PDA

View Full Version : Santa Anita Race 8

Ocala Mike
04-14-2013, 07:23 PM
I rarely feel I lost a race because of what a jock did or didn't do, but would someone on here verify for me that Talamo "had nowhere to go" on that :8: horse down the stretch? I thought that an aggressive rider would have tried to "bull" his way through that rapidly-closing hole. Guess I should watch the head-on, but I was hoping someone else saw this race.

jdhanover
04-14-2013, 08:45 PM
Agree...thought I was going to cash a nice ticket Then he jerks the horse a few times and loses momentum. He waited a bit too long to move to an opening I think. When he did it was too tight.

SharpCat
04-14-2013, 08:47 PM
They do not have the Head-on for that race yet at Twinspires. I'll let you know as soon as I see the replay.

menifee
04-14-2013, 10:45 PM
I rarely feel I lost a race because of what a jock did or didn't do, but would someone on here verify for me that Talamo "had nowhere to go" on that :8: horse down the stretch? I thought that an aggressive rider would have tried to "bull" his way through that rapidly-closing hole. Guess I should watch the head-on, but I was hoping someone else saw this race.

I had the 8 too. That was very painful - I thought he was much the best in the race. Talamo rode him terribly.