PDA

View Full Version : Golden Gate's feed

MJC922
04-05-2013, 08:39 PM
Things I like: They give a decent look at the horses in the ring, in the parade, and they're not bad in showing the warm ups too. No talking heads between races. I do like Wrona but a muted call on the replay works wonders for me. Especially liked the comment 'you have x minutes remaining to 'invest' :ThmbUp: someone actually gets it. These things are all very good when doing handicapping between races.

Things that make it tough: Baze gets crushed on the board but the guy is gifted when it comes to relaxing a horse, no matter where he puts them they get a notion to run on. He was left at the gate on Tricky Shane and won easy anyway. W/P worked for me there on French Dynasty.

Things that made my day: Bi Tomorrow cleared and just held. Mission accomplished for today and looking forward to waking up to South African racing on the Dish. They have great pre-race camera work for horsewatchers, I wish the US tracks could emulate that. Anyone else with RTN notice how compressed SA's feed looks lately?

Stillriledup
04-05-2013, 09:52 PM
The thing about Russell is that he will ride the hair off a cheap claimer in the final race of the day to hold on for 3rd or 4th if he's beat for the win. You don't get any races 'mailed in' with that guy......a rare 'superstar' jock who gives you your 2 dollars worth almost all the time.

I love GG because i think the synthetic track up there plays fair and yet, at the same time, its pretty hard to go wire to wire there, and it doesnt matter if you're loose on the lead, you still have to be good enough, its a track where if you waltz to a 51 or 52 half in a route race under no pressure, the race isnt 'over' when at many places, it might be.

Its also one of the few tracks where you can be far behind a very slow pace and if you're good enough, you can still win....you dont see that at too many places.

pondman
04-08-2013, 02:10 PM
The thing about Russell is that he will ride the hair off a cheap claimer in the final race of the day to hold on for 3rd or 4th if he's beat for the win. You don't get any races 'mailed in' with that guy......a rare 'superstar' jock who gives you your 2 dollars worth almost all the time.

I have a general rule for GG. Do not bet horses ridden by Russell Baze. He is a major underlay, way over bet, and of no value to a player. When I spot play there, which is a couple times a week, the horse needs to be ridden by someone not well known. There will be times when people are asking, who is the jockey? That's the type of horse I'm looking for-- a morning rider at SA, going with a horse to GG. That's when I fill my sack with money.

The day to day stuff with Baze is nickel and dime, take a penny give a penny. If your a vertical player, you got to use him, but he'll kill your pick 5, win or lose.

Stillriledup
04-08-2013, 03:01 PM
I have a general rule for GG. Do not bet horses ridden by Russell Baze. He is a major underlay, way over bet, and of no value to a player. When I spot play there, which is a couple times a week, the horse needs to be ridden by someone not well known. There will be times when people are asking, who is the jockey? That's the type of horse I'm looking for-- a morning rider at SA, going with a horse to GG. That's when I fill my sack with money.

The day to day stuff with Baze is nickel and dime, take a penny give a penny. If your a vertical player, you got to use him, but he'll kill your pick 5, win or lose.

Totally agree, when i glance thru the GG card i'm looking for which of Russell's mounts are his worst and i go from there looking to structure plays against him.