PDA

View Full Version : SLEW'S FAST HORSES FOR WED. 04/10

MeSlew
04-09-2013, 07:49 PM
Hello All! Finally. At least in the east...spring is here. And the Derby is just around the corner. Everywhere. Not just in the east! But more to the point, for Wednesday

April 10, here are the tracks and races on Slew's mind:

Aqueduct - 7,8
Tampa - 2,3,5,7,9
Keeneland - 1,3,5,6,7,8
Oaklawn - 3

We also have a Key Horse running at Keeneland.

CURRENT KEY HORSES (> 90 DAYS)

Bold Challenger - KEE ( 7) CD 11/02/12 # 4

Now Bold Challenger was mentioned in my "Not So Souper" review (see my racing blog) of the 2012 fall Churchill meet where I bemoaned the lack of quality speed in all but a single race.
And Bold Challenger wasn't in it! He ran in an MSW on 11/02/2012 which "...finished in a very professional 1:35.60 with Bold Challenger (Exchange Rate - Best Mom, by Chester House) drawing clear in the stretch.
He becomes the first next out winner out of his last, a Keeneland affair run on 10/10/2012 at 1 mile as race #6."
Since the 11/02 affair, he has posted a 4th and 7th in AlwOC company at Gulfstream Park. This race is somewhat of a drop in class and should help his chances.
Bold Challenger is 4-1 on the ML. But so is Beyond Compare, who just broke his maiden at Tampa for 17K and has yet to reach a Beyer of 70. I pulled out my old clipboard
on which I had my Beyer Pars and checked...89 should be the par for this race. The ML favorite...I guess there just HAS to be one...is Positivly.

No, this is not an Abbott & Costello routine, that is the name of the horse. Positivly. It is his first try in the turf. His dirt mile, where he was second to Uncaptured
went in 1:37. Well, not his mile. His was about 1;38.60 or thereabouts. So our hero, Bold Challenger ran about 3 seconds faster, but on the turf. Does that count?

It should be noted that both of these guys came out of races where there were multiple next out winners. In the case of Bold Challenger, He ran behind...way behind
Black Onyx who's next stop was to win the Gr. 3 Spiral Stakes at Turfway. And also from that race, Crop Report won the Rushaway Stakes, also at Turfway. However, not to be
outdone, Positivly ran 2nd in the Iroquois Stakes - Gr. 3 behind Uncaptured who went on to win the Kentucky Jockey Club Stakes - Gr. 2. Behind him was Overanalyze who next won the Remsen Gr. 2 at Aqueduct.

It seems like Positivly should be way less than 7/2 if Bold Challenger is 4-1. Only $1 separates them in the wagering? I find that interesting. Yes, Positivly is by Distorted Humor and they have talent
and can run on anything. But Bold challenger gets the services of non other than Julian Leparoux who has been riding very well at this meet. He'll try to get him home fast, just like in his maiden breaker.

As to that 'Not So Souper" review, how have those horses done? Infrattini (I still can't spell his name) went on to win the Louisiana Handicap at the Fairgrounds.
Majestic Harbor ran 4 times, winning and placing at the Fairgrounds and finding himself off the board in Handicap and Gr. 2 company.
Colizeo won an allowance at Aqueduct. Wyomia was 2nd in the Bessarabian Stakes - Gr. 3 at Woodbine.

Now, it's Bold Challenger's turn. I'll settle for him behind Positivly...if I have to!

Enjoy the Wednesday racing. And as always...

good luck and good 'capping!