PDA

View Full Version : Tragic: good deed gone awry

DJofSD
04-09-2013, 12:42 PM
http://www.myfoxny.com/story/21920288/wyoming-man-hit-and-killed-moving-injured-rabbit

In Wyoming, I doubt there are a lot of PETA members. I wonder if the dead man was the driver of the vehicle that hit the rabbit in the first place.

Nothing about the other driver which struck poor Bill.

iceknight
04-09-2013, 11:04 PM
http://www.myfoxny.com/story/21920288/wyoming-man-hit-and-killed-moving-injured-rabbit

In Wyoming, I doubt there are a lot of PETA members. I wonder if the dead man was the driver of the vehicle that hit the rabbit in the first place.

Nothing about the other driver which struck poor Bill. Wonder if this the dead man was a rabbit in his previous life on earth?

Steve 'StatMan'
04-10-2013, 12:15 PM
From what I read, he saw the rabbit and stopped to help. Later, after the police arrived and the man was dead, they put down the rabbit.

Tragic, but gads, gotta be careful stepping out in the middle of a road.

DJofSD
04-10-2013, 12:18 PM
Something seems to be missing from the story. It's 9:00 at night. It's well after sunset, so, it's dark. Any car driving down the road at that hour has got to have it's headlights turned on, no?

How can the dude not see the car coming and not get out of the way if not off the road?

Steve 'StatMan'
04-10-2013, 12:21 PM
Yeah, maybe there was a curve, or a hill. Guy must have made the mistake of having his back turned. Hey, if the conditions were right for the rabbit to get run over, they were also right for a person on the road next to the rabbit to be hit. Bigger target of course, but still.

iceknight
04-10-2013, 12:50 PM
Something seems to be missing from the story. It's 9:00 at night. It's well after sunset, so, it's dark. Any car driving down the road at that hour has got to have it's headlights turned on, no?

How can the dude not see the car coming and not get out of the way if not off the road? It is tragic that this man lost his life while tending to the injured rabbit. One comment on the news site really gave me shivers (good ones). This guys says:
"I hope I am doing something nice when my time comes" , that is an interesting way to look at this situation. of course, the sad thing, this gentleman was probably trying to save the rabbit and while he was determining if it could be saved or not, he himself got hit and died (partially due to his fault of stepping on the highway close to the center line at late twilight/night conditions). Then the rabbit is put down by the trooper as it was probably judged that it was too late to save the animal too and better off to put it out of misery. Tough.

Vengeance of Rain
04-12-2013, 12:20 AM
Poor old guy.