PDA

View Full Version : Synergism VI Bomb

JimG
11-11-2001, 08:19 PM
I have been using Synergism VI for about a month and although I did not play the races today, I wanted to let you know of a nice hit the software had. The Handicap 1 screen lists 5 horses in the order of preference.

In the 6th race at Churchill today, the program handicapped 8-5-3-2-1 and the race ran 8-5-2-1

The superfecta paid 9380.20 I am not affiliated with Bob Purdy and he did not ask me to post this but I thought some would find it interesting.

JimG

hdcper
11-17-2001, 12:26 AM
Jim G,

Hope you don't mind if I ask you a question. Have noticed posts under Jim G here, over at HTR and on HSH. Was wondering if you are one in the same and if so do you use all three software programs each month?

The reason I am asking is that all three programs use HDW data, but because of formating you would need to download all three program data files individually(quite an expense for most handicappers). In closing, if you are using all three, which do you feel is the most beneficial?

Thanks,

Hdcper

JimG
11-17-2001, 07:33 AM
I'm not using HTR....I'm only posting on the board for fun in the daily handicapping contest. I did get Synergism which came with 2 free months of downloads and I do use HSH...which I have alternated between using HDW and downloading from ITS.

Both Synergism and HSH are excellent programs in my opinion. Synergism uses TPR's which I like to incorporate in my handicapping. HSH is still a huge jigsaw puzzle I am trying to put together. I use pieces of HSH in my hadicapping but probably do not take full advantage of it as I like to print reports to take with me to the OTB. As you know, HSH is really modeled for the at-home player as it incorporates real-time odds into many of its calculations.

Not sure which one if either I will use long term. Believe it or not, I still use PlusV from Bris for Turf racing. I have a setup for 5 years on Turf that has been very profitable and I have no intention of leaving it.

I would say Synergism is one of the two great pace programs out there (HTR being the other) and HSH is more encompassing in factors. However none of these programs rates 1st time starters which is bothersome to me. Capsheet is the only program I have found that can do that with some success.

Sorry for the long winded response. Racing is essentially my only hobby and while trying software is expensive, I also find it fun, and with some good use, profitable.

JimG

Lefty
11-18-2001, 12:10 PM
And that's what I don't like about HDW. If you have 3
prgms that use HDW you have to pay 3 times.
TSN and Bris you can load their files into several prgms
at just one cost.

Dave Schwartz
11-18-2001, 01:34 PM
Lefty,

While I certainly understand your position, understand that BRIS is one vendor. When you get files from HDW you are really dealing with (and supporting) the vendors that wrote the software.

Regards,
Dave Schwartz

David-LV
12-14-2009, 04:59 AM
Are there any handicappers still using Synergism VI ?

What are your opinions on the success and learning curve of this software ?

Thank You,