PDA

View Full Version : Anyone ever have gall bladder attacks? seems terrible

Zippy Chippy
04-12-2013, 01:27 PM
My wife and I are 13 weeks pregnant. She has a very high pain tolerance. We have been at the ER the last 2 nights. I don't think I've seen a person in more agony in my life. There are gall stones wedged. they know the gall bladder needs to come out but they are worried because she is pregnant. usually they like to wait into the middle of the second trimester.they just said they may wait til tomorrow to operate. That means she won't have any food today. Morphine must be amazing. when she was admitted last night she said her pain was a 10 and once shen took the morphine she said her pain was a zero.

Greyfox
04-12-2013, 01:50 PM
My wife and I are 13 weeks pregnant..

You're pregnant too Zippy? :faint:

I had gall bladder attacks two years ago, for the first time in my life.
They can be very painful.
After the first attack, the doctor insisted on taking my gall bladder out.
I absolutely refused.
He then gave me a song and dance about if one of the stones fell into my pancreas I'd be in big trouble.
I still refused.
In the next few months the gall bladder attacks continued every couple of weeks intermittently.
But I did several things:
1. I cut my consumption of Scotch and beer in half per week (though not per session)
2. I limited myself to 1 small beef steak per week
3. I went on a vegetarian regime, supplemented by fish occasionally
4. I cut down on coffee and dairy products, but did not cut them out
5. I started taking 1 tablespoon of Apple Cider vinegar in a small amount of water daily
6. I increased my consumption of water to 7 or 8 glasses a day.
In a couple of months I lost over 20 lbs in weight.
So in the last year I've only had one attack.
If I have an attack, I head immediately for the Apple Cider vinegar and it abates in about 20 minutes.

I advise anyone against having surgery until they've tried a regimen similar to the one above.

By the way, if I recall correctly, I think Mountainman had surgery for this and it was discussed on this board within the last two years.

GaryG
04-12-2013, 02:00 PM
I had mine out five years ago. I just got tired of the attacks, although they were not that frequent. I also had frequent periods of feeling sort of sick without any reason. After the surgery the sickness went away and I feel a lot better. I understand that having the gall bladder out can inhibit the digestion of certain foods, but I have not had that problem. Good luck with this ZC.

Zippy Chippy
04-12-2013, 02:18 PM
Thanks! One of the things that stinks is she's allergic to anything apple. So no apple juice

Greyfox
04-12-2013, 02:18 PM
Thanks! One of the things that stinks is she's allergic to anything apple. So no apple juice

Apple cider vinegar isn't apple juice!

iceknight
04-12-2013, 03:22 PM
You're pregnant too Zippy? :faint:

1. I cut my consumption of Scotch and beer in half per week (though not per session)
2. I limited
3. I went on a vegetarian regime,
4. I cut down on coffee and dairy products, olor][/b] in a small amount of water daily
6. I increased my consumption of water to 7 or 8 glasses a day.
In a couple of months I lost over 20 lbs in weight.
this and it was discussed on this board within the last two years. These are useful tips and they sound like AWESOME preventative/general good health tips too. thanks!
Oh, so my sister had gall bladder stone surgery couple of years back. But I think, these are good recommendations, I am going to forward them around to some other people I know and cut my own junk food and dairy down!

ldiatone
04-12-2013, 05:11 PM
My wife and I are 13 weeks pregnant. She has a very high pain tolerance. We have been at the ER the last 2 nights. I don't think I've seen a person in more agony in my life. There are gall stones wedged. they know the gall bladder needs to come out but they are worried because she is pregnant. usually they like to wait into the middle of the second trimester.they just said they may wait til tomorrow to operate. That means she won't have any food today. Morphine must be amazing. when she was admitted last night she said her pain was a 10 and once shen took the morphine she said her pain was a zero.
speaking of "morphine"..my wife had major back surgery on her spinal cord after a bone spur punctured it. went down and crused her vertabrae. 8" rods for support. while early in rehab she had much pain and 15mgs of that morphine.
she told the doc "i hurt". he doubled the morphine.....she was a zombie for 3-4days till a reduction. my kid and me thought she was dead a couple of time.........strong stuff that morphine

Robert Goren
04-12-2013, 05:55 PM
There is one side effect for a while after Gall Bladder surgery that they forgot tell me about. You will need check for the location of the restrooms where you go.