PDA

View Full Version : Whatever happened to...

JimG
03-28-2013, 03:41 PM
these long time Pace Advantage Members? Perhaps a few have gone to the great race track in the sky? Any info on the following people?

Observer
Larry Hamilton
Que
GR1@HTR
Figman
bdsheets
FortuneHunter
karlskorner
hurrikane
Rick Ransom
VetScratch
Jaguar
canuck
No Day Job
ryesteve
MarylandPaul@HSH
GameTheory
JustMissed

Maybe a few will check in?

Jim

Stillriledup
03-28-2013, 04:19 PM
There was another good capper and analyst named Dan, i think he was from Florida, havent seen him around recently either.

thaskalos
03-28-2013, 04:36 PM
My all-time favorite was Chickenhead.

I sincerely hope no misfortune of any kind has befallen him...

TexasDolly
03-28-2013, 04:53 PM
I have an email exchange with him in the last 6 months or so . I think I remember a post or two from him in the last few months. He brings a lot of well thought out logic to a discussion when he posts.
TD

johnhannibalsmith
03-28-2013, 04:56 PM
I think Nate Silver ran Game Theory off on election night, unfortunately for us.

Stillriledup
03-28-2013, 05:55 PM
Dan G was his name i believe.

DJofSD
03-28-2013, 06:04 PM
Vetscratch was banned.

GameTheory
03-28-2013, 06:22 PM
I think Nate Silver ran Game Theory off on election night, unfortunately for us.I was not run off, although after writing a post-mortem on that the next day which I annoyingly accidentally deleted, I decided to give it a rest for a bit. Couldn't motivate myself to continue that discussion. (I'm the main beneficiary of my long-winded scribblings, so even if they get lost I still have gained clarity in my own mind). So that turned into an extended hiatus as I lost the habit and have just been very busy with other things and wasn't doing any racing stuff. (I'm only here now because someone told me my name came up.)

Don't know what happened to chickenhead, I know he also had stopped playing quite a while before he stopped posting. I used to do programming for Larry Hamilton and would communicate often, but then he abruptly disappeared and I couldn't reach him (years ago now). He had health problems and I assume he is no longer with us unless someone else knows something? And then there are several major league a-holes and nutjobs on that list -- good riddance. (My apologies to those that would put me in that category for showing up today and annoying you.)

JimG
03-28-2013, 06:28 PM
Game Theory,

Good to hear from you. I miss your posts on the board. Glad you are doing okay and hope to see you participate here when you can.

Jim

johnhannibalsmith
03-28-2013, 07:05 PM
I was not run off,...

:ThmbUp:

Good. Stop by more often.... we've missed you in the basement... thought we had lost you for good.

Jens
03-28-2013, 07:22 PM
Haven't heard anything from Betchado for a long time. Also, anyone know whatever happened to Jim Bayle from Sportstat?

kingfin66
03-28-2013, 08:04 PM
Hurricane checked in on the HTR board recently.

DanG is a major contributor on the HTR board.

Maxspa?

Suff?

Mark Goldie?

horses4courses
03-28-2013, 08:14 PM
My all-time favorite was Chickenhead.

I sincerely hope no misfortune of any kind has befallen him...

Yeah, I second that.
That guy was a kick...... :ThmbUp:

DJofSD
03-28-2013, 08:27 PM
Suff was battling demons and moved on in an effort to eliminate all temptations.

newtothegame
03-28-2013, 11:45 PM
I agree GT, good to see ya sir!
And chicken head....was simply hillarious.....
And lets not forget Mack...some liked him some hated him but he brought alot of thoughtful and intrguing post to the OT....

Quesmark
03-29-2013, 12:32 AM
"the_fat_man" was an interesting character/poster who had some contrarian viewpoints on how a race is run...

v j stauffer
03-29-2013, 12:36 AM
these long time Pace Advantage Members? Perhaps a few have gone to the great race track in the sky? Any info on the following people?

Observer
Larry Hamilton
Que
GR1@HTR
Figman
bdsheets
FortuneHunter
karlskorner
hurrikane
Rick Ransom
VetScratch
Jaguar
canuck
No Day Job
ryesteve
MarylandPaul@HSH
GameTheory
JustMissed

Maybe a few will check in?

Jim

They came to their senses?

Stillriledup
03-29-2013, 12:40 AM
They came to their senses?

:D

I was going to ask WHERE'S VIC but dare u iz!

JustRalph
03-29-2013, 01:03 AM
Biting my tongue really hard here..................... :bang:

v j stauffer
03-29-2013, 03:01 AM
Biting my tongue really hard here..................... :bang:

They have those molded night guards. Really help with that problem:sleeping:

judd
03-29-2013, 05:47 AM
"the_fat_man" was an interesting character/poster who had some contrarian viewpoints on how a race is run...

he could pick-em:ThmbUp:

cj
03-29-2013, 09:43 AM
Que was a sharp guy.

Tom
03-29-2013, 09:49 AM
Vetscratch was banned.

She appears in "flashbacks" every now and then! :eek:

DJofSD
03-29-2013, 09:50 AM
She appears in "flashbacks" every now and then! :eek:
Ah, er, a rose by any other name .... ?

kingfin66
03-29-2013, 10:09 AM
Suff was battling demons and moved on in an effort to eliminate all temptations.

That is actually a little sad. I hope he is doing okay.

cj
03-29-2013, 10:11 AM
That is actually a little sad. I hope he is doing okay.

Last I talked to him he is doing great, just got away from racing.

kingfin66
03-29-2013, 10:12 AM
I agree GT, good to see ya sir!
And chicken head....was simply hillarious.....
And lets not forget Mack...some liked him some hated him but he brought alot of thoughtful and intrguing post to the OT....

He could come back if he wanted to. I know he is honoring the promise he made, but it really wouldn't be a big deal if he decided to come back. Probably more people miss him than not. It has been five months, so perhaps he is gone for good.

Tom
03-29-2013, 10:20 AM
Suff was a character! In a good way.
I used to enjoy reading his race analysis posts.

Speed Figure
03-29-2013, 02:34 PM
Jaguar is at the OTB with his friend that has every handicapping program.

GameTheory
03-29-2013, 02:41 PM
Jaguar is at the OTB with his friend that has every handicapping program.Yeah, that guy has got every disc.

castaway01
03-29-2013, 09:47 PM

He's been back on here under various names. Pretty easy to pick him out.

JustRalph
03-29-2013, 11:33 PM

Ding!!

PaceAdvantage
03-30-2013, 03:16 PM
Yeah, that guy has got every disc.Amazing the things we associate with certain posters. Whenever I think or have thought of Jaguar, the word disc comes to mind (did he spell it disc or disk? lol)

GameTheory
03-30-2013, 03:35 PM
Amazing the things we associate with certain posters. Whenever I think or have thought of Jaguar, the word disc comes to mind (did he spell it disc or disk? lol)"disc" I'm pretty sure, which made it even more annoying...

JimG
03-30-2013, 04:13 PM
"disc" I'm pretty sure, which made it even more annoying...

LOL GT. It was definitely "disc".

Jim

ElKabong
03-30-2013, 11:37 PM
GR1- (Glen) Good handicapper, but told me from day 1 he was in it for a short period of time. Wanted to settle down and raise a family. He knew handicapping had severe pitfalls if taken as a serious undertaking. I think he got into cycling, met a good woman etc. Good guy, I wish him the best. Haven't conversed w/ him in years.

Karlskorner- Who knows, but I think he was a fraud. On this forum GR1 offered to fly to Miami, give Karl $100 bill just to meet him for ONE day of races at Calder & show Glen that he did what he said on a daily basis (make $400 quickly, then go home for the day). Karl went defensive, didn't post as much thereafter. No doubt he felt he was smoked out.

What Glen didn't tell Karl in the post, he had a business trip planned to Miami and was going to be there anyways. That w/ have been a helluva meet up :)

BillW
03-31-2013, 12:04 AM
GR1- (Glen) Good handicapper, but told me from day 1 he was in it for a short period of time. Wanted to settle down and raise a family. He knew handicapping had severe pitfalls if taken as a serious undertaking. I think he got into cycling, met a good woman etc. Good guy, I wish him the best. Haven't conversed w/ him in years.

Karlskorner- Who knows, but I think he was a fraud. On this forum GR1 offered to fly to Miami, give Karl $100 bill just to meet him for ONE day of races at Calder & show Glen that he did what he said on a daily basis (make $400 quickly, then go home for the day). Karl went defensive, didn't post as much thereafter. No doubt he felt he was smoked out.

What Glen didn't tell Karl in the post, he had a business trip planned to Miami and was going to be there anyways. That w/ have been a helluva meet up :)

Glen last showed up on the HTR board at the end of 2009 for 1 post. Just stopped in to say hi.

judd
03-31-2013, 11:15 AM

how ?

Tom
03-31-2013, 11:34 AM
His attitude. :D

He's made the Whatever Happened to? lists on more than a couple of message boards.....:D

Robert Fischer
03-31-2013, 11:59 AM
think I remember seeing Tejas Kid winning a local handicapping tournament, to at least earn an invitation to the WS.

castaway01
03-31-2013, 12:16 PM
how ?

His attitude, as Tom said, plus all the times someone said, "Hey FatMan" to someone who posted the exact same way. Guess I spend too much time here, but it was pretty clear.

castaway01
03-31-2013, 12:21 PM

Karlskorner, well...I think he was pretty smart but it was always "You have to be at the track to win and I make $400 every day and leave before the fourth race" and "You're not a real gambler if you have a job". On the other hand, the man was in his 80s (and I respect him for being so sharp at that age) and I fear the most likely answer to what happened to him is the one you would expect at that age. I hope I'm wrong and he's still making $400 a day at Calder.

BlueShoe
04-04-2013, 09:27 PM
Was reading the GM Payback thread over on the off topic general forum and spotted four more absentees, three of them gone a very long time, one more recently, 46zilzal, ddog, prospector, and bigmack. Zilly and Doggy were far left, and often had great fun harpooning their nonsense. Think that Zilly got kicked off for something, Doggy just vanished. Prospector also just quit. Am quite sure that he and I were in the same room together at some time, since we patronized the same racebook in Laughlin, although we never met. Mack I think just said he was taking a break for awhile?

johnhannibalsmith
04-05-2013, 12:27 AM
...Mack I think just said he was taking a break for awhile?

Romney ran him out. It was DaHoss90210's last stand. Rumor has it DaHoss voted Obama several million times in at least a half dozen states.

Marshall Bennett
04-05-2013, 07:18 AM
Zilly was indeed far left, but some of his post were very good. Sometimes you have to look beyond the politics with people and benefit from some of their other topics of interest.

Robert Goren
04-05-2013, 08:29 AM
I am pretty sure that Bigmack has posted under another name several times since he left. Several post have had his unique touch. Since he is not banned it does not matter.
People sometimes let the off topic stuff get to them. I consider this primarily horse racing forum. Although the topics on horse racing can get heated sometimes, everybody is trying to do the same thing. Promote racing and become better bettors. There are time where I have considered not posting in the off-topics, but I keep getting suck back in. The sad thing is that several posters who had knowledge to contribute in the race section are gone because something that happened in off-topics.

andicap
04-09-2013, 05:55 PM
Zilly was indeed far left, but some of his post were very good. Sometimes you have to look beyond the politics with people and benefit from some of their other topics of interest.

I agree 100%. That's how I feel about the far right people that populate this board. :D

thaskalos
04-09-2013, 06:36 PM
I agree 100%. That's how I feel about the far right people that populate this board. :D
I wish I could say the same... ;)

PICSIX
04-09-2013, 06:58 PM
Anyone hear from Teddy lately?

Tom
04-11-2013, 07:41 AM
GM10?