PDA

View Full Version : Proliferation of WMD's

Secretariat
02-15-2004, 12:31 PM
In lieu of Bush's rhetoric about stopping rouge nations who attempt to proliferate WMD's, I wonder how GW is gonna handle this information. Might be bad for US Business if he actually did anything:

http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&cid=1802&ncid=1802&e=1&u=/washpost/20040215/ts_washpost/a42692_2004feb14

PaceAdvantage
02-15-2004, 01:24 PM
The real question is, what would John Kerry do in a situation like this? Maybe we should ask him.

Suff
02-15-2004, 01:33 PM
Originally posted by PaceAdvantage
The real question is, what would John Kerry do in a situation like this? Maybe we should ask him.

What ? You get A-Rod and your asking all the questions now?

It is a Question for Kerry..and he is A person who should be asked.. but the REAL question is for the REAL President. He's the one with the dumbtelligence.

PaceAdvantage
02-15-2004, 02:11 PM
We'll see what Bush is going to do, that's a given. What we may not find out is what Kerry would do. That's a valid question, given he wants to become President.

ljb
02-15-2004, 02:22 PM
PA said:
"We'll see what Bush is going to do, that's a given.
Scary ain't it!
Special note to PA:
This reply is not intended to inflame, it is my honest opinion. Thinking Bush will have to react to China's involvement in the Proliferation of WMDs, scares me.

Tom
02-15-2004, 02:32 PM
Well, if China wants to stick its nose into this terror thing, then "Mount UP!"
This is why I voted for Bush, and I have never, ever, trusted China a second in my life. As long they are a rouque nation, no one is safe. Hey, the murder thier own people in peaceful protests in Tienimin Square. Real nice folks.
Maybe Kerry could get Hanoi Jane to call up a few of her friends over there and gert some answers!
Besides, aren't there expiration dates on nukes? :D

Suff
02-15-2004, 03:13 PM
That's a valid question, given he wants to become President.

Want... The lowest of the reasons. He's being called to duty. His country needs him...and the sounds you hear are the people voting in huge numbers that they want John Kerry. He's running out of duty and obligation. Not power and ego.

bill
02-15-2004, 03:22 PM
old saying

china domt need anything but bamboo sticks to win a war (theres that many of them) :confused:

bill

Secretariat
02-15-2004, 03:24 PM
The bigger question (whether Kerry or Bush) is how does one balance national security WMD concerns with our labor dependency with China. Will the President cave in terms of his you're either with us or against rhetoric, and seriously address the acknowledged proliferation of WMD techolgies with nations such as Libya and Pakistan (and really who knows who else), OR will he cave to business interests because of Chinese labor dependency?

I think it is a querstion to ask of Kerry, however, Bush is there now, and the problem has been presented NOW, under his watch.

What will he do? My bet....nothing.

PaceAdvantage
02-15-2004, 03:27 PM
Originally posted by Suff
...and the sounds you hear are the people voting in huge numbers that they want John Kerry.

The best of a bad bunch, of course he's getting votes. He's a media creation, much like Bush was during the 2000 race.

Suff
02-15-2004, 03:39 PM
a bad bunch, .

now why you gotta bring up the Yankees in this thread..

btw.. wanna lay odds the Union blocks the deal mon or tues?

ljb
02-15-2004, 03:47 PM
Tom said:
"Hey, the murder thier own people in peaceful protests in Tienimin Square.
There was an incident during the viet nam war in ohio. Kent, a college protest of some sort. Do you recall the details?

Tom also said:
"Well, if China wants to stick its nose into this terror thing, then "Mount UP!""
PA does this count as extremist?

PaceAdvantage
02-15-2004, 04:21 PM
btw.. wanna lay odds the Union blocks the deal mon or tues?

yes

Suff
02-15-2004, 04:30 PM
yes

dkd you hit the pik4 again today? NO. so be quiet.

Tom
02-15-2004, 04:36 PM
Originally posted by ljb
Tom said:
"Hey, the murder thier own people in peaceful protests in Tienimin Square.
There was an incident during the viet nam war in ohio. Kent, a college protest of some sort. Do you recall the details?

Tom also said:
"Well, if China wants to stick its nose into this terror thing, then "Mount UP!""
PA does this count as extremist?

Now you see, you just cannot handle facts. The Kent state shooting was touched off by a few over-zealous gurdsman reacting to a threatening crowd. A few fired into the crowd, the whole thing stopped quickly. It was not a planned murder with tanks running over peaceful protesters.
Do you think China wouldnot repeat this if anyone protested there again?
Get real.
Extremeist? If China is providing WMD to terro nations, I say let the entire ardsenal of nukes loose on them and let the chips fall where they may.
You are either with us or against us.
Anyone.

ljb
02-15-2004, 04:48 PM
Tom,
I remember seeing photos of one man standing in front of a column of tanks.
I believe there are numerous countrys in this world that kill there own people during uprising. Should we invade them all ?
The list will probably consume your life and mine, something nice to leave our children don't you think?
In Kent state an Amercan citizen was shot and killed by an American National Guardsman.
If you are really advocating invasion of China, I am glad you don't have Bush's ear.

JustRalph
02-15-2004, 05:16 PM
Want... The lowest of the reasons. He's being called to duty. His country needs him...and the sounds you hear are the people voting in huge numbers that they want John Kerry. He's running out of duty and obligation. Not power and ego.

Suff.........you are one colorful individual. I love ya ......

but remember.......the only people voting out there are Democrats. These are Democratic primary races. The Repubs aren't even in the game yet. It is going to be interesting.......
I am sure Kerry would go to the U.N. for a permission slip. That is what scares me.

Suff
02-15-2004, 05:31 PM
Originally posted by JustRalph
Suff.........you are one colorful individual. I love ya ......

but remember.......the only people voting out there are Democrats. These are Democratic primary races. The Repubs aren't even in the game yet. It is going to be interesting.......
I am sure Kerry would go to the U.N. for a permission slip. That is what scares me.

a few of the primarys /caucus's have been open Primarys. Both sides in the ballot box. GWB on the ballot as the Rep Nominee. And a few more yet to come are open as well.

Tom
02-15-2004, 05:52 PM
Originally posted by ljb
Tom,
I remember seeing photos of one man standing in front of a column of tanks.
I believe there are numerous countrys in this world that kill there own people during uprising. Should we invade them all ?
>>>When they are selling WMD to rouge nations, YES!<<<
The list will probably consume your life and mine, something nice to leave our children don't you think? >>Conservatives raise their children differnetly than the crap they dish out in leberal public schools-they teach them to think, to work hard, not to complain, to accept responsibility. Conservative-rasied children will do nicely, thak you. Like Geo. W Bush is doing.<<<
In Kent state an Amercan citizen was shot and killed by an American National Guardsman. >>That's what I said<<<
If you are really advocating invasion of China, I am glad you don't have Bush's ear. >>>No, not an invasion. A nuclear attack as a last rsort. Never troops.<<<

Hope that makes your little corner of the board flow smoothly. :D

Tom
02-15-2004, 05:55 PM
Since W is not being challenged in his party yet, it would follow that there is no loud roar.
You will know a roar when you here the applause he gets at the after his nomination speech at the convention.
But that's just MHO.:D

PaceAdvantage
02-15-2004, 07:13 PM
dkd you hit the pik4 again today? NO. so be quiet.

Better check your stats again....

Secretariat
02-15-2004, 07:19 PM
Tom.

I at least admire your consistentency. Something we have not see from Bush on the "You're either with us or against us." He'll turn a blind eye to the China WMD's to Libya issue as it doesn't suit his business buddy interests.

I watched the ABC nightly news tonight and was shocked that Bush at Daytona 500 today was the "top" story over A-Rod, over the Moscow deaths, and over the WMD China-Libya connection. That's pretty scary. And yes, Lefty, that'd be pretty scary whether it was Clinton or Kerry, or any president.

ljb
02-15-2004, 09:20 PM
Tom Said:
" >>>No, not an invasion. A nuclear attack as a last rsort. Never troops.<<<
Again I'm glad you don't have Bush's ear.

PA,
Does calling for nuclear attacks qualify as extreme ?

Tom
02-15-2004, 09:37 PM
Originally posted by ljb
Tom Said:
" >>>No, not an invasion. A nuclear attack as a last rsort. Never troops.<<<
Again I'm glad you don't have Bush's ear.

PA,
Does calling for nuclear attacks qualify as extreme ?

Here's a quiz.
Name a time that an atomic bomb was dropped in war that the war didn't end within a week.
When it comes to war, atomic bombs are the best value there is.

ljb
02-15-2004, 09:41 PM
Tom,
If I remember correctly this happened only once. If I recall correctly only one country had the bomb at that time. No strike back means surrender.
You may want to think about this before you go slinging nukes around.

Pa, Maybe a little extreme ?

Tom
02-15-2004, 09:46 PM
Originally posted by ljb
Tom,
If I remember correctly this happened only once. If I recall correctly only one country had the bomb at that time. No strike back means surrender.

You have conjecture. I offer historical evidnece. Please stop worrying about the nukes and give lefty a staright answer.
I too, want to know what Kerry has to offer, other then he's not Bush. Neither is David Berkowitz, but are you supporting him, too?

Secretariat
02-15-2004, 10:00 PM
Originally posted by ljb
Tom,

No, it has happened twice. Hiroshima and Nagasaki. Each killed about 70,000 apiece (I don't know if you want to include fire bombing Tokyo which killed 80,000 poeple as well). That's about 220,000 people in a very small time. Has a way of getting people's attention.

One has to also rmember that the hydrogen bomb is about 100 times more powerful than the Fat Boy bomb which hit Nagasaki. So, let's see. MAth wasn't my forte, but I think a full scale nuclear invasion could be a cause for concern. Did I mention fallout?

PaceAdvantage
02-15-2004, 10:59 PM
Originally posted by ljb

Nah....the extreme I am thinking of has to do with Amazin predicting (or is it hoping?) for the assassination of a certain political figure....

At least with Tom, we know he's only half serious....with others, you can't be too sure...that's EXTREME!

ljb
02-16-2004, 10:39 AM
Pa,
Thanks for clearing that up. I did not see Amazin's note so can not respond to it.
Let me make sure I have this correct. Killing millions of people is not considered extreme, if we think the poster is only half serious?

Aside to Tom,
In the future please tell me which half of your notes are serious and which are not, so I know what half to respond to.
Thank you

ljb
02-16-2004, 10:47 AM
Tom,
Not sure if this is the serious half or not but, David Berkowitz would be a better choice then Bush. Do you like him? Maybe we could get Lefty to jump on the bandwagon too. We could form a coalition just the three of us, brothers supporting David Berkowitz for President. Talk this over with Lefty and let me know what you come up with. I'm ready to Roll!

PaceAdvantage
02-16-2004, 12:07 PM
What would happen if we all just posted we agree with ljb and Amazin 100% and that we will happily vote for John Kerry in November?

I'll start:

You guys WIN. You've CONVINCED me! Bush is wrong, and has to GO!

I'm voting for Kerry in '04!!!

ljb
02-16-2004, 12:31 PM
PA,
Now you're taking all the fun out of it. You may want to join the draft Lefty movement on another thread.

bill
02-16-2004, 12:33 PM
thats the most intelligent post youve made

if your joking " thats a lame joke"

Secretariat
02-16-2004, 03:16 PM
ditto

Tom
02-16-2004, 06:07 PM

At least with Tom, we know he's only half serious....with others, you can't be too sure...that's EXTREME!

Yeah, that's it...only half serious. Heh, heh, heh. :eek:

Tom
02-16-2004, 06:11 PM
I agree with PA...Ljb andAmazin are right, I am wrong.
I will not only vote for Kerry, I will hand around pooling places and threaten to berat up people who try to vote for Bush.
I will rent all of Jane Fonda's videos and watch them whiles I make Kerry's the One posters.
I will send letter to everyone I know and encourage them to vote for Kerry.
Boy, how could I have been so wrong?
Kerry, he's my man.
So now that we are all on the same page, cotinuing this discussion see,s pointless, like Bush's economic plan.
So let's move on to new topics.
:p

Secretariat
02-16-2004, 08:12 PM
It is amazing how easily we all get off the initial thread. I started this one and looking at the end had nothing to do with the beginning. I've done it too, and I pledge to try to stick to the thread topic from now on. (if Lefty does)

PaceAdvantage
02-17-2004, 08:27 PM
That's the spirit Tom!! We can use all the young energetic apes we can get on the KERRY TEAM!!!

Welcome aboard buddy!

G O
K E R R Y ! ! !

Tom
02-17-2004, 09:07 PM
I am now a liberal democrate.
ABBB.
Thank God for John Kerry.
He and Jane Fonda will restore this country to the way things were in, say....1970?
Beside, Kerry has a face that looks like it was chisled out of Mt Rushmore.
My ole granpappy use to tell me, the longer the face, the longer the............chin!

:eek:

DNC forever!!!!!

Secretariat
02-17-2004, 09:46 PM
Bill O'Reilly finally apologized for helping to mislead the nation into war. On March 18, 2003, O'Reilly told ABC's Good Morning America:

"If the Americans go in and overthrow Saddam Hussein and it's clean, he has [no WMD], I will apologize to the nation, and I will not trust the Bush administration again, all right?"

On February 10, 2004, O'Reilly returned to Good Morning America proved himself to be a man of his word. He said "Well, my analysis was wrong and I'm sorry. And I'm not pleased about it." And then he continued, "I was wrong. I'm not pleased about it at all. And I think all Americans should be concerned about this... I am much more skeptical of the Bush administration now."

That damn liberal Bill O'Reilly.

Tom
02-17-2004, 10:07 PM
Move over guys, we are all coming over to your side.
In fact, when all get here, YOU will be to the right of us all.
I was able to persuade Bill that Kerry is the man. He is now on board. In fact, he suggested that Kerry's Chief of Staff should be Johnny Cohcrun. His unique ablity to confuse and distort facts are just what the Kerry White House needs to re-instill the confidence in governement not enjoyed since the Nixon years.
Hmmmmm, is John Dean still around?
It is coming soon.....the Kerry years.;)

ljb
02-17-2004, 10:39 PM
Tom,
I hate to upset you but your conversion is too late. I have already started a campaign for the republican nomination. I have submitted my platform on some other thread. I am sure you read it. It contains all the republican benefits plus I have a secret benefit I will be announcing soon. Please reconsider voting for one of them darn commie-pinko liberals and move to my team. You'll be glad you did, there will be something in it for you. One of the things I am considering adding to my platform is elimination of that unfair tax on horseplayers. They call it take or vig or something of that matter.
Think about it Tom.