the names out over the radio

Going to be interesting to find out who these guys really are

newtothegame
04-19-2013, 05:46 AM
Video of shootout from msnbc.....dark and cant see much but you can hear the gunfire going on for sure....

http://usnews.nbcnews.com/_news/2013/04/19/17817173-one-boston-marathon-suspect-dead-another-still-on-run-officials-say?lite

JustRalph
04-19-2013, 06:50 AM
I heard on Boston police scanner that subjects might be carrying multiple fake ID's including those with the names of the missing kid and the other guy mentioned in the tweet.

That's some sneaky shit. Create an ID for a missing person .....then escape and make it look like some depressed college kid did it

tucker6
04-19-2013, 06:59 AM
Appears one terror suspect is dead. The other is on the run. They were brothers from Chechnia. Don't know why they'd come all this way to kill Americans. They have plenty of fodder in their own land.

JustRalph
04-19-2013, 07:03 AM
Appears one terror suspect is dead. The other is on the run. They were brothers from Chechnia. Don't know why they'd come all this way to kill Americans. They have plenty of fodder in their own land.

Islam is the predominant religion in Chechnya. Chechens are overwhelmingly adherents to Sunni Islam

From wiki

wisconsin
04-19-2013, 07:04 AM
The other won't be taken alive.

menifee
04-19-2013, 07:05 AM
Chechnya - there are radical Islamic terrorists there who have been funded by Al Qaeda - if it is quacks like a duck and walks like a duck...

ArlJim78
04-19-2013, 07:09 AM
no it is definitely NOT this Sunil kid.

tucker6
04-19-2013, 07:15 AM
Islam is the predominant religion in Chechnya. Chechens are overwhelmingly adherents to Sunni Islam

From wiki
thank you

tucker6
04-19-2013, 07:16 AM
The other won't be taken alive.
agree. His brother was just killed, so what reason will he have to be taken alive. He's going to attempt to maximize the damage in his demise.

JustRalph
04-19-2013, 07:17 AM
Cops expanding the perimeter is a bad sign

Having been in that situation as a dispatcher........it's a bad sign

He could be long gone........

Tom
04-19-2013, 07:31 AM
What a good day to have a gun in your home......the bigger the better.

JustRalph
04-19-2013, 07:39 AM
http://www.boston.com/yourtown/news/cambridge/2011/05/cambridge_announces_2011_city.html

His world view listed

rastajenk
04-19-2013, 07:40 AM
Have either MSNBC or CNN had time yet to re-address their spin that the bombing was the work of right-wing Tax Day uber-Patriots? I wonder if they'll ever get around to that. :rolleyes:

ArlJim78
04-19-2013, 07:44 AM
Have either MSNBC or CNN had time yet to re-address their spin that the bombing was the work of right-wing Tax Day uber-Patriots? I wonder if they'll ever get around to that. :rolleyes:
they're too busy looking for Tea Party groups working in Chechnya.

ArlJim78
04-19-2013, 07:49 AM
What a good day to have a gun in your home......the bigger the better.
if you're defenseless, barricaded right now in your home or apartment while this armed and dangerous murderer is lurking in the neighborhood, suddenly your whole viewpoint on what it means to have the right to bear arms takes on new meaning.

JustRalph
04-19-2013, 07:53 AM
if you're defenseless, barricaded right now in your home or apartment while this armed and dangerous murderer is lurking in the neighborhood, suddenly your whole viewpoint on what it means to have the right to bear arms takes on new meaning.

And if you live in New York, you can only have a seven round magazine

http://www.ustream.tv/channel/ma-rt-9-window-cam

JustRalph
04-19-2013, 08:04 AM
The entire city of Boston? They have some kind of secondary threat intel

Something else is going on....?

Rookies
04-19-2013, 08:28 AM
CNN interviewing a High School friend now. Friend, as usual in these situations, is clueless about what transpired from what he knew.

Valuist
04-19-2013, 08:30 AM
Doesn't one just want to widen those immigration laws? :bang:

Robert Goren
04-19-2013, 08:35 AM
Apparently, one of them, according FOX News, had Nazi propaganda on his facebook page. A Islamic -Nazi, who would have thought it.

newtothegame
04-19-2013, 08:39 AM
Apparently, one of them, according FOX News, had Nazi propaganda on his facebook page. A Islamic -Nazi, who would have thought it.

You would love for this to be a right wing person, more specifically a (rhymes with PEA) party type........

Last I heard though, the tea party had NO influence much less in Chechnya....:lol:

Robert Goren
04-19-2013, 08:54 AM
You would love for this to be a right wing person, more specifically a (rhymes with PEA) party type........

Last I heard though, the tea party had NO influence much less in Chechnya....:lol: I don't think they were right wings nuts. But people in Chechnya share a hatred of the Russians with the Hitler led 1930-1940s Nazis. The enemy of my enemy is my friend sometimes is true. I suspect the Nazi stuff on Facebook was more than anti-Russian than pro-Nazi.

JustRalph
04-19-2013, 09:09 AM
@Boston_Police I will kill you all as you killed my brother Tamerlan Tsarnaev #watertown one killed i think one injured;;;; gooooo hell

He's tweeting.......per Boston PD radio

Saratoga_Mike
04-19-2013, 09:13 AM
I don't think they were right wings nuts. But people in Chechnya share a hatred of the Russians with the Hitler led 1930-1940s Nazis. The enemy of my enemy is my friend sometimes is true. I suspect the Nazi stuff on Facebook was more than anti-Russian than pro-Nazi.

Do you think they just might be Islamic extremists? I'm going to go out on a limb and say yes.

ArlJim78
04-19-2013, 09:16 AM
probably a fake twitter account

JustRalph
04-19-2013, 09:16 AM
I think that's a fake twitter account, but BPD aired it as "intel"

lamboguy
04-19-2013, 09:24 AM
they got helicopters all over this place. i am about 2 miles away from Watertown. the streets are completely empty. every store is closed.

Robert Goren
04-19-2013, 09:27 AM
Do you think they just might be Islamic extremists? I'm going to go out on a limb and say yes. They might be. Probably are. They also might be Islamic anti-Russian extremists considering they from Chechnya. Do you think that is possible? The USA and much of the world(including Russia) is at war with radical Islam.

Tom
04-19-2013, 09:39 AM
Two Russian Nationals just stopped in Niagara Falls.
Car has MA plates - suspicious back packs.
Bomb dogs being brought in.

ArlJim78
04-19-2013, 09:47 AM
They might be. Probably are. They also might be Islamic anti-Russian extremists considering they from Chechnya. Do you think that is possible? The USA and much of the world(including Russia) is at war with radical Islam.
Yes I'm sure their hatred of Russians was the reason they came to America years ago and now decided to kill innocent Americans in a terror strike.

Saratoga_Mike
04-19-2013, 09:55 AM
Yes I'm sure their hatred of Russians was the reason they came to America years ago and now decided to kill innocent Americans in a terror strike.

He did get the "at war with radical Islam" part correct, which surprised me

LottaKash
04-19-2013, 10:08 AM
they got helicopters all over this place. i am about 2 miles away from Watertown. the streets are completely empty. every store is closed.

This is what is known as: "MARSHALL LAW"....

And, they are doing this, all in the name of "terrorism"...(for two guys, mind you)

You can call it anything you like, and that is ok by me....

But me, I call it "practice"... or previews of coming attractions....

DJofSD
04-19-2013, 10:20 AM
Overnight developments detailed here. (http://bigstory.ap.org/article/police-converge-neighborhood-outside-boston)

Robert Goren
04-19-2013, 10:30 AM
He did get the "at war with radical Islam" part correct, which surprised me In the eyes of the Islamic extremist, I doubt there is any difference between Russia and the USA, especially if they are from Chechnya. A quick check of the world news over the last 10 years or so, will show there has been plenty of attacks on Russia by Islamic extremists too. This is world wide war. Britian has been attacked several times and there was a major attack in Spain several years ago. It is not just an American war.

Saratoga_Mike
04-19-2013, 10:33 AM
In the eyes of the Islamic extremist, I doubt there is any difference between Russia and the USA, especially if they are from Chechnya. A quick check of the world news over the last 10 years or so, will show there has been plenty of attacks on Russia by Islamic extremists too. This is world wide war. Britian has been attacked several times and there was a major attack in Spain several years ago. It is not just an American war.

I know all of this (the independent phrase in the first sentence is questionable, though). I just thought you would deny it. I'm happy to see you live in the real world and not the liberal fantasy world when it comes to terrorism.

lamboguy
04-19-2013, 10:33 AM
i just heard they found some bombs in the Niagra Falls area. what is pretty clear to me is that muslims like to come over to our country and benefit from all the medical care, schools, our way of life and whatever, but deep down inside they hate us, the good muslims along with the bad ones. for the life of me, i can't figure out what we could have possibly done to those people to hate us so much.

Robert Goren
04-19-2013, 10:35 AM
Yes I'm sure their hatred of Russians was the reason they came to America years ago and now decided to kill innocent Americans in a terror strike.Escaping the Russians was probably was the reason they came to America years ago.

Saratoga_Mike
04-19-2013, 10:38 AM
Escaping the Russians was probably was the reason they came to America years ago.

Let's assume this is correct - this is how they repay the United States?

JustRalph
04-19-2013, 10:39 AM
i just heard they found some bombs in the Niagra Falls area. what is pretty clear to me is that muslims like to come over to our country and benefit from all the medical care, schools, our way of life and whatever, but deep down inside they hate us, the good muslims along with the bad ones. for the life of me, i can't figure out what we could have possibly done to those people to hate us so much.

You don't have to do anything. You aren't a practicing Muslim. Depending on the interpretation of their religion, they are duty bound to kill you.

Saratoga_Mike
04-19-2013, 10:42 AM
Bombing suspects’ father calls son ‘a true angel.’

Robert Goren
04-19-2013, 10:43 AM
i just heard they found some bombs in the Niagra Falls area. what is pretty clear to me is that muslims like to come over to our country and benefit from all the medical care, schools, our way of life and whatever, but deep down inside they hate us, the good muslims along with the bad ones. for the life of me, i can't figure out what we could have possibly done to those people to hate us so much. It is our way of life they hate. They consider it against everything they believe. We are Sodom and Gomorrah in their minds and we taint everything we touch in their warped minds.

Tom
04-19-2013, 10:46 AM
Funny mad dogs think that of us.

DJofSD
04-19-2013, 11:16 AM
Heritage Foundation report (http://www.heritage.org/research/reports/2012/03/a-threat-to-the-west-the-rise-of-islamist-insurgency-in-the-northern-caucasus) detailing history of the area.

Rookies
04-19-2013, 11:25 AM
The problem for people of such ilk, obviously whacked out, but beyond that, at sometime in their lives, have become susceptible to terrorist indoctrination. Canada has one such example here, albeit a dead one: http://www.canada.com/news/Muslim+leaders+London+react+Algeria+terrorist+atta ck+links/8184559/story.html

For the vast majority of you, London, Ontario is NOT Chechnya or Kabul. It is a very, conservative, capitalist, insurance based city known for electing... obviously conservatives.

These young men and those in Boston are the face of the future. They don't look like any stereotype of the Muslim radical, as they have been subsumed by Western culture. But they become the classic 'sleepers', just waiting to arise from the slightest sense of disaffection. This twist/twisted thinking may arise in domestic madrasses, but it is likely to be aided and abetted when they return to the mother Islamic country/ countries and get sold the full Monty of terror-jihadism.

Unfortunately for BOTH the former superpowers (U.S./U.S.S.R.) , this may not be resolved until your grandchildren's children on earth! The question then arises as to how much freedom and liberty should be contained by a democratic police state. Think perhaps, Singapore, where the police have the authority toenter one's premises for any questioning they desire.

Inimical to democracy? Yes, but for sure that will be a road under discussion in the future.

How bizarre is the thinking in some cases?

Two examples off the top of my head.

1) Authoritarian Tito ruled with an iron fist for 50 years over Communist Yugo. Virtually, the second he died, next door ethnic neighbours, who lived side by side for a half century, immediately renewed grievances from WW2!

2) Without looking it up, in the early 80s, I believe, a small cell of Armenians wanted Canada totake diplomatic action against Turkey for their WW1 atrociities. For those unaware, Hitler used the world's indifference to the holocaust of the Armenians to not worry about reaction to his slaughter of the Jews."Who remembers the Armenians" he once said.

I did biz with Armenians at that time and I liked their quite, disciplined, friendly families and culture. Notwithstanding, this group threatened to bomb the Toronto subways if action wasn't taken.

So, let's review. An event in world history that involved countries other than Canada, 70 years before and 5,000 miles away was on the terrorist table!

Whaaaaaat?

How do you ever get to that thinking and how can it be stopped before such connections are made?

lamboguy
04-19-2013, 11:39 AM
a block away from my house, I watched the Brookline Police and bomb squad experts looking at garbage cans and cars up and down Beacon Street looking for explosives.

mountainman
04-19-2013, 11:43 AM
I'm sure this has been checked out, but it strikes me as a suspicious gesture when that guy sticks something yellow behind his back at the exact instant one of the bombers walks behind him.

therussmeister
04-19-2013, 11:52 AM
Bombing suspects’ father calls son ‘a true angel.’
Uncle calls him "a loser."

ArlJim78
04-19-2013, 12:20 PM
I'm sure this has been checked out, but it strikes me as a suspicious gesture when that guy sticks something yellow behind his back at the exact instant one of the bombers walks behind him.which video is it where you can see this?

Saratoga_Mike
04-19-2013, 12:34 PM
I'm sure this has been checked out, but it strikes me as a suspicious gesture when that guy sticks something yellow behind his back at the exact instant one of the bombers walks behind him.

If we're looking at the same thing, I think that may be one of the yellow bags that was distributed to the runners to store their stuff in. If correct, I'd assume he was a family member just holding it. Or maybe you're looking at something entirely different.

ManU918
04-19-2013, 03:36 PM
For some reason I am thinking that the 19 year old killed himself.... Anyone else have that feeling?

PaceAdvantage
04-19-2013, 04:31 PM
This is what is known as: "MARSHALL LAW"....

And, they are doing this, all in the name of "terrorism"...(for two guys, mind you)

You can call it anything you like, and that is ok by me....

But me, I call it "practice"... or previews of coming attractions....I have to admit, I had the same thought about this being good "practice....'

OR, could be the threat is bigger than they are letting on, and there is more going on then meets the eye.

After all, why were there obvious para-military types attending the Boston Marathon with radiation detectors in hand? The video and photographic evidence for this is hard to ignore, even if it's only being posted on infowars and ignored by everyone else.

(but a picture of a guy on a roof sets the twitter world on fire....go figure)

PaceAdvantage
04-19-2013, 04:34 PM
It is our way of life they hate. They consider it against everything they believe. We are Sodom and Gomorrah in their minds and we taint everything we touch in their warped minds.
Am I supposed to ignore now how the election of Obama was supposed to change all that for the better? Isn't that what we were told prior to the 2008 elections? Yes we were...we SO were...another big fat lie that most reasonable people knew couldn't possibly be true...

lamboguy
04-19-2013, 05:39 PM
its now evening, the Bruins game has been cancelled, there is no public transportation or taxi-cabs. no public dining facilities are open, super markets are all closed, and doctor's with private practices did not work today. i went down the street from my house and only saw state police cars and no one running on the streets like usual on a beautiful day. everyone is very tense and uptight.

riskman
04-19-2013, 05:44 PM
Massachusetts ironically is often thought of as the birthplace of the revolution,and its citizens are now forced to cower in their homes and in some cases evacuate,areas of the city shut down as well as streets ,stores transit while armored cars and police "protect them" from... What? a couple Chechen terrorists? Is this the new police state?
Bostonian's accept this protection in exchange for some portion of their own sense of personal responsibility. As a result, they could possibly be more easily controlled by those protectors in the future. Am I overreacting here? I have never seen anything like this before and it concerns me.

Shelby
04-19-2013, 05:51 PM
its now evening, the Bruins game has been cancelled, there is no public transportation or taxi-cabs. no public dining facilities are open, super markets are all closed, and doctor's with private practices did not work today. i went down the street from my house and only saw state police cars and no one running on the streets like usual on a beautiful day. everyone is very tense and uptight.

{hugs} Hang in there, Lambo.

I've been listening to the Boston scanner ALL day long. I thought they caught the guy a bit ago, but it wasn't him.

Saratoga_Mike
04-19-2013, 05:59 PM
Massachusetts ironically is often thought of as the birthplace of the revolution,and its citizens are now forced to cower in their homes and in some cases evacuate,areas of the city shut down as well as streets ,stores transit while armored cars and police "protect them" from... What? a couple Chechen terrorists? Is this the new police state?
Bostonian's accept this protection in exchange for some portion of their own sense of personal responsibility. As a result, they could possibly be more easily controlled by those protectors in the future. Am I overreacting here? I have never seen anything like this before and it concerns me.

Of course you are. First, we don't have all the facts about the suspect and his potential associates. Second, it seems perfectly reasonable to allow professionally trained law-enforcement personnel to deal with a deranged -presumably heavily-armed - nut-case. Third, it's one day. If Boston is still closed down in a month, you might be onto something.

Why the quotes around "protect them?" That's what the police are doing. I support the Second Amendment, but we don't need private citizens trying to hunt down this guy on their own. Vigilante justice is not the American way.

So, yes, your reaction is a complete and total overreaction.

LottaKash
04-19-2013, 06:14 PM
I have to admit, I had the same thought about this being good "practice....'

OR, could be the threat is bigger than they are letting on, and there is more going on then meets the eye.

After all, why were there obvious para-military types attending the Boston Marathon with radiation detectors in hand? The video and photographic evidence for this is hard to ignore, even if it's only being posted on infowars and ignored by everyone else.

(but a picture of a guy on a roof sets the twitter world on fire....go figure)

Or perhaps this may have something to do with that...Who's to say ?...

This whole after the fact scenario is too, too bizarre for me tho...

I never knew this nation to be that "chicken shit" before this...

"Boston marathon bombing happened on same day as 'controlled explosion' drill by Boston bomb squad"

Learn more: http://www.naturalnews.com/039926_Boston_marathon_bombing_terrorism.html#ixzz 2QwxZ1cU4

lamboguy
04-19-2013, 06:23 PM
they just lifted the lockout here.

elysiantraveller
04-19-2013, 06:35 PM
Cops expanding the perimeter is a bad sign

Having been in that situation as a dispatcher........it's a bad sign

He could be long gone........

Good call from almost 12 hours ago...

And I could be wrong but it seems this guy may have other "help" doesn't it?

ArlJim78
04-19-2013, 07:05 PM
they say he's down, shots fired, suspect down.

tbwinner
04-19-2013, 07:16 PM
Yep he is apparently down and they are sending in robot to check for explosives.

tbwinner
04-19-2013, 07:29 PM
Now they say he's alive and surrounded.

elysiantraveller
04-19-2013, 07:35 PM
Yup.

I hope he dies for the simple fact that being a citizen he can't go somewhere to get really sweated...

I wanted him alive until I heard of his citizenship...

VeryOldMan
04-19-2013, 07:55 PM
Real time scanner:

ArlJim78
04-19-2013, 08:02 PM
Yup.

I hope he dies for the simple fact that being a citizen he can't go somewhere to get really sweated...

I wanted him alive until I heard of his citizenship...
victims might want him alive though.

tucker6
04-19-2013, 08:28 PM
Of course you are. First, we don't have all the facts about the suspect and his potential associates. Second, it seems perfectly reasonable to allow professionally trained law-enforcement personnel to deal with a deranged -presumably heavily-armed - nut-case. Third, it's one day. If Boston is still closed down in a month, you might be onto something.

Why the quotes around "protect them?" That's what the police are doing. I support the Second Amendment, but we don't need private citizens trying to hunt down this guy on their own. Vigilante justice is not the American way.

So, yes, your reaction is a complete and total overreaction.
I don't think it's an overreaction at all. I find the whole police action in the last 24 hours in some respects more troubling than the initial bombing. An entire city in lockdown because one guy is loose somewhere in a part of the city. I understand that the initial reaction is "Oh My God, terrorist attack", but if you succumb to the fear, then the attack did EXACTLY what it was intended to do, which is to drive our freedoms further from us. There have been many instances of people having killed more people in a killing spree than these two did, and not only was a city not locked down, life went on.

So go on feeling good about this loss of freedom, but I don't.

tucker6
04-19-2013, 08:31 PM
victims might want him alive though.
Frankly speaking and even though I feel bad for the families, in a terror attack, that doesn't count for much. There are bigger things in play here than the feelings of the victims and their families.

JustRalph
04-19-2013, 08:38 PM
I don't think it's an overreaction at all. I find the whole police action in the last 24 hours in some respects more troubling than the initial bombing. An entire city in lockdown because one guy is loose somewhere in a part of the city. I understand that the initial reaction is "Oh My God, terrorist attack", but if you succumb to the fear, then the attack did EXACTLY what it was intended to do, which is to drive our freedoms further from us. There have been many instances of people having killed more people in a killing spree than these two did, and not only was a city not locked down, life went on.

So go on feeling good about this loss of freedom, but I don't.

If you know how the "wave attack" and cell mentality works you would realize that you are dead wrong. There could be 10 more guys waiting to set off bombs. Until you get more intel, you lock everybody down. Btw, they may know more than they are telling. In fact I am sure they do. No way I second guess the authorities in the manner you have.

Rookies
04-19-2013, 08:43 PM
Real time scanner:

It just reported: " Suspect in custody".

tucker6
04-19-2013, 08:43 PM
If you know how the "wave attack" and cell mentality works you would realize that you are dead wrong. There could be 10 more guys waiting to set off bombs. Until you get more intel, you lock everybody down. Btw, they may know more than they are telling. In fact I am sure they do. No way I second guess the authorities in the manner you have.
when you stop questioning authorities, you're in BIG trouble.

Suspect is in custody

PICSIX
04-19-2013, 08:46 PM
It just reported: " Suspect in custody".

Awesome!!! :ThmbUp: :ThmbUp:

Rookies
04-19-2013, 08:47 PM

Completely agree here. I thought the Boston Emergency Plan was rolled out to perfection and these were absolutely the correct decisions.

When I heard both Patrick and the head of the Mass State Police at 6:00p.m. giving the equivalent of the re-opening of the City, you knew they had fingered the location of this scumball and were waiting to pick him up... alive if possible.

Tom
04-19-2013, 08:55 PM

In this case, whatever it takes to get the intel.
I emphasize whatever.
Torture is 100% justified here.
This jerk has no rights as a human being - he is a mad dog animal - he needs to be treated as such.

tucker6
04-19-2013, 08:59 PM
In this case, whatever it takes to get the intel.
I emphasize whatever.
Torture is 100% justified here.
This jerk has no rights as a human being - he is a mad dog animal - he needs to be treated as such.
on that I agree.

JustRalph
04-19-2013, 09:13 PM
when you stop questioning authorities, you're in BIG trouble.

Suspect is in custody

Yeah, that's my problem, I never question authority.........

tucker6
04-19-2013, 09:16 PM
Yeah, that's my problem, I never question authority.........
It was a rhetorical statement and not directed at you necessarily ...

fast4522
04-19-2013, 09:20 PM
Ralph, I had you pegged as a long service guy who often knew at the same time or before your boss, why question?