PDA

View Full Version : Drones used for newspaper delivery

highnote
03-31-2013, 04:52 AM
Here's a good idea -- deliverying newspapers using a drone:

http://www.laposte.fr/legroupe/Actualites/Le-groupe-La-Poste-va-tester-avec-Parrot-la-livraison-de-la-presse-quotidienne-par-Drone

HUSKER55
03-31-2013, 09:10 AM
it was in french

Robert Goren
03-31-2013, 10:47 AM
La Poste will test Parrot with the delivery of the daily press by Drone

La Poste Group and Parrot announced the launch of a delivery of daily newspapers per drone in Auvergne. Engaged for many years in a plan to modernize its delivery, the La Poste Group has decided to innovate a new When developing a partnership with the French company Parrot. agreement aims to implement early May offer home delivery of newspapers using AR. designed by Parrot Drone. This offer will be tested in the Auvergne region with volunteers. Several personalities from the web have already agreed to participate in this test as the blogger korben or e-trader Olivier Bernasson to rediscover the pleasure of the paper. This new drone developed specially for the occasion by the teams will be named Parrot "Air Drone Postal" in reference to the history of airmail. A twenty drones will be pre-positioned in the post office or mail center close to customers to enable delivery before 7am the press. They will be driven by 20 postal workers currently in training. Due to its range of over 50 meters, AR. postal Drone can easily reach remote areas, crossing a fence, fly over dogs achieve a high floor. In Based on this test phase the La Poste Group and the Parrot will study the feasibility of a About Parrot
Parrot, a global leader in wireless devices for mobile phones, is a company at the forefront of innovation founded in 1994 by Henri Seydoux. His bet? The inevitable breakthrough of mobile phones by creating wireless devices for easy living. Parrot has developed the most extensive range of market hands-free systems for the car and its internationally recognized expertise in the fields of mobile connectivity and multimedia around Smartphones positions the company to become a leader in infotainment car. Moreover, Parrot designs and markets wireless multimedia products upmarket dedicated to sound and image and drawn by artists. On the other hand, Parrot invests in the UAV market with great public Parrot AR.Drone quadricopter using augmented reality and piloted by Wi-Fi, and through new solutions for the UAV market for professional use.
Parrot, headquartered in Paris, currently employs over 750 people worldwide and generates the majority of its sales overseas. Parrot is listed since 2006 on NYSE Euronext Paris (FR0004038263 - PARRO).eneralization of this service.

Greyfox
03-31-2013, 12:13 PM
Je ne veux pas que ces choses dans mon quartier!:mad:

Tom
03-31-2013, 01:32 PM
Oui, c'est correct!

highnote
03-31-2013, 01:47 PM
A kid would have a ton of fun shooting at the newspaper delivery drones with a BB gun!

I can hear a group of the kids now sitting in their treehouse -- "INCOMING!"

:D

HuggingTheRail
03-31-2013, 01:50 PM
Most newspapers these days seem to be written by drones, so I guess it makes sense...

highnote
03-31-2013, 02:02 PM
:D

Most newspapers these days seem to be written by drones, so I guess it makes sense...

Dave Schwartz
03-31-2013, 03:17 PM
Say, I have an idea... How about we deliver it via the internet?

:lol:

I know, I know. You are thinking, "Why didn't I think of that?"

highnote
03-31-2013, 04:10 PM
Say, I have an idea... How about we deliver it via the internet?

:lol:

I know, I know. You are thinking, "Why didn't I think of that?"

LOL Great idea!