PDA

View Full Version : Gulfstream/Fairgrounds...Mar 30

Beachbabe
03-28-2013, 03:06 PM
Both tracks putting on their biggest show of the year.
Each giving away over 2.25 million in purses.
Each carding 7 stakes races.

Interesting aside:
Rosie Napravnik...leading rider at Fairgrounds, will be riding at Gulfstream that day.
Javier Castellano...leading rider at Gulfstream, will be riding at Fairgrounds that day

Stillriledup
03-29-2013, 04:33 PM
Does a longshot ever win at this place (FG)?

cj
03-29-2013, 04:39 PM
Does a longshot ever win at this place (FG)?

Did you see the Risen Star?

Stillriledup
03-29-2013, 04:43 PM
Did you see the Risen Star?

That's a LONG time ago. I'm talking about the last few days...seems like you get wide open races and the 2-1 shot comes marching home like a good thing.

Maybe its just a phase and we will get a 20 dollar winner in Race 7.

cj
03-29-2013, 05:15 PM
That's a LONG time ago. I'm talking about the last few days...seems like you get wide open races and the 2-1 shot comes marching home like a good thing.

Maybe its just a phase and we will get a 20 dollar winner in Race 7.

The last couple days is "ever"? Come on man.

6 out of 9 winners on Wednesday were over 5 to 1.

Stillriledup
03-29-2013, 05:20 PM
The last couple days is "ever"? Come on man.

6 out of 9 winners on Wednesday were over 5 to 1.

All i know is that i looked at yesterday and today's results and all i see is chalk. AND, HUGE fields, so, you know, you would think they could get a price or two over there.

cj
03-29-2013, 05:24 PM
All i know is that i looked at yesterday and today's results and all i see is chalk. AND, HUGE fields, so, you know, you would think they could get a price or two over there.

Not really any different than weekday racing all over the place. The races aren't that competitive, and the fields are short, so you can get runs of short prices.

Robert Fischer
03-29-2013, 05:30 PM
Good racing , that's for sure.

Will also be nice to see the Florida Derby and Louisiana Derby on television.

CincyHorseplayer
03-30-2013, 03:51 AM
By Thanksgiving last year I knew I needed a break to look back on the prior 2 seasons and hit the reading list and complete a few projects.I didn't think it would take til Florida/Louisiana Derby day though!But I got everything done,mapped out a plan of attack for the year,and picked an awesome day to jump back into it!Good thread Beach!:)