PDA

View Full Version : A Rumor

lamboguy
03-29-2013, 02:33 PM
i have been hearing that the Stronach group has offered $100 million to buy Calder Race Course and that Churchill has countered with wanting $120 million. no idea how true this is, but comes to me from a pretty reliable source.

if true it might help the racing wars in Southern Florida. on a previous thread i have been accused of playing with less than the 52 cards that i was dealt. maybe someone with some money thinks owning race tracks makes a lot of sense these days, because this game got no where to go but up.

PICSIX
03-29-2013, 02:58 PM
Speaking of rumors....hearing anything about trainer(s) down there?

Stillriledup
03-29-2013, 03:09 PM
Now i have bananarama stuck in my head, thanks Lambo. :D

I'm not a fan of too many tracks being owned by the same people, it would be nice to get a brand new owner into thoroughbred ownership.....when you own all the tracks, you set the rates and make the 'take it or leave it' rules.

Stronach isnt exactly a horseplayer-friendly owner. Now, if you're a 'horseman' than this is a good thing, you want a 'fellow horseman' owning as many tracks as possible.

magwell
03-29-2013, 03:57 PM
Stronach has a "horseman" running Gulfstream now, his name is Tim Ritvo...... and he is doing a great job.........:ThmbUp::ThmbUp:

Augenj
03-29-2013, 04:04 PM
There was an article awhile back about Gulfstream wanting to run on Calder's weekends or run year round as they put it. Maybe your rumor is true and a way around any political conflict in that dysfunctional racing state.

CryingForTheHorses
03-29-2013, 05:15 PM
i have been hearing that the Stronach group has offered $100 million to buy Calder Race Course and that Churchill has countered with wanting $120 million. no idea how true this is, but comes to me from a pretty reliable source.

if true it might help the racing wars in Southern Florida. on a previous thread i have been accused of playing with less than the 52 cards that i was dealt. maybe someone with some money thinks owning race tracks makes a lot of sense these days, because this game got no where to go but up.

Lambo...You wouldnt believe the rumors flying around Calder...Like we wont have a gate crew opening day,The gate crew will be the maintainence crew,Heard the state vets are going to make sure lots of horses are scratched so the meet wont go,Have heard we have to pick our horse papers from GP when the meet ends or GP will hold them,Have heard GP is going to pay workmans comp! This is all crap designed by GP as their agenda is to get the Calder horses for their meet.GP doesnt have a chance if they dont get the Calder horses.This smear campaign may backfire on GP. Im stayin put!

magwell
03-29-2013, 05:39 PM
The best rumor on the track has always been "they going to turn the water off"..........:)

BIG49010
03-29-2013, 10:38 PM
Churchill paid 86 million in 1999 and have slots now, and it's only worth 120 million? Those Indians in South Florida must get all the slot money. Smart money would take the cash and go home, just like California.