PDA

View Full Version : Aqueduct scratches

cj
03-29-2013, 12:13 PM
Is the vet going nuts with these scratches, or some other reason here? 81 horses entered today, 23 scratched (so far). This isn't the first day this week like this either.

HandyKapper
03-29-2013, 12:28 PM
I don't think any of these horses are entered with intentions of running. Sad state of affairs at NYRA.

davew
03-29-2013, 12:33 PM
The vet only got 12 of them

http://www.nyra.com/aqueduct/changes/

6 from stewards ? lacking paperwork or conditions?
5 as Part of Entry

MightBeSosa
03-29-2013, 12:33 PM
Purses too small. Lets triple them

52 Degrees and sunny, hardly perfect racing weather.

Or maybe it's a protest over rudy's suspension.

cj
03-29-2013, 12:43 PM
The vet only got 12 of them

http://www.nyra.com/aqueduct/changes/

6 from stewards ? lacking paperwork or conditions?
5 as Part of Entry

Yes, I counted them too. That is a lot of vet scratches. No matter how you slice it, something is wrong when you are scratching 28% of your card. The vet scratched 15%!

I didn't pay much attention to Aqu yesterday, but Wednesday wasn't much better.

aaron
03-29-2013, 01:03 PM
Yes, I counted them too. That is a lot of vet scratches. No matter how you slice it, something is wrong when you are scratching 28% of your card. The vet scratched 15%!

I didn't pay much attention to Aqu yesterday, but Wednesday wasn't much better.
This has been happening since the breakdown problem. I believe previous to that most of the scratches were by trainer and not by vet. Now a great percentage are by vet. Also 6 steward scratches on a day is a lot.

MightBeSosa
03-29-2013, 01:27 PM
this is what happens when the vet does their job

Al Gobbi
03-29-2013, 01:34 PM
too many racing days plus new medication rules. I think we are going to see issues filling cards with full fields at Belmont and Saratoga this year (and other tracks too...).

Stillriledup
03-29-2013, 01:40 PM
A lot of the scratches seem to be horses who are double and triple entered. These guys just keep entering every race possible than they 'handicap' each spot and pick the best one. I dont think they let you 'get away with' that in most other places. Of course, its a horsemans game, they run the show, they're really the 'bosses' while the tracks are the rank and file.

Can no racing secretary have some 'guts' and put a stop to the madness?

mabred
03-29-2013, 01:40 PM
never at Saratoga!!!!

thaskalos
03-29-2013, 02:12 PM
I must say that I was a little hasty in my criticism of these 4 and 5-horse fields.

Upon further investigation, I discovered that my cashing percentage goes up substantially in races like these.

Better than throwing your tickets on the floor...right?

I'm glad to see that NY Racing is making sure that the horseplayer leaves with at least SOME money in his pocket, after a day of betting on their races.

MightBeSosa
03-29-2013, 02:22 PM
I must say that I was a little hasty in my criticism of these 4 and 5-horse fields.

Upon further investigation, I discovered that my cashing percentage goes up substantially in races like these.

All you have to do is eliminate a few sure losers and you've got the winner.

Robert Fischer
03-29-2013, 03:07 PM
This is a good thing if unsound horses are being scratched.

The "vet" scratches should be well defined and consistent to their definition. We also shouldn't see vet scratches running back within a set amount of days from being scratched.

davew
03-29-2013, 03:09 PM
All you have to do is eliminate a few sure losers and you've got the winner.

except when the sure losers win :confused: (at least some of mine do)

Robert Goren
03-29-2013, 03:51 PM
I thought going to 4 day weeks was suppose to put an end to short fields. Next week I think they go back to 5 day weeks. What happens then? Are there really that many horses just waiting for turf racing to start again?

"There's somethin' happenin' here
What it is ain't exactly clear." Stephen Stills

therussmeister
03-29-2013, 06:33 PM
They should have Gulfstream horses showing up real soon.

Tom
03-29-2013, 09:46 PM
You know why so many vet-scratches at Aqueduct?
All those were the horses that were STRANGLED by the hapless riders in their last start. They have breathing problems now.