PDA

View Full Version : Kevin Ware

ManU918
03-31-2013, 07:14 PM
That has to be right up there with the worst I have ever seen.

elysiantraveller
03-31-2013, 07:40 PM
That has to be right up there with the worst I have ever seen.

Im pretty sure that's the worst I've seen on the hardcourt... tragic.

Mr_Ed
03-31-2013, 07:43 PM
There's no zoom-in.........so it's semi watchable.

Double compound leg fracture.

Several Louisville players on the bench vomited (happened in front of 'em).

http://deadspin.com/kevin-ware-suffered-maybe-the-most-gruesome-injury-in-t-464789219

PaceAdvantage
03-31-2013, 07:57 PM
For some reason, I've become a giant baby when it comes to these sorts of things in my old age...the description was enough...don't wanna see it...in my younger days, probably...

Sounds like he suffered this gruesome injury all on his own? Nobody landed on top of him? That's kinda weird, isn't it? To break your leg like that just from an odd landing?

Did it break at the ankle?

PhantomOnTour
03-31-2013, 08:06 PM
For some reason, I've become a giant baby when it comes to these sorts of things in my old age...

Me too - didn't see it, don't wanna see it, won't ever see it.
I turn away when a horse breaks down.
I was watching when Theisman went down and also saw Moises Alou snap his leg running the bases.
I was dumb enough to watch the replay of the late Dave Dravecky breaking his arm throwing a pitch.

I've seen enough - best of luck to this kid

johnhannibalsmith
03-31-2013, 08:16 PM
For some reason, I've become a giant baby when it comes to these sorts of things in my old age...the description was enough...don't wanna see it...in my younger days, probably...

Did it break at the ankle?

I was reading about it and the article had a warning, but it was like one of those animated gifs that was embedded and by that point, I couldn't get my eye off of it... otherwise I would have avoided watching it for the same reason.

I don't know for sure, but it did sort of look like that may have happened - the ankle blew and rolled and then the leg snapped like a toothpick. I don't know for sure, I accidentally watched it the first time and then it looped so fast I was caught in a trance and viewed it again. That was enough. Ugly with a capital ugly.

highnote
03-31-2013, 08:18 PM
I saw it. I have never seen anything like it happen to a human -- especially playing a game of basketball.

The first thing I thought of is that it reminded me of a horse breaking down.

I wonder if playing so many games the past week at such a high intensity caused a small fracture and then when he landed awkwardly the bone couldn't handle the twisting and the torque?

I hope he is OK. I've known a couple of kids who had compound fractures. They missed a season of sports, but they came back as strong as ever the following season. Now, you'd never know they broke their legs.

ldiatone
03-31-2013, 09:13 PM
jason kendel ..pittsburgh pirate :( :(

Striker
03-31-2013, 11:21 PM
That was as terrible an injury one could see. Ware is from Atlanta, where the Final 4 is next weekend, so that should provide some extra motivation for the team to win it for their teammate.

Valuist
03-31-2013, 11:32 PM
David Thompson of NC State was worse back in the mid 70s. The issue there was he hit his head. A leg injury may be bad but there's no question of paralysis.

Mr_Ed
04-01-2013, 12:34 AM
David Thompson of NC State was worse back in the mid 70s. The issue there was he hit his head. A leg injury may be bad but there's no question of paralysis.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0pTe_AkrVSc