PDA

View Full Version : Curiously Quiet From The Left

dartman51
04-13-2013, 04:07 PM
While the LEFT bitches and moans about the rich NOT paying their fair share, not one peep about Obama, getting his effective tax rate below 19%. It seems Obama is no different than any other rich person, when it comes to paying taxes. Get an accountant and pay the least possible. I would, and so would everyone here, left or right. It's real easy to sit at a keyboard and cry for higher taxes, until it affects you. If any one here, suddenly became a millionaire, the first thing you would do is hire a good accountant. It would be the SMART thing to do. :ThmbUp:

thaskalos
04-13-2013, 04:51 PM
While the LEFT bitches and moans about the rich NOT paying their fair share, not one peep about Obama, getting his effective tax rate below 19%. It seems Obama is no different than any other rich person, when it comes to paying taxes. Get an accountant and pay the least possible. I would, and so would everyone here, left or right. It's real easy to sit at a keyboard and cry for higher taxes, until it affects you. If any one here, suddenly became a millionaire, the first thing you would do is hire a good accountant. It would be the SMART thing to do. :ThmbUp:
You guys on the right are never satisfied.

You complain when we "sit at our keyboard and bitch and moan"...and when we stop bitching and moaning, then you start criticizing us for keeping quiet.

Tom
04-13-2013, 04:52 PM
Nice move, totally side-step the facts presented.

boxcar
04-13-2013, 06:14 PM
Nice move, totally side-step the facts presented.

What Thask really meant to say, but was too embarrassed to, was that that 19% was more than BO's fair share. :lol: Besides, if he had to pay anymore than that, he would probably go with his hand out to his brother ( living in that thatch hut with dirt floors) begging him to help him pay his taxes. :lol:

Boxcar

PaceAdvantage
04-13-2013, 06:25 PM
You don't have to be rich in order to get your effective tax rate much lower...all you need to do is own a house with a mortgage, for starters...plenty of middle class folks have the ability to get their effective tax rate quite low via legal deductions such as mortgage interest, real estate tax, 401k contributions, etc. etc.

Robert Goren
04-13-2013, 06:25 PM
At least, he makes his public. You bet your bottom dollar we won't see anything from the guy who ran against him or any of the other losers in the GOP primary.

PaceAdvantage
04-13-2013, 06:26 PM
At least, he makes his public. You bet your bottom dollar we won't see anything from the guy who ran against him or any of the other losers in the GOP primary.What are you talking about? I just googled Romney's effective tax rate...it was 14%...Obama needs a new accountant... :lol:

elysiantraveller
04-13-2013, 06:37 PM
At least, he makes his public. You bet your bottom dollar we won't see anything from the guy who ran against him or any of the other losers in the GOP primary.

Do you think before you post this inane bullshit?

4% is the difference between a guy making $650,000.00 and a retiree...

15% was his cap on taxes and he paid 14% after giving millions away to charity... He is working again now, and I'll bet damn sure he out pays Obama.

Seriously... cut the crap...

elysiantraveller
04-13-2013, 06:43 PM
You guys on the right are never satisfied.

You complain when we "sit at our keyboard and bitch and moan"...and when we stop bitching and moaning, then you start criticizing us for keeping quiet.

You don't find it hypocritical at all do you? ;)

I always love Friday White House press releases... they always contain the really negative stuff that they hope won't survive, the much less tenacious, weekend news cycle...

Tom
04-13-2013, 06:45 PM
Do you think before you post this inane bullshit?

4% is the difference between a guy making $650,000.00 and a retiree...

15% was his cap on taxes and he paid 14% after giving millions away to charity... He is working again now, and I'll bet damn sure he out pays Obama.

Seriously... cut the crap...

Then what would he post? :D

Robert Goren
04-13-2013, 06:59 PM
What are you talking about? I just googled Romney's effective tax rate...it was 14%...Obama needs a new accountant... :lol: Where did you find Romney's tax return for 2012. The rate you quoted was for 2011 as best I can tell. I am not even sure Romney haqs filed for 2012 yet. He still has a few more days

JustRalph
04-13-2013, 07:01 PM

Goren, how about you post your effective Federal Tax rate. Above or Below Obama's ......... that's all. Unless you want to go with a %

johnhannibalsmith
04-13-2013, 07:25 PM
Why would Romney post a 2012 return anyway? If it's above Obama's, it'll be heckled as a political stunt by a non-politician failured nominee. If it is below, he'll be held up as the posterboy for a GOP that he no longer represents at all. Why would anyone care about Romney's rate at this point unless they've finally moved past George W. Bush as the root of all evil?

Robert Goren
04-13-2013, 07:30 PM
Goren, how about you post your effective Federal Tax rate. Above or Below Obama's ......... that's all. Unless you want to go with a %I am retired and living on SSD, So it is zero. I don't even have to file. Unlike some people, I don't have a problem posting it. Your turn!

JustRalph
04-13-2013, 07:39 PM
I am retired and living on SSD, So it is zero. I don't even have to file. Unlike some people, I don't have a problem posting it. Your turn!

still working on mine............

did have to cut a check to Maryland today though.........hopefully for the last time.

My point was about going public.

johnhannibalsmith
04-13-2013, 07:43 PM
... I don't even have to file. ...

No gambling winnings, eh? :D

elysiantraveller
04-13-2013, 07:45 PM
I am retired and living on SSD, So it is zero. I don't even have to file. Unlike some people, I don't have a problem posting it. Your turn!

Don't weasel out of a answer here...

You have a guy who is still working making $650,000.00 a year paying 18% but have a HUGE problem with a retiree paying 14%?

Don't twist this... just say yes...

Robert Goren
04-13-2013, 07:51 PM
No gambling winnings, eh? :D A little, but enough to matter. Remember for half of 2012, I barely had access to this site let a site to bet on. I am basically a $2 win bettor who plays about 20 races week. It is pretty hard for me to make a enough to report. If bet much more than $2, the stress effects my Crohns.

Robert Goren
04-13-2013, 07:52 PM
Don't weasel out of a answer here...

You have a guy who is still working making $650,000.00 a year paying 18% but have a HUGE problem with a retiree paying 14%?

Don't twist this... just say yes... What retiree?

Robert Goren
04-13-2013, 08:13 PM
If you mean investment income, it should be taxed the same way as earned income.

elysiantraveller
04-13-2013, 08:57 PM
What retiree?...

Romney.

If you mean investment income, it should be taxed the same way as earned income.

Tell that to every person with a nest-egg they plan on living on... you are beginning to suck worse than my Dyson...

Robert Goren
04-13-2013, 10:23 PM
Romney.

Tell that to every person with a nest-egg they plan on living on... you are beginning to suck worse than my Dyson...Since when is Romney a retiree? Running for political office is not be retired in book. You are one strange person if you do. As for telling the retiree about taxes on the income from his investments, I just did. What makes them better than a worker trying to raise kids on his wages?

johnhannibalsmith
04-13-2013, 11:31 PM
I enjoy reading Big Joe's the most. :lol:

$18,000 in income from renting his cottage to the Secret Service...

A total of $7190 in charitable contributions, $2000 of which is exercise equipment and pots and pans donated to Goodwill... :D

And it takes practically as many PDF pages to document this gibberish as it takes to print the 1040 instructions... Our tax code is a complete and utter joke... I think it's comical that it takes extreme origami skills for me to cram all my crap into an envelope to report $10k in income, three schedules, two forms, a frigging form just to fill out to tell them that yes, you are sending money, all of which try to ruin my computer if I dare to attempt to print one of these hi-tech IRS forms... and then I look at all the shit these career G-men have to put up to run their own little scams... too funny.

http://www.whitehouse.gov/sites/default/files/docs/2012-biden-complete-return.pdf

JustRalph
04-13-2013, 11:32 PM
Since when is Romney a retiree? Running for political office is not be retired in book. You are one strange person if you do. As for telling the retiree about taxes on the income from his investments, I just did. What makes them better than a worker trying to raise kids on his wages?

You guys always seem to forget that the money has already been taxed once. Sometimes more :bang:

Steve 'StatMan'
04-14-2013, 12:09 AM
Plus working a job they have to pay you, but investments don't always make money, and can sometimes be a partial or even total loss.

Valuist
04-14-2013, 08:43 AM

How do you figure? Its already been taxed before.

Tom
04-14-2013, 09:30 AM
He doesn't figure. He just whines.

Robert Goren
04-14-2013, 11:42 AM
You guys always seem to forget that the money has already been taxed once. Sometimes more :bang:No, it has not. The principal was taxed onced. The "interest or whatever " has not been taxed. Nobody is advocating taxing the principal again, only the money earn from investing it.

elysiantraveller
04-14-2013, 12:06 PM
No, it has not. The principal was taxed onced. The "interest or whatever " has not been taxed. Nobody is advocating taxing the principal again, only the money earn from investing it.

Huh?...

Ocala Mike
04-14-2013, 01:57 PM
What is difficult to understand about Robert's post? Your income is taxed once. What you do with it from that point on can and does generate subsequent taxable events.

When you buy an item in your state, do you refuse to pay sales tax on it because the money you bought it with has already been taxed?

Try telling the mutuel clerk that you're not going to fill out a tax form on a big hit because the money you gambled with has already been taxed.

Valuist
04-14-2013, 02:39 PM

This is typical of the left. As long as I don't have to pay, tax the hell out of everyone else.

Robert Goren
04-14-2013, 05:37 PM
This is typical of the left. As long as I don't have to pay, tax the hell out of everyone else.I have paid plenty of taxes in my day. I just don't now. I spent 40 years working and paying taxes. Just because someone isn't doing it you assume they never did it. One thing more, I probably paid higher taxes rates most of time than you do now. Tax rates today are a lot lower now than they were in 60s, 70s 80s and 90s. Typical right wing nut thinking on your part. The biggest tax rate increase for me was under Reagan when he changed the way they were figured it for single taxpayers. Not a peep from the right wing nuts back then. Was that because he was republican? You seem only to bitch when a democrat is in? I know you will flail away at me. Go ahead. Give it yor best shot. But I speak the truth and the truth is all I need to deal with the likes of you because Heaven knows I had deal with plenty of ignorant fools in my working days. I haven't forgot how just because I don't work anymore.

Saratoga_Mike
04-14-2013, 05:50 PM
I have paid plenty of taxes in my day. I just don't now. I spent 40 years working and paying taxes. Just because someone isn't doing it you assume they never did it. One thing more, I probably paid higher taxes rates most of time than you do now. Tax rates today are a lot lower now than they were in 60s, 70s 80s and 90s. Typical right wing nut thinking on your part. The biggest tax rate increase for me was under Reagan when he changed the way they were figured it for single taxpayers. Not a peep from the right wing nuts back then. Was that because he was republican? You seem only to bitch when a democrat is in? I know you will flail away at me. Go ahead. Give it yor best shot. But I speak the truth and the truth is all I need to deal with the likes of you because Heaven knows I had deal with plenty of ignorant fools in my working days. I haven't forgot how just because I don't work anymore.

But isn't SSD supported by the FICA tax (6.2% for Social Sec and 1.45% for Medicare, plus the employer match)? When exactly was that rate higher? Putting aside the recent payroll tax holiday nonsense, of course.

mostpost
04-14-2013, 05:52 PM
Plus working a job they have to pay you, but investments don't always make money, and can sometimes be a partial or even total loss.
And if they don't make money you don't pay taxes. Am I wrong that you can deduct your losses from your gains over a certain period?

Do not expect any sympathy from me that you don't get paid for making investments. It's what you chose to do. In any case, who do you expect to pay you? Who benefits?

mostpost
04-14-2013, 06:04 PM
Can someone from the right explain to me the convoluted reasoning by you which you think the profit on an investment has already been taxed.
This should be good.

Saratoga_Mike
04-14-2013, 06:10 PM
Can someone from the right explain to me the convoluted reasoning by you which you think the profit on an investment has already been taxed.
This should be good.

Yes, if it's a c-corp, the income was taxed at the corporate level. If the c-corp then pays a dividend, the shareholder pays taxes AGAIN on that income.* You may be fine with that, but there's nothing convoluted about the claim.

*assuming it isn't a return of capital, which is rare

Robert Goren
04-14-2013, 06:18 PM
Yes, if it's a c-corp, the income was taxed at the corporate level. If the c-corp then pays a dividend, the shareholder pays taxes AGAIN on that income.* You may be fine with that, but there's nothing convoluted about the claim.

*assuming it isn't a return of capital, which is rare But if you are in Bonds , it isn't taxed.

Saratoga_Mike
04-14-2013, 06:22 PM
But if you are in Bonds , it isn't taxed.

Only muni's.

Capital gains and interest income on corp bonds is fully taxable.

Tom
04-14-2013, 06:26 PM
I have paid plenty of taxes in my day.

My contention is that you you did pay enough.
I just feel, given the current economy, you should have paid more.

Isn't that exactly what you guys say? Just your gut feeling, no specifics?
cough up bobby, you chinch! :D

Robert Goren
04-14-2013, 06:34 PM
But isn't SSD supported by the FICA tax (6.2% for Social Sec and 1.45% for Medicare, plus the employer match)? When exactly was that rate higher? Putting aside the recent payroll tax holiday nonsense, of course.As a single person, I always paid federal income tax in addition to the FICA tax. I don't think there was ever a year I didn't pay Federal Income Tax until I went on SSD. If you were single and have no kids, you paid through the nose. It was too bad until Reagan decided that single people should pay a lot more than couples with kids. For the record, for reasons unknown, at least to me, investment income doesn't pay FICA. Daytraders and the wallstreet traders get out of paying FICA. How is that right? They work a job just as much as self employed person running a small business.

Saratoga_Mike
04-14-2013, 06:40 PM
As a single person, I always paid federal income tax in addition to the FICA tax. I don't think there was ever a year I didn't pay Federal Income Tax until I went on SSD. If you were single and have no kids, you paid through the nose. It was too bad until Reagan decided that single people should pay a lot more than couples with kids. For the record, for reasons unknown, at least to me, 1) investment income doesn't pay FICA. Daytraders and the wallstreet traders get out of paying FICA. How is that right? They work a job just as much as self employed person running a small business.

1) That changed starting on 1/1/13. Under ObamaCare, a 3.8% Medicare levy will be imposed on investment income if your AGI is above certain thresholds.

Robert Goren
04-14-2013, 07:04 PM
1) That changed starting on 1/1/13. Under ObamaCare, a 3.8% Medicare levy will be imposed on investment income if your AGI is above certain thresholds.Good.

Saratoga_Mike
04-14-2013, 07:04 PM
Good.

Bad.

Robert Goren
04-14-2013, 07:07 PM
Bad. You better believe when they get to be 65 they will go on Medicare.

Saratoga_Mike
04-14-2013, 07:09 PM
You better believe when they get to be 65 they will go on Medicare.

I believe in means-testing for Social Security and Medicare, not raising taxes.

Ocala Mike
04-14-2013, 07:34 PM
Yes, if it's a c-corp, the income was taxed at the corporate level. If the c-corp then pays a dividend, the shareholder pays taxes AGAIN on that income.

The c-corp is a distinct person (Citizens United), and the shareholder is a separate distinct person. The double taxation argument seems not to apply in the case of two different individuals (or do you want to interpret Citizens United another way?).

PaceAdvantage
04-14-2013, 08:55 PM
I have paid plenty of taxes in my day. I just don't now. I spent 40 years working and paying taxes. Just because someone isn't doing it you assume they never did it. One thing more, I probably paid higher taxes rates most of time than you do now. Tax rates today are a lot lower now than they were in 60s, 70s 80s and 90s. Typical right wing nut thinking on your part. The biggest tax rate increase for me was under Reagan when he changed the way they were figured it for single taxpayers. Not a peep from the right wing nuts back then. Was that because he was republican? You seem only to bitch when a democrat is in? I know you will flail away at me. Go ahead. Give it yor best shot. But I speak the truth and the truth is all I need to deal with the likes of you because Heaven knows I had deal with plenty of ignorant fools in my working days. I haven't forgot how just because I don't work anymore.Love the name calling...

The truth... :lol:

Robert Goren
04-14-2013, 09:50 PM
I believe in means-testing for Social Security and Medicare, not raising taxes.What happens when you run out money if you are not the SS and medicare systems? I think you have no idea what medical costs are these days in the US. Since 2000 they have gone through the roof. Theories are nice until you get sick and you go through your savings in no time flat. I went through over a quarter of a million dollars in 30 days in 2006 when my private insurance company refused to pay.

newtothegame
04-14-2013, 10:03 PM
I have paid plenty of taxes in my day. I just don't now. I spent 40 years working and paying taxes. Just because someone isn't doing it you assume they never did it. One thing more, I probably paid higher taxes rates most of time than you do now. Tax rates today are a lot lower now than they were in 60s, 70s 80s and 90s. Typical right wing nut thinking on your part. The biggest tax rate increase for me was under Reagan when he changed the way they were figured it for single taxpayers. Not a peep from the right wing nuts back then. Was that because he was republican? You seem only to bitch when a democrat is in? I know you will flail away at me. Go ahead. Give it yor best shot. But I speak the truth and the truth is all I need to deal with the likes of you because Heaven knows I had deal with plenty of ignorant fools in my working days. I haven't forgot how just because I don't work anymore.

Must be tough dealing with yourself day in and day out...but, back to topic on hand....
So, in the 60's, 70's, 80's you always paid MORE then what you were required to right? I mean after all, it sounds like you did pretty well (if you were about to pay 1/4 million in thirty days you had saved).

I mean, youre advocating people pay their "fair share"...sounds like you didn't pay your fair share!

And if your response is that you paid what was required by law, your a pathetic person. I mean how can you ask for others to pay more then what is required by law and you didn't???

Hell, Obama is now paying less percentage wise then you did. Have you not sent him a letter telling him what a butt head he is???

No, but you will blast Romney for not showing his....right?? lmao

Romney's last year returns showed donations which probably equaled to more then the entire WH staff's income tax......yet you ridicule the guy! Yeah I can see why......:lol:

Robert Goren
04-14-2013, 11:09 PM
[QUOTE=Robert Goren]

Must be tough dealing with yourself day in and day out...but, back to topic on hand....
So, in the 60's, 70's, 80's you always paid MORE then what you were required to right? I mean after all, it sounds like you did pretty well (if you were about to pay 1/4 million in thirty days you had saved).

I mean, youre advocating people pay their "fair share"...sounds like you didn't pay your fair share!

And if your response is that you paid what was required by law, your a pathetic person. I mean how can you ask for others to pay more then what is required by law and you didn't???

Hell, Obama is now paying less percentage wise then you did. Have you not sent him a letter telling him what a butt head he is???

No, but you will blast Romney for not showing his....right?? lmao

Romney's last year returns showed donations which probably equaled to more then the entire WH staff's income tax......yet you ridicule the guy! Yeah I can see why......:lol:I had a every good match for 401K, I put in the max and I made some very lucky decisions with some investments in it. I paid all the taxes due when I withdrew my money. I got in and out of the internet bubble at just right time. A couple of companies I sold at near their high went out business with in two years. I was lucky enough to be able to pick where I want money to go. I know that is not true of all 401Ks. Nothing beats dumb luck when investing. I guess there is sort wierd poetic justice that I lost it all paying off medical bills that my insurance should have paid.
Where did you get Romney's tax returns for 2012? or did you make that stuff up? Are you his CPA or something?

NJ Stinks
04-14-2013, 11:53 PM
While the LEFT bitches and moans about the rich NOT paying their fair share, not one peep about Obama, getting his effective tax rate below 19%.

Romney paid 14% on $20.9M in adjusted gross income in 2011. Obama paid 18.4% on $608,000 in adjusted gross income in 2012.

What exactly are we supposed to be bitching about? If anything, Obama deserves a medal.

Links:

http://www.reuters.com/article/2013/04/13/us-obama-taxes-idUSBRE93B0Y420130413

http://www.boston.com/news/politics/2012/president/candidates/romney/romney_tax_return_1040_2011/

badcompany
04-15-2013, 12:07 AM
What I wanna know is why Pinko Libs get so worked up about the $20 billion a year in profits made by Walmart through peaceful exchange; yet, they believe the over two trillion a year confiscated by the Federal Government isn't enough.

I, actually, know why. I'm just pointing out the hypocrisy.

LottaKash
04-15-2013, 02:02 AM
[QUOTE=NJ Stinks] If anything, Obama deserves a medal.

Better yet, how about another "NOBEL PRIZE"...?....:jump: :jump: :jump:

TJDave
04-15-2013, 02:33 AM
they believe the over two trillion a year confiscated by the Federal Government isn't enough.

Why confiscated? We authorized congress the ability to tax.

badcompany
04-15-2013, 08:38 AM
Why confiscated? We authorized congress the ability to tax.

"We"? How old are you? :lol:

Ocala Mike
04-15-2013, 09:09 AM
"Taxes are the price we pay for a civilized society." -- Justice Oliver Wendell Holmes, Jr (1904).

I think Will Rogers said something to the effect that they're also resposible for making liars out of more Americans than golf.

Saratoga_Mike
04-15-2013, 10:46 AM
What happens when you run out money if you are not the SS and medicare systems? I think you have no idea what medical costs are these days in the US. Since 2000 they have gone through the roof. Theories are nice until you get sick and you go through your savings in no time flat. I went through over a quarter of a million dollars in 30 days in 2006 when my private insurance company refused to pay.

You either reduce benefits or raise taxes. I've suggested reducing benefits to the wealthy (i.e., means-testing).

Saratoga_Mike
04-15-2013, 10:51 AM
The c-corp is a distinct person (Citizens United), and the shareholder is a separate distinct person. The double taxation argument seems not to apply in the case of two different individuals (or do you want to interpret Citizens United another way?).

The shareholder holds an equity interest in the c-corp. As a result, when the c-corp is taxed at the corporate level, the shareholder is by extension paying taxes on the income of the c-corp. When a dividend is paid, that same income is once again taxed. Ergo, the INCOME is taxed twice. Whether one agrees with the Citizens United decision or not, the INCOME is taxed twice.

badcompany
04-15-2013, 11:54 AM
"Taxes are the price we pay for a civilized society." -- Justice Oliver Wendell Holmes, Jr (1904).

I think Will Rogers said something to the effect that they're also resposible for making liars out of more Americans than golf.

Well, if you believe Taxes are a price, you should be for keeping taxes to a bare minimum, as the higher the price of of labor and investment means you get less of it.

badcompany
04-15-2013, 11:55 AM
The shareholder holds an equity interest in the c-corp. As a result, when the c-corp is taxed at the corporate level, the shareholder is by extension paying taxes on the income of the c-corp. When a dividend is paid, that same income is once again taxed. Ergo, the INCOME is taxed twice. Whether one agrees with the Citizens United decision or not, the INCOME is taxed twice.

Good post.

Liberals are so blasé about taxing everything that moves or doesn't, but they never give any thought to where those taxes go:

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/politics/gov-cuomo-unveils-tough-anti-corruption-reforms-article-1.1312338

Gov. Cuomo unveils tough reforms to curb corruption in Albany

The initiative would require associates and colleagues to snitch on corrupt officials or face criminal charges. Corrupt public servants would also be unable to work in government, lobby or do any business with the state.

In announcing the arrests, U.S. Attorney Preet Bharara criticized the “deafening silence” from legislators at the Capitol who “saw something and said nothing.”

Robert Goren
04-15-2013, 12:40 PM
You either reduce benefits or raise taxes. I've suggested reducing benefits to the wealthy (i.e., means-testing).There are plenty of benifits to the wealthy that could be reduce, no doubt about that. The political reality is that it isn't going to happen. The rich have money to make sure it doesn't happen. When was the last time a program that was designed to help the rich was cut? I can't think of one time.

Saratoga_Mike
04-15-2013, 01:04 PM
There are plenty of benifits to the wealthy that could be reduce, no doubt about that. The political reality is that it isn't going to happen. The rich have money to make sure it doesn't happen. When was the last time a program that was designed to help the rich was cut? I can't think of one time.

Yeah and they don't pay any taxes, and none of them earned their money.

And for your information, Democrats, not Reps, having always blocked means-testing of SS and Medicare in the past. Ted Kennedy vehemently opposed means-testing for the two programs.

Robert Goren
04-15-2013, 03:23 PM
Yeah and they don't pay any taxes, and none of them earned their money.

And for your information, Democrats, not Reps, having always blocked means-testing of SS and Medicare in the past. Ted Kennedy vehemently opposed means-testing for the two programs.Well Teddy was rich, wasn't he? Being rich takes presence over political parties. All has and always will. You be around long enough to know that.

Saratoga_Mike
04-15-2013, 03:27 PM
Well Teddy was rich, wasn't he? Being rich takes presence over political parties. All has and always will. You be around long enough to know that.

Let me explain to you why he (and other Dems) oppose(d) means-testing SS and Medicare - they believe if the programs become means-tested, they will start to be viewed as welfare programs and lose political support. Got it? Good.

TJDave
04-15-2013, 04:38 PM
Let me explain to you why he (and other Dems) oppose(d) means-testing SS and Medicare - they believe if the programs become means-tested, they will start to be viewed as welfare programs and lose political support. Got it? Good.

If you means-test it becomes a challenge to get everyone to pay up. ;)

NJ Stinks
04-15-2013, 11:29 PM

If Republicans were not bound and determined to do get rid of SS and Medicare, Dems would not give a shit about these programs looking like welfare programs.

newtothegame
04-16-2013, 05:41 AM
[QUOTE=newtothegame]I had a every good match for 401K, I put in the max and I made some very lucky decisions with some investments in it. I paid all the taxes due when I withdrew my money. I got in and out of the internet bubble at just right time. A couple of companies I sold at near their high went out business with in two years. I was lucky enough to be able to pick where I want money to go. I know that is not true of all 401Ks. Nothing beats dumb luck when investing. I guess there is sort wierd poetic justice that I lost it all paying off medical bills that my insurance should have paid.
Where did you get Romney's tax returns for 2012? or did you make that stuff up? Are you his CPA or something?So, in YOUR own words, you paid what was due....yet now you dont think that which is due is enough?? But, it wqas enough when you paid what was required by law??
Joke!!

As to Romneys tax returns, last year is in reference to his last tax return (not yet reported ).....
So, where's te problem with his 2011 taxes?? please enlighten us!

newtothegame
04-16-2013, 05:42 AM
Romney paid 14% on $20.9M in adjusted gross income in 2011. Obama paid 18.4% on $608,000 in adjusted gross income in 2012.

What exactly are we supposed to be bitching about? If anything, Obama deserves a medal.

Links:

http://www.reuters.com/article/2013/04/13/us-obama-taxes-idUSBRE93B0Y420130413

http://www.boston.com/news/politics/2012/president/candidates/romney/romney_tax_return_1040_2011/
So, NJ...18.9% is the magic number you are ok with...?? I mean if Obama should be awarded a medal, that's got to be a good thing right?

Robert Goren
04-16-2013, 01:03 PM
[QUOTE=Robert Goren]So, in YOUR own words, you paid what was due....yet now you dont think that which is due is enough?? But, it wqas enough when you paid what was required by law??
Joke!!

As to Romneys tax returns, last year is in reference to his last tax return (not yet reported ).....
So, where's te problem with his 2011 taxes?? please enlighten us! What the difference? What taxman didn't get, the doctors and hospital did. I was left flat broke and then some! Enough already!

Tom
04-16-2013, 01:22 PM
[QUOTE=newtothegame] What the difference? What taxman didn't get, the doctors and hospital did. I was left flat broke and then some! Enough already!

No, not enough.
Why is YOUR tax bill enough, but other people's are not?
Especially people that paid FAR more than you ever did.
And, for the record, you throw in mitigating circumstances for yourself, but you have not clue what other people, again who pay far more than you, are paying out.

Seems pretty selfish.

newtothegame
04-16-2013, 06:23 PM
[QUOTE=Robert Goren]

No, not enough.
Why is YOUR tax bill enough, but other people's are not?
Especially people that paid FAR more than you ever did.
And, for the record, you throw in mitigating circumstances for yourself, but you have not clue what other people, again who pay far more than you, are paying out.

Seems pretty selfish.

You see Tom, this is where goren and the likes of him have problems......
He openly admits that his was 'enough". He even goes on with the whoa is me story line about being left broke etc etc. Guess Life ONLY dealt Goren problems and no one else :bang:

Nice to see he finally admits that as long as its someone else, who cares.....:lol: