PDA

View Full Version : USA vs Mexico

PhantomOnTour
03-26-2013, 10:24 PM
Huge World Cup qualifier tonight from the Azteca

Mexico is very tough at home and Team USA has a tall task tonight...let's see what ya got Klinsman

C'mon boys !

Striker
03-26-2013, 10:37 PM
Mexico is 23-1-1 at home against the USA and Tim Howard is out due to injury. If the USA comes out with a tie, I would consider it a win.

PhantomOnTour
03-26-2013, 11:19 PM
So far so good, but this first half has been a :sleeping:

horses4courses
03-26-2013, 11:31 PM
Very even group these days.
A draw won't hurt either team, though.
Plenty of games to play.

ManU918
03-27-2013, 12:25 AM
What a beautifully played game by the USA.... They did exactly what they had to do...

LottaKash
03-27-2013, 12:29 AM
So far so good, but this first half has been a :sleeping:

The whole game thru, I thought...:sleeping: :sleeping: :sleeping:

ManU918
03-27-2013, 12:42 AM
The whole game thru, I thought...:sleeping: :sleeping: :sleeping:

That's the only way USA was going to get a point. They weren't going to go into Azteca and try to win in a shootout.

ManU918
03-27-2013, 12:48 AM
Very even group these days.
A draw won't hurt either team, though.
Plenty of games to play.

I disagree with you here... This draw hurts Mexico. After three games they should have 7 points instead they have three. Blowing a 2-0 lead on Friday and not being able to score on one of their 15 corners tonight is going to lead to a must win result soon. If they don't record a W against Jamaica in June you might see heads roll.... literally

horses4courses
03-27-2013, 08:27 AM
I disagree with you here... This draw hurts Mexico. After three games they should have 7 points instead they have three. Blowing a 2-0 lead on Friday and not being able to score on one of their 15 corners tonight is going to lead to a must win result soon. If they don't record a W against Jamaica in June you might see heads roll.... literally

No question, Mexico would wish they had more points.
Those expectations come from an over-inflated estimation of their ability.
In reality, though, all they have to do is finish ahead of Panama, Jamaica, and Honduras. It's so much easier to qualify for the WC in this part of the world than anywhere else. Even if they only beat two out of three, they still would have a shot playing off against New Zealand - New Zealand!
This isn't rugby we're talking about.

Even with improved play from the others, USA, Mexico, and Costa Rica should still reach Brazil.
If they don't, it's nobody's fault but their own.
If and when they get there, can they be competitive? Hardly.....