PDA

View Full Version : 2013 Thistledown Racino!

craigbraddick
04-01-2013, 05:50 PM
Hi People!

I am pleased to announce that I have been appointed Property Announcer at the new Thistledown Racino! I will be calling the races as well as emceeing events and promotions at the new Racino which opens on April 9 with a performance by Taylor Hicks (live racing gets underway on April 19.)

I will also be posting links to my free picks for every live race day and to answer any other questions horse players have about racing there.

I am ready for some racing!

Take care,

Craig.

VeryOldMan
04-01-2013, 05:56 PM
Good luck with your new assignment.

Time to update your Twitter feed and Web page.

Helles
04-01-2013, 06:24 PM
Hey Craig,

Congratulations on the new gig! I guess they couldn't keep you out of the booth after all, eh? Just make sure they don't close this place out from under you!

Much success!

Doug in Denver

JustRalph
04-01-2013, 09:53 PM
Congrats !

senortout
04-01-2013, 09:56 PM
so.....Congratulations and how much was the fare from the airport? I hope to make it out there soon. Have not attended the Thistledown races other that one visit in the last 10 years, so, already, you have made a difference.

wisconsin
04-01-2013, 10:25 PM
Hey Craig, that's awesome! Best wishes.

Do you need me to come and do another amateur handicapping show like we did at Arapahoe the day before that tornado?

johnhannibalsmith
04-01-2013, 10:41 PM
Congratulations Craig! :ThmbUp:

mannyberrios
04-01-2013, 11:24 PM
Go get em, Craig

thaskalos
04-01-2013, 11:33 PM
Congratulations and best of luck, Craig. :ThmbUp:

pandy
04-02-2013, 09:57 AM
Congratulations and lots of luck in your new position. I'll make some bets there.

Valuist
04-02-2013, 10:22 AM
Congrats on the position. Where is Thistledown located in the Cleve area? My fiance is from Eastlake, which is east of the city. Probably will be there once or twice this year. I may have to check out the racino.

CincyHorseplayer
04-02-2013, 10:53 AM
I'm a Thistledown veteran.Hopefully that racino gets the fields a little bigger.Congrats on the job Craig.I'm heading into the fray with you!

craigbraddick
04-02-2013, 11:25 AM
Thanks, everyone!

I am updating my twitter feed now.

If anyone wants to visit, I will be happy to give them the tour and have them come and watch a race in the announcers booth with me.

Valuist: It is kind of south east of Cleveland in North Randall.

Thanks

Craig

mountainman
04-02-2013, 12:59 PM
Congrats, dude. Will Rich Ruda still do the handicapping show? Give him my best. And Tim Scarvell the trackman, too. Good guys. And total pros.

craigbraddick
04-02-2013, 01:24 PM
Congrats, dude. Will Rich Ruda still do the handicapping show? Give him my best. And Tim Scarvell the trackman, too. Good guys. And total pros.

Thanks, Mark!

Rich will be returning to do handicapping and will pass on your regards to both him and Tim!

Craig

rastajenk
04-02-2013, 01:56 PM
Welcome to Ohio, Craig. Don't forget to toss a paceadvantage reference from time to time in your calls. :ThmbUp:

JustRalph
04-02-2013, 03:31 PM
Craig, is this your first foray to the area?

rrpic6
04-02-2013, 06:02 PM
Thanks, everyone!

I am updating my twitter feed now.

If anyone wants to visit, I will be happy to give them the tour and have them come and watch a race in the announcers booth with me.

Valuist: It is kind of south east of Cleveland in North Randall.

Thanks

Craig
Sounds like a plan. I used to go to T-Down quite often when the DeBartolos owned it. We would stop in Boardman at their offices and grab free passes to get in. It used to cost about $3 to get in back then. They tried to keep out a lot of undesirables, and three bucks made it happen.
I went with a buddy last Ky. Oaks Day and sat in the Clubhouse. Still a nice buffet, as I'd remembered. Amazing how many seats there are in that place! I always wondered what the capacity was and if it ever filled up.

RR