PDA

View Full Version : Julie Krone threats?

Tom
02-15-2004, 09:42 PM
Maybe the California posters have heard more about this?
Supposedly, Gary Stevens got a note meant for Julie and was so shaken up by it he took off mounts. When Julie finally got it, she too dropped out of public afor a while. Conjecture on Roger Stein's show is that it was a death threat from a stalker she knew and had follwed rhe from NY?
Scary thought.

PaceAdvantage
02-15-2004, 10:56 PM
Interesting....lots and lots o nuts out there, that's for sure...

Speed Figure
02-15-2004, 11:06 PM
Originally posted by PaceAdvantage
Interesting....lots and lots o nuts out there, that's for sure...
Lots of nuts out where? N.Y has it's share of nuts too! :D

PaceAdvantage
02-15-2004, 11:19 PM
Sigh......when I said "out there", I wasn't specifically referring to California. I meant "out there", like "OUT THERE", like "out in the world OUT THERE", like "out THERE, not IN HERE (in my house?) OUT THERE"

Get it?!?!? LOL

Sometimes message boards are horrible ways for communicating the meaning of ones thoughts, or maybe I just suck at it....:eek:

Buddha
02-15-2004, 11:32 PM
I dont think it was the way you commnuicated youself. Message boards can be tough especially judging ones sarcasm, as you cant hear a tone of the "text" or voice :)

Speed Figure
02-15-2004, 11:54 PM
I was only joking, i'm not trying to make anyone mad...:o

sq764
02-16-2004, 12:04 AM
Man, if I had the time to send all the death threats out to jocks I intended to...

stgeorge
02-16-2004, 05:10 AM
I don't know, I'd have to hear more from the people actually involved, otherwise it sounds like people are reading a little more into the story as it has been reported...

Gary Stevens took of his last mount Thursday complaining about a lack of security for jockeys on their walk back to the jockey's room after each race.

According to a story in the LA Times:

Stevens said there were two incidents after he'd finished fourth aboard Throw Me A Curve in Thursday's sixth race.

He said one fan, standing on the other side of the winner's circle, cursed him as he left the track. Another, Stevens said, followed him to the jockeys' room.

"He was a clean-cut guy, but you never know," Stevens said. "In a split second, anything could happen. This was the same guy who came up to me the day before and asked me to take a written message to [jockey Julie Krone], which I did. After a race on Wednesday, I was surrounded by 15 to 20 people who wanted autographs. I needed the help of my agent [Craig O'Bryan] to get through. You want to cooperate with fans, but you also have to get on with the business of riding the next race."

So, by my calculations, Gary passed the note to Julie on Wednesday, and then he rode on Thursday, taking off his last mount and returning to ride on Friday. Krone, according to reports, worked horses on Thursday morning before deciding her back was too sore to ride. So it doesn't seem like anyone was too worked up about the note on Wednesday.

sq764
02-16-2004, 09:35 AM
Ok, 2 things about this Stevens ‘incident’

- If he is upset about a guy cussing him out after he lost a race, he is in the wrong business. It’s time to pack his crap up and retire.

- Scott Peterson and OJ were both clean-cut guys.

so.cal.fan
02-16-2004, 10:48 AM
Julie Krone's husband Jay Hovdey told my husband that Julie's back was very sore after riding, and as she wants to be right for Halfbriddled and other good mounts, she is going to get 100%.
She did not ride well the day she came back, in fact, she looked pretty bad.....she came back too soon.....she knew it, and took off again.
As for the Steven's incident, the man in question is a known "nut" around Santa Anita, he has caused trouble before.
The security guard who was suppose to be there was off somewhere else, and Gary had a problem, so he took off the last race to go talk to security about this guy, he wanted him thrown off the track, a lot of people agreed. Don't know what they did, but these kind of "fans" are not needed at the track. They can and do cause trouble.
These jocks get yelled at often.......they don't let it bother them for the most part.....a guy will yell out " you're a bad rider....take a job"......hey that's part of the deal.
However.....a psycho is another story..........I hope they kicked the guy out.

kenwoodallpromos
02-16-2004, 09:53 PM
If racing was smart they would set aside a time for fans to meet the jocks instead of pros like Stevens bitching about autograghs wanted!

sq764
02-16-2004, 09:55 PM
Excellent point!

Imagine if baseball players acted like this.. They would lose millions of fans/

alysheba88
02-17-2004, 08:20 AM
Why does a fan need an autograph? Why does a fan need to curse out a jockey for a bad bet they made? Why does a fan who hates every jockey go to the races at all?

People think fans have a right to do anything they want however loutish it is.

sq764
02-17-2004, 09:25 AM
Why does a fan need an autograph? I think that question answers itself.

Why does a fan need to curse a badbet they made? They don't.

Why does a fan need to curse a jockey when they give a horrible ride to their horse? Because they invested money on the jock and expect an effort

alysheba88
02-17-2004, 10:07 AM
Not sure I understand the autograph part. Dont see an answer. Have never understood why anyone, especially an adult, needs an autograph from a celebrity. Nor why the celebrity "owes" anyone an autograph. The whole process is insulting and denigrating to both parties in my opinion.

99% of the time the cursing I see at jockeys has nothing to do with effort. Usually its some drunken loser who needs to blame someone else for his own problems and lack of ability. Makes em feel like a a "real man" to curse someone out. Again most of these folks are just miserable human beings looking to take out their frustrations on anyone. The jockeys are an easy target for themselves. When they get home its their wife and kids.

Wish the tracks did a better job of ejecting the cursers.

sq764
02-17-2004, 10:11 AM
That's funny.. I have cursed harness drivers in the past, yet when I get home I do not curse my wife.. Or hit the dog..

That's quite a generalization that people that curse a jock or driver are drunken, loser, wife berating scum..

Have you ever been to a sporting event (baseball, football or other) and booed at any time?

alysheba88
02-17-2004, 10:15 AM
Well sure, not every racetrack curser beats his wife. Definitely a generalization on my part.

And not every curser at a jockey is necessarily drunk. But most are frustrated losers who dont understand anything about playing the horses, to say nothing about riding them. They load up on some 7-5 chalk that should be 5-1 and thats subsequently runs up the track, so they curse and rage at the jockey to make themselves feel better.

Have yet to see any analysis showing me how cursing at a jockey will make you money.

Have booed a dirty hit at a football game thats about it.

Think in general sports fans have a serious anger management problem. If going to an event makes them so miserable dont understand why they go in the first place.

sq764
02-17-2004, 10:47 AM
Maybe going to sporting events gives people an outlet to unload all the frustration and anger they experience in their everyday lives.. Ever think of that?

Or would you rather people bottle it all up and go on a shooting spree? I tend to lean to the former than the latter.

alysheba88
02-17-2004, 10:54 AM
I don't doubt thats why some go. But kind of sad to defend it by saying well at least they arent shooting someone. Think expectations for human behavior should be higher than that.

Rather than going to sporting events to vent their personal problems would think it would be far more beneficial to focus on the source of their frustration and work toward alleviating it in a productive manner.

I go to sporting events, movies or the theatre to enjoy myself. And in the case of horse racing to make some money too.

sq764
02-17-2004, 11:43 AM
After reading your response, I now remember why I like to go to these sporting events and getting really loaded.

Brian Flewwelling
02-17-2004, 04:11 PM
Originally posted by sq764
That's funny.. I have cursed harness drivers in the past, yet when I get home I do not curse my wife.. Or hit the dog..

and i assume you deny hitting your wife, and cursing the dog :)

:D

sq764
02-17-2004, 04:24 PM
Nah, my wife is Italian, I would have cement shoes within minutes after hitting her..

When I get real, real mad (like maybe twice in 30 years of existance), I throw the remote control to the ground.. Not sure why that's the victim, but I've broken 2 of them :-)

Bubbles
02-17-2004, 04:25 PM
Back to the whole Gary Stevens's autograph thing. Met him a few years ago when he was up at Saratoga for a few days, actually a good guy, autographs were no problem for him, at least back then. Not sure what's caused the change you all are referring to.

alysheba88
02-17-2004, 04:30 PM
Not surprised Bubbles. The times I have seen him interacting with the public has always been great. Thats something that non-celebrities dont seem to appreciate enough,

Someone could be great 364 days a year but you catch them at the wrong time and then that becomes their "reality" of the person.

All it takes is one snub and the guy is a terrible human being, doesnt deserve to live, an ungrateful SOB, and so on

sq764
02-17-2004, 04:51 PM
Alysheba, it must be nice to be so god-like, as to never misjudge someone based on an experience.

Guess what, if I meet someone once and they are an asshole, that could be the only day I ever meet them. They could be the greatest human on earth the other 364 days out of the year, but what do I have to go on?

I find it hard to believe you have never had a bad experience at a bank or supermarket or store and thought "Man, these checkout clerks are idiots... or.. These bank tellers sure are slow"

alysheba88
02-17-2004, 07:53 PM
Sq, sorry if I come across god-like. Not my intention.

And yes of course I am guilty of doing exactly that. I have improved a lot in this regard, am aware of it, and dont like when I fall back into it, but sure I do it too.

Maybe thats why I am understanding of others and give them the benefit of the doubt.

keilan
02-17-2004, 07:56 PM
Give it a rest.

What does sq746 stand for anyways?

Derek2U
02-17-2004, 08:19 PM
Keilans got a point. Who are U? are u related to VetScratch?
anyways, i like ur posts but don't attack AlySheba cause Aly
will Thug U over & brake ur derrier no difficulty there. so, it def
behooves U NOT 2 piss Keilan . ps, I miss VS .. i reallie DO ..
its not right just because she hated Bush. Lefty, did U help (or
ploT 2 help her banishment?))) ... yeah Lefty takes the 5th... he
okays any 5th offered.... now i dont wanna see any BringBack VS stuff!!

sq764
02-17-2004, 09:22 PM
Um, ok..

sq764 stands for nothing..

Alysheba, I just hope you realize that people venting at a football game is a good thing. If everyone held everything in, we would have more snipers, suicide bombers and rapists. If someone curses at a jock, who cares? I am a Vp of a call center.. I get cussed at daily.. And you know what? who cares?

Keilan, excellent post.. not.

Derek2u, no I am not related to vetscratch (not even going to try to guess the correlation there).

Frankly D2U, I cannot understand your jibberish writing. I am not sure if it's pig latin, greek or Ancient Egyptian... Therefore, I cannot answer the rest of your post.. I just don't understand it.

alysheba88
02-17-2004, 10:20 PM
sq, the key to anger management is not holding it in. Its not getting so disturbed at stuff that is meaningless in the big scheme of things in the first place.

There is a reason there are more serial killers and snipers in this country then in others but will leave that for another day:)

sq764
02-17-2004, 11:09 PM
Could you get your story straight please?

if the key is to not hold it in, then releasing it would be the key, correct?

Or do you mean releasing it anywhere but the track or a sporting event?

Good Lord, maybe another beer will help me understand your circular talk.

alysheba88
02-18-2004, 07:58 AM
sq, its fairly simple.

Instead of getting all worked up and needing to scream and vent, you find ways not to get worked up to begin with. You realize what is important and what is not. You think before you act and reacte.

If you manage a call center you should be familar with that I am talking about. Managing conflict and stress is a skill.

sq764
02-18-2004, 09:38 AM
But a bigger skill is finding proper avenues to vent your frustration.

Everyone hits a boiling point and if you hold it in, you are on a quick road to death.. So, if the guy next to me yells 50 f-bombs during the night, who cares?

superfecta
02-18-2004, 11:06 PM
Originally posted by sq764
if you hold it in, you are on a quick road to death.. So, if the guy next to me yells 50 f-bombs during the night, who cares? Funny you should say that,I knifed a guy after saying that only after one F bomb(course he aimed it at me,so it was self defense)