PDA

View Full Version : Raised over $10,000 so far on my drinking a beer in all 351 towns in Ma fundraiser.

Zippy Chippy
04-12-2013, 09:20 PM
Hey guys. I made a thread before I started my quest to drink a beer in all 351 towns in Massachusetts. Back then it was just an idea, but since then it has snowballed and taken on a mind of its own. I have raised a little over $10,000 so far through 127 towns (only 224 to go!). Once it hit NBC, NECN, MSN and the Boston Globe I now have places contacting me asking me to come to their town. It's given me a new outlook on life that there is actually good people out there. I have been to very poor towns like Orange, and Athol Ma and they've donated $1164, and $517. When I go to places they usually do raffles then at the end of the night I have the owner of the bar write me a check directly to Dana Farber. People do have big hearts and willing to help. I've met hundreds of people along the way who have cancer, or have loved ones suffering, or have died from cancer. The feedback I have received is so positive. I met a couple of PA members on my quest at towns 10, and 38. If you'd like to follow along my website is www.351samadams.com and my FB is Mass Beertour. On my website you can click on any town I've been to and I have a picture of my sign and location with a little writeup about each town. Massachusetts is such an awesome state and I've learned so much along the way. Drew Bledsoe even contacted me and made a donation. I've attached a couple articles

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HVYcqhT18Dk

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3tSIvI7celA

http://guyism.com/lifestyle/alcohol/massachusetts-man-drinks-351-beers-for-charity.html

PaceAdvantage
04-12-2013, 09:30 PM
Color me impressed! You are a good egg, and it makes me happy to see you're getting such a positive response to your worthy cause!

johnhannibalsmith
04-12-2013, 09:37 PM
No doubt. You really would be hard pressed to find a better area to undertake this venture and I give you three thumbs up for choosing one of the area's best charities to help. :ThmbUp: :ThmbUp: :ThmbUp: :ThmbUp:

Okay four.

Zippy Chippy
04-13-2013, 01:29 PM
Thanks! Just got a call from someone who lives in a town called mount Washington. There's only 90 people that live there and its dry. They are inviting me to have a beer on their porch. Also had a nudist colony contact me to have a beer in their town. People are coming up with great ideas!

Vengeance of Rain
04-13-2013, 07:47 PM
Very impressed...

Good for you!

cj's dad
04-13-2013, 10:17 PM
So, Zippy, you gave up the gambling and moved on ? Good for you

mostpost
04-14-2013, 02:12 AM
Thanks! Just got a call from someone who lives in a town called mount Washington. There's only 90 people that live there and its dry. They are inviting me to have a beer on their porch. Also had a nudist colony contact me to have a beer in their town. People are coming up with great ideas!
For God's sake, get pictures man!!!

mostpost
04-14-2013, 02:17 AM
In case some of you did not notice. Zippy Chippy's website www.351samadams.com has a button where we can donate.
Let's help make this worthwhile quest a rousing success. We can't drink those beers for him so we have to help in another way. ;) ;)

Zippy Chippy
04-14-2013, 08:14 AM
In case some of you did not notice. Zippy Chippy's website www.351samadams.com has a button where we can donate.
Let's help make this worthwhile quest a rousing success. We can't drink those beers for him so we have to help in another way. ;) ;)

Thanks! Oh I used to spend my spare time by going to the horses. Now this is all I do. Meeting great people everyday. Cancer patients sharing their stories with me. Its so rewarding I can't explain. Every Monday when I send the checks in to Dana Farber it makes me feel great. Last night I went to greenfield ma and they had raffles. At the end of the night the owner gave me the check to Dana Farber for $745. Approaching $11,000.

Zippy Chippy
04-14-2013, 10:13 AM

Hey if that was you that donated thank you. If you need a receipt from Dana Farber for your taxes PM me your info.

mostpost
04-14-2013, 01:42 PM
Hey if that was you that donated thank you. If you need a receipt from Dana Farber for your taxes PM me your info.
You are welcome.

Ocala Mike
04-14-2013, 02:00 PM
Zippy, make sure you hit Great Barrington and check out the Guthrie Center. Arlo loves anything involving beer.

Zippy Chippy
04-14-2013, 03:28 PM
Zippy, make sure you hit Great Barrington and check out the Guthrie Center. Arlo loves anything involving beer.

Great Barrington going to Searles Castle . Check it out. I'll go see arlo too. Excited for berkshires

TJDave
04-14-2013, 10:28 PM
I guess now would not be good time to point out that alcohol is a known carcinogen. :rolleyes:

Mailman
04-15-2013, 01:34 AM
Zip
I saw you on the local news (prov.), posted it on the original thread. I see your going to be close bye in Seekonk In May, you got any idea what time your going to be there? Id like to say hello, with a little donation.
Mailman\
P.s. Was the Coachman one of your stops? Im going there next week.

Mailman
04-15-2013, 02:10 AM
Zip
Just went thru your list of where you have been. Glad you have been to neighborhood places, real people. Was going to suggest Plainridge , at the track, opening day there for live racing Monday. But Chiefton was a good choice, nice spot.

Zippy Chippy
04-15-2013, 08:15 AM
Zip
I saw you on the local news (prov.), posted it on the original thread. I see your going to be close bye in Seekonk In May, you got any idea what time your going to be there? Id like to say hello, with a little donation.
Mailman\
P.s. Was the Coachman one of your stops? Im going there next week.

I didn't go to the coachmans. I went to Outback lol stop #17.

I will be at The Boneyard BBq in seekonk may 31st at 8pm. Before my stop I will be at Kent's in Swansea at 6. This is literally a full time job. Its so crazy. Seems like everywhere I go people have seen my story. The other night my wife said "can we have a non beer tour night?" So we went out to eat and we sat down at a town I've already been to and the bartender looked at me and yelled "HEs HERE!!" To all her coworkers. I'm really getting a kick out of it. I'm meeting some jimmy fund patients April 26th at a restaurant in Lunenburg

Zippy Chippy
05-01-2013, 05:07 PM
Video of my 1st 150. Can't view on mobile

First 150
http://youtu.be/JbOZwcuYRK8
Please share with all your friends!!

Zippy Chippy
06-03-2013, 06:07 AM
Zip
Just went thru your list of where you have been. Glad you have been to neighborhood places, real people. Was going to suggest Plainridge , at the track, opening day there for live racing Monday. But Chiefton was a good choice, nice spot.

Thanks to Mailman for showing up and donating at town #213/Seekonk. Up to $23000. Nice guy if you haven't met him

351samadams.com

Mailman
06-03-2013, 02:27 PM
Zip
Nice meeting you. Good luck on the rest of your Tour!

Mailman