PDA

View Full Version : Giants-Dodgers

ElKabong
04-04-2013, 12:17 AM
SFG is my NL team, this series is fun to watch. Timmy Tim is losing his stuff, can't command the fastball but still left with a lead......6th inning, LAD w/ the bases drunk, threatening....good game, good series

Liked the Dodgers in my youth as well, but find myself rooting against them since they've been overpaying players. More out of fun than spite

Hosshead
04-04-2013, 07:25 AM
"Timmy Tim". Didn't recognize him without the hair. Maybe he should grow it back for psychological reasons.
Get more whip on the ball. :cool:

horses4courses
04-04-2013, 11:39 AM
Watched most of the series, too.
The Giants have virtually all their players back from last year.
Unusual these days, and nice to see.

I agree that Lincecum will struggle again this year.
He walked 7 in five innings last night, and the only reason more runs weren't scored comes down to poor Dodger hitting.
The rest of the starting rotation is strong, though.

So far their bullpen, apart from newly acquired Gaudin and Romo, aren't looking like they did last October.
They can turn that around.
SF does not have the most powerful of hitting lineups, but enough to get the job done.

The Dodgers, on the other hand, look just like their overpaid selves from previous years.
Apart from Kershaw (who is terrific), their starters will struggle.

Arizona look like the Giant's strongest divisional opposition again this year.
No way can I see San Diego or the Rockies contending, and it would surprise me if the Dodgers win many games.

Great to have baseball back! :ThmbUp:

redshift1
04-04-2013, 12:41 PM
The Dodgers, on the other hand, look just like their overpaid selves from previous years.

No way can I see San Diego or the Rockies contending, and it would surprise me if the Dodgers win many games.

Three games in and the Dodgers are done? Sure anything is possible, most betting odds makers are listing the Dodgers slightly ahead of the Giants as one of the top five teams in baseball.

Dodgers added Grienke to make as good a duo of starting pitchers as any in baseball.

Biggest question for the Dodgers is keeping an injury prone line-up on the field.

horses4courses
04-04-2013, 02:04 PM
Three games in and the Dodgers are done? Sure anything is possible, most betting odds makers are listing the Dodgers slightly ahead of the Giants as one of the top five teams in baseball.

Dodgers added Grienke to make as good a duo of starting pitchers as any in baseball.

Biggest question for the Dodgers is keeping an injury prone line-up on the field.

I didn't say the Dodgers were done.
It's just my opinion that they won't win the NL West, and probably not enough games to contend for a wildcard spot.

They brought the nucleus of this lineup together for Aug/Sept. last year, and they did not seem to play as a unit.
I see little different happening this year.

My opinion is not necessarily correct. They could surprise me.
Las Vegas books traditionally have the LA teams low in their futures odds.
They get plenty of money from weekend visitors.
Added to the fact that, yes, the Dodgers are probably stronger than the Giants on paper.
We all know what that gets you. A high salary tab with little to show for it.

The Giants have won two of the past three World Series.
That's no fluke.
Buster Posey has 2 rings and has played a little over a season and a half.

Every squad needs to stay healthy. That's an intangible.
All things being equal, though, the Dodgers have their work cut out - again.

Valuist
04-04-2013, 04:29 PM
Watched most of the series, too.
The Giants have virtually all their players back from last year.
Unusual these days, and nice to see.

I agree that Lincecum will struggle again this year.
He walked 7 in five innings last night, and the only reason more runs weren't scored comes down to poor Dodger hitting.
The rest of the starting rotation is strong, though.

So far their bullpen, apart from newly acquired Gaudin and Romo, aren't looking like they did last October.
They can turn that around.
SF does not have the most powerful of hitting lineups, but enough to get the job done.

Arizona look like the Giant's strongest divisional opposition again this year.

Great to have baseball back! :ThmbUp:

Lincecum and now Halladay. Those two were still dominant as recently as 2011. Halladay is getting on in age. Not sure what has happened to Lincecum. Probably both still good go-againsts, if one wants to wager on the little white ball.