PDA

View Full Version : Randi Persaud revisited

Harvhorse
04-04-2013, 12:07 PM
Since I posted a couple of weeks ago Persaud has won with Minscape 18.00 and yesterday guana Star 16.40.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Life is 6/5 against"

Stillriledup
05-15-2013, 01:29 PM
Persaud's last TEN starters, have been SEVENTH or worse. That's right, none of his last 10 horses that he's ran have even finished 6th.

7th or worse, most of them eased at the wire. Bird Fu, Tweet Me and the list goes on and on.

Be careful.

MightBeSosa
05-15-2013, 01:40 PM
they're resting.

speaking of resting , haven't been too enamored with Rudy for the last few weeks either.

Stillriledup
05-15-2013, 01:53 PM
they're resting.

speaking of resting , haven't been too enamored with Rudy for the last few weeks either.

Totally agree, RRR has been average at best recently, his horses have had some shaky performances, when i see an RRR horse i tread with caution.

lamboguy
05-15-2013, 02:00 PM
they're resting.

speaking of resting , haven't been too enamored with Rudy for the last few weeks either.Rudy can't understand how his horses tested for having 4 times the amount legal for banamine

Stillriledup
05-15-2013, 02:41 PM
Rudy can't understand how his horses tested for having 4 times the amount legal for banamine

*Cough Cough* (see race 4 at Belmont)

MightBeSosa
05-15-2013, 05:42 PM
What a diff between that vileness called winter racing and what they have at Belmont.

cnollfan
05-16-2013, 10:51 AM
FWIW I like Persaud's horse Sally's Dream in the 7th at Bel today. Chased a hot pace last out.

Stillriledup
05-16-2013, 02:16 PM
FWIW I like Persaud's horse Sally's Dream in the 7th at Bel today. Chased a hot pace last out.

yikes. I wouldnt. she was 6-5 three lines down and got a perfect trip and lost to a slug, she's going to need a bit better performance than that to win here i believe.

magwell
05-16-2013, 02:38 PM
I dont care for sally either, but will take a look at the 5 in this spot.....

MightBeSosa
05-16-2013, 04:16 PM
well, ya gots a cheap thrill if nothing else.

fwiw i didnt like the way the horse was traveling, for T especially.

MightBeSosa
05-17-2013, 04:46 PM
nice job by saez beating on a dead rudy horse in the str. 5/17 8th.

why is he whipping a horse thats clearly done?

shmuck.

Stillriledup
05-17-2013, 04:54 PM
nice job by saez beating on a dead rudy horse in the str. 5/17 8th.

why is he whipping a horse thats clearly done?

shmuck.

Some jocks know no other way. They want the best board spot they can get.

MightBeSosa
05-17-2013, 05:03 PM
Well, he almost got a spot 6 feet under.

Stillriledup
05-17-2013, 05:40 PM
Well, he almost got a spot 6 feet under.

You ain't kidding, that was rough to watch.

PaceAdvantage
05-17-2013, 08:15 PM
I love some of you more vocal internet critics. You criticize the jocks when they DON'T persevere, causing you to think you've been screwed out of an exacta or superfecta...AND you criticize them when they persevere TOO much!!! LMAO

Nobody can win with critics like this around...

How do you know the jock who DIDN'T persevere when YOU thought he should have been, wasn't simply trying to prevent HIMSELF from getting that proverbial spot six feet under?

Stillriledup
05-17-2013, 08:21 PM
I love some of you more vocal internet critics. You criticize the jocks when they DON'T persevere, causing you to think you've been screwed out of an exacta or superfecta...AND you criticize them when they persevere TOO much!!! LMAO

Nobody can win with critics like this around...

How do you know the jock who DIDN'T persevere when YOU thought he should have been, wasn't simply trying to prevent HIMSELF from getting that proverbial spot six feet under?

EGGS.

Actly.

:ThmbUp:

MightBeSosa
05-17-2013, 10:24 PM
Yeah, well, by that high standard some internet posters are recommending that all horses be whipped until they drop dead, regardless of how hard they have already been asked to run, and how poorly they are already moving at the time.

The bloods not on my hands.

Or the egg.

Try watching the race again, and defend that late stage hard ride.

PS I myself, have never criticized a rider for 'not persevering' , as that is usually the domain of the ignorant.

Stillriledup
05-17-2013, 10:37 PM
Yeah, well, by that high standard some internet posters are recommending that all horses be whipped until they drop dead, regardless of how hard they have already been asked to run, and how poorly they are already moving at the time.

The bloods not on my hands.

Or the egg.

Try watching the race again, and defend that late stage hard ride.

PS I myself, have never criticized a rider for 'not persevering' , as that is usually the domain of the ignorant.

I think the two key words are 'board spot'. Someone's life can depend on someone getting 4th, they could be alive for tens of thousands of dollars, i think there are too many guys tanking for board spots when they're beat.

There's also a difference between beating the snot out of a tired runner and wrapping up completely. Too often, these pinheads wrap up with a few yards to go when all the bettor is asking for them to NOT wrap up (maybe just put the whip away and give a moderate to light hand ride).

I dont think bettors are asking for blood, most people know the game, they would just prefer the jock not wrap up....put the whip away, but still stay in the crouch and still hand urge.

Hopefully that's not too much to ask.

MightBeSosa
05-17-2013, 11:10 PM
We're talking about two different things here. This was a horse cooked in speed duel , stopping, already passed, not moving well, and then whipped for more. Probably caused the horse to take a bad step and fall.

I don't like to see that. Period.
I don't know if that jock is whip happy or not, but this was an amateur show.

This is not about 'wrapping up' 30 yds from the wire.

MightBeSosa
05-24-2013, 06:32 PM
they're resting.

Posted that on 5/15. I think you'd have saved yourself a lot of grief tossing him since then

MightBeSosa
05-26-2013, 03:54 PM
I guess none of his horses like BEL

Stillriledup
05-27-2013, 12:32 AM
I guess none of his horses like BEL

His problem is that he ran some of his horses 3 and 4 times every 2 weeks at Aqu and the horses were drained, he doesnt have much fresh stock. The key to Persaud is to see if he has a new horse, those will have some shot, the ones he's had for a few months are gassed, they can barely finish their races anymore.

OCF
06-19-2013, 12:25 PM
Persaud's Jackin My Style was entered in today's 6f 8th at BEL after running 1 1/8 on just last Saturday. 30-1 M/L, I was intrigued. Scratched by veterinarian.

Stillriledup
06-19-2013, 01:16 PM
Persaud's Jackin My Style was entered in today's 6f 8th at BEL after running 1 1/8 on just last Saturday. 30-1 M/L, I was intrigued. Scratched by veterinarian.

Randi had 2 horses in the 8th and scratched JMS, but Chics Palace, his other runner in there, had some trouble in his last start, he seemed to have a little bit of run in there despite his PPs looking horrible. Not without an outside shot at a huge price.

OCF
06-19-2013, 02:06 PM
Randi had 2 horses in the 8th and scratched JMS, but Chics Palace, his other runner in there, had some trouble in his last start, he seemed to have a little bit of run in there despite his PPs looking horrible. Not without an outside shot at a huge price.

Agreed, if nothing else a lot of the competition has been languishing in nw1/x and nw2/L for a long time. Seems like there will be a good price to be had, I don't think I'll go fishing for it though. Because for me, that's what it would be. :)