PDA

View Full Version : question

tonypp
04-04-2013, 01:32 PM
does it cost money to enter horses in MSW,i notice in many of these races they pay the last place horse 300 to 600 dollars.Shit if its free to enter ill bring my barn nag to the races and race dead last 50 times a year.

mountainman
04-04-2013, 01:43 PM
does it cost money to enter horses in MSW,i notice in many of these races they pay the last place horse 300 to 600 dollars.Shit if its free to enter ill bring my barn nag to the races and race dead last 50 times a year.

Is somebody giving you gas gratis? bute? lasix?- plus a comped hotwalker and pony to the post? And what's your time worth to you, tony? Not to mention the cost of coggins and health certificates, and whatever vet bills your soon to be aching "nag" inevitably incurs. One more thing, who is going to saddle for free?

tonypp
04-04-2013, 01:54 PM
forget the hot walker,ill put a complete bum on him,the pony ill bring,and yes 300 to 600 is worth my time to bring a horse to the track.Is somebody giving you gas gratis? bute? lasix?- plus a comped hotwalker and pony to the post? And what's your time worth to you, tony? Not to mention the cost of coggins and health certificates, and whatever vet bills your soon to be aching "nag" inevitably incurs. One more thing, who is going to saddle for free?

PhantomOnTour
04-04-2013, 01:56 PM
lol
:D

mountainman
04-04-2013, 02:20 PM
forget the hot walker,ill put a complete bum on him,the pony ill bring,and yes 300 to 600 is worth my time to bring a horse to the track.

Bums charge the same as gary stevens. And now you've introduced a SECOND horse to the cost equation.

Fager Fan
04-04-2013, 02:53 PM

The jock's $75 to $100, a pony fee ($25 to $50) and then there may be retirement fees, lasix fees, and all sorts of fees at NYRA (backstretch pension account, jockey insurance account, etc.).

Then there is the substantial training costs (sorry, but you'll have to show a work or two to get your horse in the entries), so paying out to last place helps recover a few of the raceday expenses. Not a really good profit-making scheme for your barn nag.

VeryOldMan
04-04-2013, 04:35 PM
Is somebody giving you gas gratis? bute? lasix?- plus a comped hotwalker and pony to the post? And what's your time worth to you, tony? Not to mention the cost of coggins and health certificates, and whatever vet bills your soon to be aching "nag" inevitably incurs. One more thing, who is going to saddle for free?

And let's hold aside all of the previous costs to get this horse to the racetrack :) Breeding fees, vet bills, horse feed, breaking costs, trainer fees, etc., etc., etc. This business model is ridiculously upside down.