PDA

View Full Version : Free shotguns......get your free shotguns

JustRalph
03-29-2013, 07:44 AM
http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2013/03/28/plan-to-hand-out-free-shotguns-in-tucson-stirs-debate/

Wow!

HUSKER55
03-29-2013, 07:53 AM
People have had enough.

If you outlaw guns then only outlaws will have guns. there are a lot of tragedies that could have been lessened or maybe avoided had the citizens been armed.

lamboguy
03-29-2013, 09:41 AM
every night when you go to bed and have a weapon at your disposal you can sleep better.

i subscribe to the 3G program: gold, guns and a getaway plan

Tape Reader
03-29-2013, 09:14 PM
every night when you go to bed and have a weapon at your disposal you can sleep better.

Similar portfolio: Cash, gold and a double barrel.

boxcar
03-29-2013, 09:30 PM
http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2013/03/28/plan-to-hand-out-free-shotguns-in-tucson-stirs-debate/

Wow!

The Feds should get in on that program since they're so eager to expand the welfare state. They could start by expanding their cellphone program with a "BOGO" deal. Buy one phone and get a shotgun for free. After all, after some hood is shot in someone's home for B&E, the homeowner needs something on which to call the police, right? Great program.

Boxcar

Dave Schwartz
03-29-2013, 11:17 PM
Considering how liberal Arizona is, there sure is a lot of interesting ideas coming from there.

mostpost
03-30-2013, 12:17 AM
Considering how liberal Arizona is, there sure is a lot of interesting ideas coming from there.
Are you nuts? Both Arizona Senators are Republicans. Five of the nine representatives are Republicans. The Governor is a Republican. Republicans have a majority in the state senate and in the state house of representatives. The Republican presidential candidate has carried the state in fifteen of the last sixteen presidential elections. And you think it is liberal. Unbelieveable.

Dave Schwartz
03-30-2013, 12:25 AM
Yet the constituency SEEMS to be highly liberal. Or have you never been to Sedona?

mostpost
03-30-2013, 12:27 AM

Wow!
How about for once you post a link and give your opinion of it. "Wow" doesn't cut it. I find it hard to believe that you as a former police officer would favor this plan, but "wow" does not inspire confidence.

LottaKash
03-30-2013, 12:31 AM
Amerika is "still" (so far,) "The Land of the Free and the Home of the Brave"....:jump:..HOOray !!

LottaKash
03-30-2013, 12:39 AM
How about for once you post a link and give your opinion of it. "Wow" doesn't cut it. I find it hard to believe that you as a former police officer would favor this plan, but "wow" does not inspire confidence.

I've got one for "you"...What in the heck does the recently purchased, by our government, the "ONE and ONE- HALF Billion Bullets", have do with anything...?

mostpost
03-30-2013, 12:42 AM
Yet the constituency SEEMS to be highly liberal. Or have you never been to Sedona?
I have been to Sedona. Are you basing your opinion of Arizona politics on a town of 10,000? A town which is basically an artists colony.

Dave Schwartz
03-30-2013, 01:00 AM
Well, clearly your logic is irrefutable.

Apparently I was basing it upon my experience and recollection.

NJ Stinks
03-30-2013, 01:30 AM

I sleep pretty good without any of the 3G's. Although I guess I got a getaway plan in case of a fire. It's called living in a rancher. :p

TJDave
03-30-2013, 04:00 AM
...he launched a program this week to hand out free shotguns in high-crime neighborhoods.

A good start.

But they need to build walls. ;)

JustRalph
03-30-2013, 06:03 AM

It appears that he is going through the background checks etc......no problem from me.

Btw cops are afraid of criminals with guns. Not law abiding citizens.

Millions and millions of CCW carriers in this country. Very few problems.

Criminals won't apply for these guns due to the background checks etc

Criminals get their guns no matter what. They buy them on the street. Nothing you can do about that. Or they go to a border town and buy them from Eric Holder.

HUSKER55
03-30-2013, 07:43 AM
IF you shoot the criminals while committing a crime you save taxpayers the cost of a trial.....and you stop crime.

sounds like win-win to me.

Tom
03-30-2013, 09:27 AM
Obviously, we do not thing like libs.
It seems clear to them that the way to prevent crime is to crack down on those who obey the laws and whine and cry about the rights of those who do not.

boxcar
03-30-2013, 12:06 PM

Frankly, I'm "surprised" you're so dead-set against this wonderful idea. You and every other liberal on the planet are always complaining about how unfair life is and how it's the government's duty to level that proverbial playing field. So, I don't get it. What's your beef? All Arizona is doing is leveling the playing field a bit -- all based upon sound reasoning.

They figure that all violent crooks will always find a way to get their hands on guns, even if with the strictest of gun control laws. So, then...crooks and cops would be the only "haves" of the gun world. Well, what about other Americans -- the vast majority of which are law-abiding citizens , eh? They'll be left out in the cold. They'll soon become "have nots" (Trust me: This will eventually happen. Guns and bullets will be taxed out of existence! The Feds will want to make all the good guys "have nots"). Now how fair would all this be, huh? I don't understand how you can be so inconsistent with one of the fundamental premises to your own political philosophy. This astounds me.....almost. :rolleyes:

I say....let's level that playing field! Put as many weapons in the hands of law-abiding citizens as possible. This would also help to slow down the inevitable. Maybe I'll get to keep my modest arsenal until the day I die.

Boxcar
P.S. I think I will start the ball rolling by contacting Wally World and strongly urging them to run big gun sales. :jump: :jump:

Tom
03-30-2013, 12:08 PM
Frankly, I'm "surprised" you're so dead-set against this wonderful idea. You and every other liberal on the planet are always complaining about how unfair life is and how it's the government's duty to level that proverbial playing field. So, I don't get it. What's your beef? All Arizona is doing is leveling the playing field a bit -- all based upon sound reasoning.

Oh, you are good.
Very good.

mostpost
03-30-2013, 03:10 PM
Once again your take on liberals is incorrect. I am not interested in having the government give me anything. But that has nothing to do with what is happening here. The idea that an armed, but basically untrained citizenry, is going to prevent crime is just stupid. Some guy tried that in Florida and an innocent teenager ended up dead. Most-make that all-sensible people will not want those guns. The people who will take them are the vigilante types who will be all too eager to use them without considering the circumstances.

They figure that all violent crooks will always find a way to get their hands on guns, even if with the strictest of gun control laws. So, then...crooks and cops would be the only "haves" of the gun world. Well, what about other Americans -- the vast majority of which are law-abiding citizens , eh? They'll be left out in the cold. They'll soon become "have nots" (Trust me: This will eventually happen. Guns and bullets will be taxed out of existence! The Feds will want to make all the good guys "have nots"). Now how fair would all this be, huh? I don't understand how you can be so inconsistent with one of the fundamental premises to your own political philosophy. This astounds me.....almost.
I will begin with your "If guns are outlawed only outlaws will have guns" argument. First of all, no one is proposing that guns be outlawed. Merely that they be controlled. Background checks make it more difficult for criminals or crazies to obtain a gun. Banning assault weapons makes it more difficult for things like Newtown to happen. Limiting the size of magazines increase the safety of citizens and the police.

What astounds me is that you continue with this crap about liberals wanting everyone to be the same. I am fine with someone being more successful. What I am not fine with is their achieving this by gaming the system or cheating others.

johnhannibalsmith
03-30-2013, 03:22 PM
...The idea that an armed, but basically untrained citizenry, is going to prevent crime is just stupid....

Is it your understanding that these are being given out with the idea that the recipients are going to be patrolling the neighborhoods? Or do you think that they are being given out for people to use for self-defense? If the latter, then do you think it is in fact "just stupid" for people to posess this sort of weapon to defend themselves?

mostpost
03-30-2013, 03:57 PM
Is it your understanding that these are being given out with the idea that the recipients are going to be patrolling the neighborhoods? Or do you think that they are being given out for people to use for self-defense? If the latter, then do you think it is in fact "just stupid" for people to posess this sort of weapon to defend themselves?
I understand that it is not the plan for those people to patrol the neighborhood. I also think it is stupid to hand out shotguns to people to protect their homes. If someone feels that need, let them buy a handgun. I have lived on this earth for seventy-one years (I lived on Jupiter previously) and I have never felt the need to own a gun. In my opinion, a gun is a trouble magnet. I will take my chances without one.

johnhannibalsmith
03-30-2013, 04:03 PM
I understand that it is not the plan for those people to patrol the neighborhood. I also think it is stupid to hand out shotguns to people to protect their homes. If someone feels that need, let them buy a handgun. I have lived on this earth for seventy-one years (I lived on Jupiter previously) and I have never felt the need to own a gun. In my opinion, a gun is a trouble magnet. I will take my chances without one.

Don't get one and I won't either. Problem solved for the last part.

Maybe these people can't afford one. Chances are, if they could, they would own one already. Don't tell me now that you think it is a bad thing that government would want to make it easier for lower income individuals to engage in the protections afforded upper class individuals? That doesn't sound like the mostpost that I know.

You can't tell me at the end of the post that nobody wants to take away all guns and that you just want common sense regulations to get rid of the mean looking ones - and then turn around and make all kinds of cases for why people shouldn't have this particular weapon. These are the same people that could legally own a gun if they did spend their own money. They could use those weapons the same exact way, or misuse them the same exact way.

Either you are actually in favor of getting rid of MANY more guns than you previously stated or your whole argument against this program makes little to no sense.

boxcar
03-30-2013, 04:24 PM
Once again your take on liberals is incorrect. I am not interested in having the government give me anything.

Coming right of the chute, you're lying through your teeth. Liberals are always interested in having the government confiscate (through taxation) the wealth of others, so that the government can redistribute that wealth to those it deems poor enough. That's called, "leveling the playing field" in your world because those filthy, vile, greedy rich people stole that wealth from the poor to begin with. So, if you don't get government to step in, who will save the day for the poor?

But that has nothing to do with what is happening here. The idea that an armed, but basically untrained citizenry, is going to prevent crime is just stupid. Some guy tried that in Florida and an innocent teenager ended up dead. Most-make that all-sensible people will not want those guns. The people who will take them are the vigilante types who will be all too eager to use them without considering the circumstances.

I will begin with your "If guns are outlawed only outlaws will have guns" argument. First of all, no one is proposing that guns be outlawed. Merely that they be controlled. Background checks make it more difficult for criminals or crazies to obtain a gun. Banning assault weapons makes it more difficult for things like Newtown to happen. Limiting the size of magazines increase the safety of citizens and the police.

Surely you jest!? Criminals are going to go through background checks? :lol: :lol: :lol: Criminals will always have access to guns illegally by buying from other criminals. How long have you believed that criminals obey laws and go through the process, etc.? :rolleyes:

And by the way, in this AZ deal, those citizens will be trained to use those weapons! So, where do you come up with "an untrained citizenry"?

And then you're going to allude to the Martin case here in Florida? Don't you know he was shot by a trained citizen -- most probably in self-defense, since Martin decided to assault Zimm with a concrete sidewalk? But maybe the outcome would have been different if Zimm had been untrained. :lol: Trained? Untrained? Ahh...why not play it safe and just disarm everyone? :rolleyes:

What astounds me is that you continue with this crap about liberals wanting everyone to be the same. I am fine with someone being more successful. What I am not fine with is their achieving this by gaming the system or cheating others.

Of course, you want everyone to be the same. You want the government to confiscate the wealth of the wealthy and redistribute it to the poor. All this does is spread the misery. More people are made to feel miserable. Nothing like sharing the misery. You'd be happy as a little piglet in the mud if the U.S. was already a two-class system -- the Elite Ruling class and all others, i.e. the peons who work for the Elite Ruling class.

As someone recently said, you're a great little commie. You're just too proud to admit it.

And finally, don't you ever forget that whenever you're going to wax altruistic and compassionate (and all the rest) on behalf of the "poor" and remind us that the rich achieved their success at the expense of them, you might want to stop first and take a very long, hard look at the Roman Catholic Church. When you want to talk about filthy rich thieves in the world, we can begin with this very church of which you're a card-carryin', dues-payin' member. Only the Banksters of this world can hold a candle to the RCC.

Boxcar

Tom
03-30-2013, 05:30 PM
Originally Posted by mostpost
I also think it is stupid to hand out food stamps to people to feed their families. If someone feels that need, let them buy a meal.

FTFY

Dave Schwartz
03-30-2013, 05:54 PM

Most:

So, in this age where pensions earned in the private sector are subject to just disappearing, you are alright with the same thing happening in the world of government pensions?

I mean, your company, the one you retired from, is losing money now. Should YOUR pension be cut back?

MINE was - It is called social Security. I paid into it for all of my life and my benefits are being messed with. I will be fortunate if I get out what I put in (I should live so long).

My point is, your pension is protected. Why should yours be any different than anyone else's?