PDA

View Full Version : Dubai World Cup

Valuist
03-26-2013, 10:36 AM
Maybe the US horses can get a win in the big race. William Hill has US based horses as three of the top 5 betting choices:

Royal Delta 4-1
Hunters Light 9-2
Animal Kingdom 5-1
African Story 8-1
Dullahan 12-1

Dullahan may be worth a few shekels at 12-1.

cj
03-26-2013, 10:45 AM
I wouldn't touch any of them.

precocity
03-26-2013, 11:13 AM
African Story 8-1
has been kicking some major azz over there.

cj
03-26-2013, 11:19 AM
African Story 8-1
has been kicking some major azz over there.

I meant the American based horses.

Valuist
03-26-2013, 11:34 AM

I haven't seen the pps, so I have no idea how good the non-American horses are. But Dullahan at over 10-1 seems like too big a spread from him and both Royal Delta and Animal Kingdom, IMO. I certainly could use him in exotics.

classhandicapper
03-26-2013, 01:01 PM
I think it might be worth watching a few races over that surface before making a decision to see if it's playing like a US based synthetic or quicksand.

On a US based synthetic, a couple of our horses might have a shot if they are ready for their "A" race. In a battle of attrition, I'll take my chances with the non US based horses with deeper stamina.

Leparoux
03-26-2013, 03:18 PM
A couple of tweets from Pat Cummings last night have me interested.

Pat Cummings ‏@DubaiRaceNight

Animal Kingdom looked AMAZING this morning. Worked 600m (3/8) - 13.12, 11.75, 11.34 - total in 36.24, did it easy and was completely focused

I'm wildly confident the global racing media can stop writing "Americans can't win at Meydan" type articles after Saturday.

Robert Fischer
03-26-2013, 04:37 PM
I thought Surfer got a lot out of his prep.

letswastemoney
03-26-2013, 04:55 PM
It doesn't matter what the ML says. Americans only bet Americans so that 12/1 on Dullahan likely will not hold

*or do you get 12/1 if you bet early?

Robert Fischer
03-26-2013, 05:05 PM
African Story looks tough out of those who have prepped.

of the closers who prepped @ Meydan = Saamidd and Treasure Beach.

moneyandland
03-26-2013, 07:01 PM
It doesn't matter what the ML says. Americans only bet Americans so that 12/1 on Dullahan likely will not hold

You do get 12-1 because it's not a ML, it's a bookmaker?

*or do you not know how bookmaking works?

Valuist
03-26-2013, 08:06 PM

Dullahan has one thing going for him that the other American WC runners don't have going for them: synthetic is his preferred surface.

Some_One
03-26-2013, 11:23 PM
Dullahan has one thing going for him that the other American WC runners don't have going for them: synthetic is his preferred surface.

But he has never shown the ability to win a race that is run at a slow or modest pace, his big wins (plus Derby effort) have been in races with a suicidal pace. Lately the DWC has been run at a modestly slow pace early, I think Dullahan is going to be way overbet in the American pools.

horses4courses
03-26-2013, 11:36 PM
You do get 12-1 because it's not a ML, it's a bookmaker?

*or do you not know how bookmaking works?

Be nice if we could do business with UK bookmakers.
Then you could get your 12-1 on Dullahan.

US citizens aren't allowed to bet with them, otherwise their company directors would risk being put in prison if setting foot on US soil. Being the reputable, long established, businesses that they are, they choose not to risk that.

SharpCat
03-27-2013, 02:14 AM
I'll be rooting for Royal Delta and Mike Smith. Speaking of Mike has he ever ridden in any of the Dubai races before?

ManU918
03-27-2013, 02:15 AM
Be nice if we could do business with UK bookmakers.
Then you could get your 12-1 on Dullahan.

US citizens aren't allowed to bet with them, otherwise their company directors would risk being put in prison if setting foot on US soil. Being the reputable, long established, businesses that they are, they choose not to risk that.

There are a few offshore books offering these odds...

Some_One
03-27-2013, 06:34 AM
Trinny is currently 5-1 on betfair, probably 5-2 in the US pools on Saturday?

Valuist
03-27-2013, 08:36 AM
Trinny is currently 5-1 on betfair, probably 5-2 in the US pools on Saturday?

Not sure about that. Has he ever run on synthetic or turf?

precocity
03-27-2013, 08:59 AM
I think Animal Kingdom has the best chance to hit the Bord but not win. and I actually think us pools on Dullahan will be 10-1, if you have been watching the preps african story been kicking azz and a lot of peeps will be on to him.
planning on hitting them hard so if animal kingdom goes off above 3-1 will bet w/p on him and put him in tris and supers.

classhandicapper
03-27-2013, 09:30 AM
Lately the DWC has been run at a modestly slow pace early,

That may be an understatement. I seem to recall one or two where no one could make up any ground late and the field was bunched at the end. The one where Gio Ponti finished just out of the money was one of them.

Leparoux
03-27-2013, 10:55 AM
I've never been a big Dullahan fan but I didn't think his local prep was as bad as it looks. Missed the break, rushed up a bit, made a middle move and flattened out. He is a monster on synthetics and I think he'll get hit with some $ in the US pools.

Some_One
03-27-2013, 10:56 AM
Not sure about that. Has he ever run on synthetic or turf?

No, but if there is a race that the Americans can win, it seems to be that one, Trinny has that early kick that almost no one will be use to. Morning line fav Mental comes from Aussieland where they seem to run their G1 sprints very slow early (see some of BC's races). The 2nd fav, the G-L-Brown, his claim to fame was winning the Foret which was run in the bog on Arc day. The only other one I like is the HK horse, yes he's quickly risen through the ranks there, but there sprinters always are fast and their races are run to a face pace so Trinny won't scare him off. Looking at the Aussietab prices, Trinny is 7-1, tough to refuse.

Some_One
03-27-2013, 10:58 AM
I think Animal Kingdom has the best chance to hit the Bord but not win. and I actually think us pools on Dullahan will be 10-1, if you have been watching the preps african story been kicking azz and a lot of peeps will be on to him.
planning on hitting them hard so if animal kingdom goes off above 3-1 will bet w/p on him and put him in tris and supers.

Of the locals, tough to go past Hunter's Light, seems to be a horse that just loves that course, won the prep, both very important factors IMO to determine who will fire in the race. The only other one I have time for is Planteur (3rd last year), the Americans are a toss.

burnsy
03-27-2013, 11:15 AM
I used to love this day when it was at the other track. The americans overbet the american horses in our pools and on the grass we were mostly throwouts....even if it was our best. On the real dirt we used to clean up but many times it was not the first choice that won. That was the formula for crushing this thing. I can remember winning alot of money for years in a row......now its way tougher because we win diddley on the tapeta and people know our grass horses don't really cut it..theres no where near as many american grass entries..The only one i would consider using on top is Animal Kingdom, he fits the part for this. I can't see Dullahan after the debacle a couple weeks ago and Royal Delta may run better if she gets out but i don't see her holding on against these on this surface. For the most part we are also rans in this thing now and its harder to gauge.

ponyplayerdotca
03-27-2013, 11:21 AM
No, but if there is a race that the Americans can win, it seems to be that one, Trinny has that early kick that almost no one will be use to. Morning line fav Mental comes from Aussieland where they seem to run their G1 sprints very slow early (see some of BC's races). The 2nd fav, the G-L-Brown, his claim to fame was winning the Foret which was run in the bog on Arc day. The only other one I like is the HK horse, yes he's quickly risen through the ranks there, but there sprinters always are fast and their races are run to a face pace so Trinny won't scare him off. Looking at the Aussietab prices, Trinny is 7-1, tough to refuse.

I'm not sure who "Trinny" you are referring to is. Or are you talking about a different race than the big one?

Here is the list of entrants for the Dubai World Cup on Saturday:

PP Horse Jockey Trainer

1. Treasure Beach C. Soumillon M. de Kock
2. Red Cadeaux G. Mosse E. Dunlop
3. Dullahan G. Stevens D. Romans
4. Hunter's Light S. De Sousa S. bin Suroor
5. Capponi A. Ajtabi M. Al Zarooni
6. Side Glance J. Spencer A. Balding
7. Planteur R. Moore M. Botti
8. Royal Delta M. Smith W. Mott
9. Meandre M. Guyon A. Fabre
10. Monterosso M. Barzalona M. Al Zarooni
11. African Story K. Fallon S. bin Suroor
12. Animal Kingdom J. Rosario G. Motion
13. Kassiano W. Buick S. bin Suroor

ten2oneormore
03-27-2013, 11:28 AM
morning line

1 Treasure Beach - 20-1
2 Red Cadeaux - 30-1
3 Dullahan - 6-1
4 Hunter's Light - 7-2
5 - Capponi - 20-1
6 - SideGlance - 30-1
7 - Planteur - 30-1
8 - Royal Delta - 4-1
9 - Meandre - 30-1
10 - Monterosso - 20-1
11 - African Story - 10-1
12 - Animal Kingdom - 5-1
13 - Kassiano - 12-1

Striker
03-27-2013, 11:29 AM
I'll be rooting for Royal Delta and Mike Smith. Speaking of Mike has he ever ridden in any of the Dubai races before?
He rode Euroears in 2011 in the Golden Shaheen and finished 2nd.

ten2oneormore
03-27-2013, 11:29 AM
I'm not sure who "Trinny" you are referring to is. Or are you talking about a different race than the big one?

Trinniberg in the golden shaheen

precocity
03-27-2013, 11:57 AM
10 - Monterosso - 20-1
won it last year with the jockey standing up before and after the finish line. :D
could do it again? :rolleyes:

Robert Fischer
03-27-2013, 12:02 PM
Private Zone will win the Golden Shaheen if his form ships. Presence of Trinniberg should increase his value.

Robert Fischer
03-27-2013, 12:09 PM
morning line

(+)1 Treasure Beach - 20-1
2 Red Cadeaux - 30-1
(-)3 Dullahan - 6-1
(-)4 Hunter's Light - 7-2
5 - Capponi - 20-1
6 - SideGlance - 30-1
7 - Planteur - 30-1
8 - Royal Delta - 4-1
9 - Meandre - 30-1
10 - Monterosso - 20-1
(+)11 - African Story - 10-1
(?)12 - Animal Kingdom - 5-1
13 - Kassiano - 12-1

+ = probable overlays
- = probable underlays

Animal Kingdom was a little disappointing in his prep, he's probably an underlay but could still run well. I'm a fan.
Royal Delta should run well, but will be bet.
Hunter's Light should be a contender but not a top 2 or 3 favorite.
Some of the foreign shippers are probably worth handicapping.
At this point, I like African Story as the top contender.

classhandicapper
03-27-2013, 04:12 PM
Trinniberg in the golden shaheen

No prep for this, his BC win came over a GR/2P biased track, and this is synth. hmmmn

UK View
03-27-2013, 04:26 PM
Impossible to bet on this race since they have moved it to Meydan and on the Tapeta!!

In the last 3 years NO horse has PLACED in single figure odds!!!!

Best advice would be to steer well clear. Especially if there is a slow early pace again which will totally ruin it for horse's like Animal Kingdom.

However if tempted to bet....

Hunters Light 4/1
Royal Delta 4/1
Animal Kingdom 11/2
African Story 9/1
Planteur 12/1
Dullahan 12/1
Kassiano 14/1
Monterosso 16/1
Capponi 16/1
Meandre 20/1
Side Glance 25/1
Treasure Beach 25/1
Red Cadeux 25/1

Logically the choice has to be Hunters Light. Has a good draw, likes the track and the distance. Maybe not top class but then neither was Monterosso or Capponi last year!!

I like Animal Kingdom but first time up at the track, and with an abysmal draw, and 11/2?? No chance. If he was 10/1 then maybe but not at those odds.

Royal Delta was hampered badly last year when appearing to travel well? I think the jockey will need to have her more prominently positioned to feature this time. At 4/1 she is just too short.

African Story has had just one run this year, and that was in a pretty weak G3. Never raced beyond a mile so stamina is an obvious worry.

Dullahan I just couldn't have. Terrible prep run and often held up. Not ideal at Meydan.

Planteur wasn't good enough a year ago so no reason to believe he will do any better this time?

Kassiano is similar to Capponi last year in that he is experienced at the track and is improving with every run. Could surprise but has an awful draw!!

Monterosso and Capponi have both had their problems and are another year older. I would expect Godolphin to be mightily disappointed if Hunter's Light wasn't better than these two?

Meandre has never won over a trip this short. Could be finishing to good effect but will surely find the race happening way ahead of him?

Side Glance shouldn't be good enough but was staying on over 9f on his Meydan debut and could surprise if taking to the surface?

Treasure Beach I have always felt got a rough deal from Aiden O'Brien. Been used as cannon fodder for his more fashionable types previously. I've always felt there was another decent race in him but more likely over further.

Red Cadeaux needs further!!

In conclusion I would have to go for Hunter's Light as the safest option, despite the terrible recent record of fancied horses. Kassiano would be my next best followed by African Story.

Im sure I will be proved completely wrong come Saturday!! :)

rrpic6
03-27-2013, 04:49 PM
No Lasix or any other meds could mean a USA shutout.

RR

Vengeance of Rain
03-27-2013, 06:58 PM
PPs...

http://www.amwestentertainment.com/pdfs/racing-calendar/a8627abd-6a55-e211-ba17-0019d1035314/pps-20130030.pdf

Robert Fischer
03-27-2013, 09:42 PM
PPs...

http://www.amwestentertainment.com/pdfs/racing-calendar/a8627abd-6a55-e211-ba17-0019d1035314/pps-20130030.pdf

Red Cadeaux and Meandre look to be the top foreign shippers.

They are coming out of some of the best turf races. They should be OK cutting back from the classic international turf distance of 12f to run in this 10f synthetic race. This is arguably a class drop for them as well.

Vengeance of Rain
03-28-2013, 12:23 AM

They are coming out of some of the best turf races. They should be OK cutting back from the classic international turf distance of 12f to run in this 10f synthetic race. This is arguably a class drop for them as well.
I'm going with Planteur.

The one I really like is Mr. Big in the Al Quoz especially with the liklihood of Eagle Regiment scratching. Using him with the other HK runner, Joy and Fun, and the favorite Shea Shea.

That's as far as I've gotten.

Love the Duty Free field. Too bad Igugu had to spend a million years in quarantine. She was fantastic.

UK View
03-28-2013, 05:44 AM

Possibly, if the pace was lightening fast? It's a big if though. The pace has been slow 3 years in a row.

Red Cadeaux has never won over less than 12f and Meandre only just got up once over 11f on heavy ground!!

I would give more chance to Meandre given his tactical speed.

Vengeance of Rain
03-28-2013, 11:28 AM
Well if you guys are right that will be great news for Ramzan Kadyrov (the Chechen murderer-in-charge ooops I mean "president") since he just bought the poor horse.

olddaddy
03-28-2013, 11:43 AM
:2: :9:

Both flying in deep stretch, hopefully one gets to the wire first.

ten2oneormore
03-28-2013, 01:24 PM
No prep for this, his BC win came over a GR/2P biased track, and this is synth. hmmmn

I was just clarifying for ponyplayadotca who said "I'm not sure who "Trinny" you are referring to is. Or are you talking about a different race than the big one?".I can't trust anything lasix off for the first time.

At the prices I'm liking 5-Reynaldothewizard at 12-1 in Golden Shaheen.

ten2oneormore
03-28-2013, 01:52 PM
Was pretty surprised that on Timeform Royal Delta is basically a cinch.She has consistently ran figures much better than anyone.Only Monterosso in last year's DWC is in the ballpark.Plus it can't hurt she is getting 5 pounds from everyone.Again though it's hard to predict how lasix off will hinder her.

For some prices I'm interested in 5-Capponi and 1-Treasure Beach, both 20-1 ML.Capponi because Al Zarooni winds them up as good as anyone first time off the bench before they go south in subsequent starts.Treasure Beach because if you followed this year's carnival one thing that stuck out was de Kock 2nd time out after layoff.He does look a little slow but if he improves off his first run as much as most of de Kock's others then its possible he is right there with Hunter's Light who is the favorite and TB is 20-1 ML maybe goes off higher.

rrpic6
03-30-2013, 11:57 AM
U. S. based horses yet to hit the board thru the 1st six races. This is what drug-free racing looks like.

RR

Tom
03-30-2013, 12:06 PM
That is a good thing.

nat1223
03-30-2013, 12:06 PM
US horses are less superior for sure..US horse racing is going down the tubes just like our government! its not about fair racing in the states...

ArlJim78
03-30-2013, 01:08 PM
Little Mike went off as the favorite over here.:lol:
what are people thinking? I predict the same thing will happen with Royal Delta, she'll go off as favorite and finish way out of it.

burnsy
03-30-2013, 01:45 PM
what about Trinniberg...same deal. People never learn, throw in African Story here w/ Hunters light and Animal Kingdom. The two i already liked.

PhantomOnTour
03-30-2013, 01:46 PM
World Cup

ex: 4-11 w 4-7-11-12-13
win: 4-7

tonypp
03-30-2013, 01:54 PM
punters burying American horses in the late double,American punters love there horses.There will be some long shot that sneaks,ive seen this rodeo before.

Stillriledup
03-30-2013, 01:57 PM
Should i box the field here, or are the non-lasix americans just going to crush like the toteboard says?

Robert Fischer
03-30-2013, 02:03 PM
:2::4::8::9::11::12:

top horse = :11:

hopefully enough tactical speed for the 11 to avoid getting hung out wide

Stillriledup
03-30-2013, 02:06 PM
:2::4::8::9::11::12:

top horse = :11:

hopefully enough tactical speed for the 11 to avoid getting hung out wide
The 11 looked amazing warming up, he was bone dry and shining like a brand new penny.

GO 11!

MightBeSosa
03-30-2013, 02:10 PM
U. S. based horses yet to hit the board thru the 1st six races. This is what drug-free racing looks like.

RR

Care to edit that now?

PhantomOnTour
03-30-2013, 02:11 PM
Score one for the USA - what a horse :ThmbUp:

Midnight Cruiser
03-30-2013, 02:12 PM
A couple of tweets from Pat Cummings last night have me interested.

Animal Kingdom looked AMAZING this morning. Worked 600m (3/8) - 13.12, 11.75, 11.34 - total in 36.24, did it easy and was completely focused

I'm wildly confident the global racing media can stop writing "Americans can't win at Meydan" type articles after Saturday.

Im gunna start listening to Pat Cummings!

ArlJim78
03-30-2013, 02:15 PM
Animal Kingdom wins one for America! finally.
I've always felt this was an exceptional horse. Kudos to Graham Motion

tonypp
03-30-2013, 02:16 PM
I just watched the replay I thought the same exact thing little mike at 2 to 1 worst favorite all time.Little Mike went off as the favorite over here.:lol:
what are people thinking? I predict the same thing will happen with Royal Delta, she'll go off as favorite and finish way out of it.

PhantomOnTour
03-30-2013, 02:17 PM
Does this shed new light on Rosario's "premature move" last time at GP?
He sat all over the pace today, put away Royal Delta and then basically distanced that field, save for Red Cadeaux.
Hmmmm....maybe they had today in mind when they sorta speed prepped him at GP...?

iceknight
03-30-2013, 02:18 PM
Im gunna start listening to Pat Cummings! Well, I made no comments on this race but I desperately hoping for Animal Kingdom or Royal Delta to win and Animal Kingdom did a GREAT JOB!!! You are right, the media can now stop writing the "American horses" cannot win here blah blah!

iceknight
03-30-2013, 02:19 PM
Does this shed new light on Rosario's "premature move" last time at GP?
He sat all over the pace today, put away Royal Delta and then basically distanced that field, save for Red Cadeaux.
Hmmmm....maybe they had today in mind when they sorta speed prepped him at GP...? Well, AK broke slower that day at GP, but today AK broke good and then rosario kept him in good position soon after by moving up the ranks (did he use him up a lot? I dont know). Haha, somebody (commentator) saying he gave a "boneheaded ride last time?' Pretty bold statements by some of these guys! Rosario did well and has solidly established himself now!
A special note of Congratulations to Graham Motion, who I definitely rank as a great trainer and one that has an almost zero substance violation rate - compared to the other top trainers in usa! :ThmbUp: :ThmbUp: :ThmbUp:

SandyW
03-30-2013, 02:20 PM
Joel Rosario just show them how to ride a horse when you think you have the best.
You have to look far and wide to find a better rider.

rrpic6
03-30-2013, 02:23 PM
Care to edit that now?

Nope. Little Mike, Trinniberg, Royal Delta,etc. USA goes 1 for 9.

RR

Stillriledup
03-30-2013, 02:32 PM
Why does it take forever to show the payouts for this race, did TVG show the payouts and i missed them?

ArlJim78
03-30-2013, 02:44 PM
they take like 15- 20 minutes to make these races official. its now official.

Robert Fischer
03-30-2013, 02:44 PM
Why does it take forever to show the payouts for this race, did TVG show the payouts and i missed them?

AK = $7.40 $3
$1 exacta = $123.50

Stillriledup
03-30-2013, 02:54 PM
they take like 15- 20 minutes to make these races official. its now official.

Wonderful, just what bettors want.

Stillriledup
03-30-2013, 02:55 PM
AK = $7.40 $3
$1 exacta = $123.50

Tri and super paid good.

OTM Al
03-30-2013, 03:01 PM
Wonderful, just what bettors want.

Betting isn't legal in Dubai, so pretty useless statement there.

Robert Fischer
03-30-2013, 03:03 PM
Animal Kingdom got a great trip, but he delivered with a strong performance. Really a likeable horse. Excellent handling by Motion to bring him back from bad luck and injury and have him return to form in big races like the BC Mile and World Cup.

precocity
03-30-2013, 03:04 PM
yes im redbording ;)
had 300$ TO WIN 200$ SHOW BUT WHATEVEVR :cool:

Stillriledup
03-30-2013, 03:16 PM
Betting isn't legal in Dubai, so pretty useless statement there.

What does Dubai have to do with anything, wasnt the betting in America?

Robert Fischer
03-30-2013, 03:28 PM
go animal kingdom !

was really nice to see that group of races with huge purses and international runners.

The $5 million turf race between St Nicholas Abbey and Gentildonna was a treat to see as well.

duncan04
03-30-2013, 03:29 PM

International racing always takes longer to post official prices.

rastajenk
03-30-2013, 03:31 PM
Look, when Meydan dropped the 7-and-7 arrangement with Beulah Park, they also quit the "quick official." Get over it. :cool:

Leparoux
03-30-2013, 03:58 PM
That was awesome. Retire or Ascot?

PaceAdvantage
03-30-2013, 03:59 PM
What does Dubai have to do with anything, wasnt the betting in America?Ummmm....never mind... :bang:

OTM Al
03-30-2013, 04:32 PM
Ummmm....never mind... :bang:

Wow, and just when I thought he'd never top himself.

Stillriledup
03-30-2013, 04:45 PM
Ummmm....never mind... :bang:

Never mind? I didnt realize i was talking to you.

Cholly
03-30-2013, 04:50 PM
I was thrilled to see him win; cheered for one I considered the home team; but...

Animal Kingdom IS out of a Brazilian sire and a German dam--I wouldn't exactly call it vindication of the American breeding industry's ability to produce a horse who can with the best of the world.

VeryOldMan
03-30-2013, 05:12 PM
Animal Kingdom IS out of a Brazilian sire and a German dam--I wouldn't exactly call it vindication of the American breeding industry's ability to produce a horse who can with the best of the world.

Very nice point about the breeding.

Throw in the absence of Lasix, the Tapeta surface, and how far the US-based horses are shipped and I still struggle to figure out how to analyze this race and its results.

MightBeSosa
03-30-2013, 05:48 PM

You're not serious. Don't you think the local track retains authority over the official result?

Stillriledup
03-30-2013, 06:00 PM
You're not serious. Don't you think the local track retains authority over the official result?

I don't really care about what the semantics are, i just know that it shouldnt take forever to put up the prices. Just put up the prices in a timely fashion, its not that hard.

Tom
03-30-2013, 06:02 PM
How do you put up the prices when the race is not declared official?

OTM Al
03-30-2013, 06:08 PM

I'd try if I thought there was hope. There isn't.

johnhannibalsmith
03-30-2013, 06:16 PM
I don't really care about what the semantics are,...

Semantics? :lol:

You stepped in it here, don't go dragging it all over the house now.

:kiss:

Stillriledup
03-30-2013, 06:35 PM

Here's a novel idea, don't wait 20 mins to put up the prices. Find a way to pay the bettors. Not hard.

cj
03-30-2013, 06:41 PM
Here's a novel idea, don't wait 20 mins to put up the prices. Find a way to pay the bettors. Not hard.

How can you pay them before the race is made official? You can't post payoffs until the race is made official in Dubai, which the American tote system has ZERO control over.

It is like there are at least two of you inside that head sometimes. Stop acting like an idiot. We know you aren't, at least the one that posts some of the time.

Stillriledup
03-30-2013, 06:43 PM
How can you pay them before the race is made official? You can't post payoffs until the race is made official in Dubai, which the American tote system has ZERO control over.

It is like there are at least two of you inside that head sometimes. Stop acting like an idiot. We know you aren't, at least the one that posts some of the time.

It takes too long to post prices, whoever's in charge of that needs to fix it. Im not saying you need a quick official but geez, cmon now.

Tom
03-30-2013, 06:48 PM
Read my lips - they don't CARE about the prices.
They DO NOT bet in Dubai.
Once the race is over, nothing is important other than the celebration and the photos.

cj
03-30-2013, 06:50 PM
It takes too long to post prices, whoever's in charge of that needs to fix it. Im not saying you need a quick official but geez, cmon now.

OK, try this one...stop being an ass. Let it go, you are wrong, move on. I'll make it my life's mission to delete every post you make for the next decade if you continue.

ArlJim78
03-30-2013, 07:01 PM
prestigious big money races tend to take longer to make official. you won't see them posting the prices on the Kentucky derby as the horses are galloping back to be unsaddled. in Dubai they seem to have a longer more formal process, of course there is huge money at stake so it only makes sense.

OTM Al
03-30-2013, 07:03 PM
prestigious big money races tend to take longer to make official. you won't see them posting the prices on the Kentucky derby as the horses are galloping back to be unsaddled. in Dubai they seem to have a longer more formal process, of course there is huge money at stake so it only makes sense.

And they don't have betting.....

Tom
03-30-2013, 07:05 PM
Thank You! :D

ArlJim78
03-30-2013, 07:08 PM
And they don't have betting.....
yes I'm aware of that, but what is your point? that they would speed up the process if they had betting?

depalma113
03-30-2013, 07:13 PM
It's amazing what can happen when great 3 year-olds are allowed to race at an older age.

OTM Al
03-30-2013, 07:26 PM
yes I'm aware of that, but what is your point? that they would speed up the process if they had betting?

Well, the priorities would be a bit different wouldn't they? As soon as the first four placings are done, you can register the playoffs. When that doesn't matter, you set all the placings, make sure there is no foul anywhere in the field, and then release the results, which of course aren't going directly into a tote, so the tote company has to take them, make sure they agree with what happened, and then figure out the playoffs. I hit the Duty Free. It took ten minutes or so, but since I realize how it works, I wasn't put out at all.

iceknight
03-30-2013, 07:41 PM
Never mind? I didnt realize i was talking to you.Um then maybe you should use PM instead of writing on a message board.

ArlJim78
03-30-2013, 07:42 PM
it doesn't bother me how long it takes either, I just think it has nothing to do with the absence of betting. Australia routinely takes like 10 minutes to go official.

cj
03-30-2013, 07:45 PM
Seriously, is this really the crap you guys want to discuss after such a great race? SMH.

plainolebill
03-30-2013, 09:35 PM
I was thrilled to see him win; cheered for one I considered the home team; but...

Three of today's races at Meydan today were won by Kentucky breds.

PaceAdvantage
03-30-2013, 09:37 PM
Never mind? I didnt realize i was talking to you.Around here, you're always talking to me...

PaceAdvantage
03-30-2013, 09:38 PM
I don't really care about what the semantics are, i just know that it shouldnt take forever to put up the prices. Just put up the prices in a timely fashion, its not that hard.It's easier just to say "I was wrong."

Stillriledup
03-30-2013, 09:49 PM
It's easier just to say "I was wrong."

I didnt realize having an opinion on wanting races to be made official while i'm still young was a right or wrong situation. I want quicker officials, if that's wrong of me to want that, than i'm happily wrong.

PaceAdvantage
03-30-2013, 09:50 PM
I didnt realize having an opinion on wanting races to be made official while i'm still young was a right or wrong situation. I want quicker officials, if that's wrong of me to want that, than i'm happily wrong.I know you want to drag this out and make yourself the focus, but you didn't merely state an opinion.

Anyway, how about we get back to the actual race? Novel idea, I know... :rolleyes:

johnhannibalsmith
03-30-2013, 09:56 PM
I didnt realize having an opinion on wanting races to be made official while i'm still young was a right or wrong situation...

Stop it. Nobody gave you any shit over that. It was the ridiculous question about why what Dubai did would affect the betting in America. You got roasted for saying something so silly, obviously. Just get over it, it's too late to delete the post, and posting four more pages of deflection won't make it go away.

Just remember not to resurrect this thread in four years... :D

OTM Al
03-30-2013, 10:01 PM

Not surprising really. The big international operations have a strong presence there and a few US sires are well represented internationally. Speightstown is seen frequently and it looks like Hard Spun has a growing presence as well for a couple of examples.

Leparoux
03-30-2013, 11:08 PM
Very nice point about the breeding.

Throw in the absence of Lasix, the Tapeta surface, and how far the US-based horses are shipped and I still struggle to figure out how to analyze this race and its results.
All that aside, Animal Kingdom IS an American based horse and so it is okay to say we stopped the losing streak today.

CincyHorseplayer
03-31-2013, 12:52 AM
Man,just watched a serious brawl on HBO,today saw Dreaming of Julia's tour de force,but at day's end nothing was more impressive than Animal Kingdom.That horse has provided me personally a lot of thrills and some greenbacks.Today was as good as it gets.A stalk and romp probably isn't an oft occurring thing over there is it?Anyway,impressed nonetheless!I like and trust betting the Europeans when they come over here on turf,I'm A Dreamer,George Vancouver,and Nahrain come immediately to mind.It is nice to see us return the favor!:cool:

KingChas
03-31-2013, 08:26 AM
All that aside, Animal Kingdom IS an American based horse and so it is okay to say we stopped the losing streak today.

Technically no, he was listed as Australian.

"Messara accepted the trophy for the world's richest horse from United Arab Emirates Prime Minister Sheikh Mohammed bin Rashid al Maktoum as the Australian national anthem was being played in the background."

Guess we get to list it as USA*............................... :D

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/superracing/animal-kingdom-could-be-destined-for-campaign-down-under-after-dubai-world-cup-triumph/story-fn67tkww-1226609860470

burnsy
03-31-2013, 08:35 AM
yes im redbording ;)
had 300$ TO WIN 200$ SHOW BUT WHATEVEVR :cool:

Don't have to redboard.....said Animal Kingdom was the only "american" horse that could or would win days ago.......people are saying we did good because we won one....the other horses were just what i said they would be (days ago) "also rans" and everyone of them was overbet...as usual. Two exactas, late double, late pic 3 and another great Dubai day....like taking candy......lol. People never learn, our grass horses can't run with those and very few will run well on that Tapeta against horses that train and race on it all the time. Animal Kingdom was the only one that belonged and he proved it! The Godolphins, Mike de Kock and their ilk.....crushed again. Was not that hard to have a really good day, if you faced reality.

UK View
03-31-2013, 11:05 AM
Well,
I had been wanting to back Animal Kingdom at around 8/1 since Christmas in our Ante Post books but wanted to wait til nearer the race!!

Then I stupidly ditched him because he had such an awful draw. This coupled with the poor performance of all the earlier US horses convinced me that he wouldn't win!!

However it was nice to see that the best horse actually won the race for once!! :)

Top Horse, where will he go next?

Cholly
03-31-2013, 11:12 AM
you've got a good point--i confess i'm prone to hair trigger criticism of the domestic breeding industry for what i consider to be drug dependent ways.

btw, equibase doesn't seem to carry any charts for the Meydan races; who were the 3 KY-based sires of the winners you mentioned?

Tom
03-31-2013, 11:32 AM
Animal Kingdom LOST his last race.....and the world did not end!
When they write his legacy, he will be remembered for winning the Derby and the World Cup. The loss will not be remembered.

A lesson a few owners/trainers could stand to learn.

castaway01
03-31-2013, 12:14 PM
When they write his legacy, he will be remembered for winning the Derby and the World Cup. The loss will not be remembered.

First of all, I loved and hated the last four pages of this thread.

Second, you're right about Animal Kingdom's legacy---who knows if Motion planned the preps this way, but if he did it was brilliant. Great horse, great training job. The man knows what he's doing. It was a pleasure to watch.

plainolebill
03-31-2013, 02:52 PM
btw, equibase doesn't seem to carry any charts for the Meydan races; who were the 3 KY-based sires of the winners you mentioned?

No charts but result can be found under stakes results>foreign>click date.

It lists the breeding of the top 3 finishers in each race.

Leroidesanimaux, Speightstown, War Front.

PatCummings
03-31-2013, 05:10 PM
Just wanted to shed some light - internationally, a race is not really declared "official" but rather, "weighed in."

And true to the name, provided everything else is in good order, the race won't be "weighed in" until the winning jockey does just that.

In Dubai, the stewards watch the race from their high viewing stand on the sixth floor of the grandstand, and go downstairs after every race - one observes the process, one is at the scales with the clerk of scales, and one will question returning jockeys if there is anything relative to the races or performance.

All dialogue is recorded in the minutes, published weekly, and forever imprinted in the charts of each race. For example, six jockeys were fined for whip rule violations and three got suspensions from the DWC meeting, including 5 days for Jamie Spencer for cutting off Little Mike.

On another confused point, in Singapore and Hong Kong, for example, they put up every single payout once the order is confirmed - it blinks on monitors and infield boards and when declared "weighed in," the payoffs stop blinking and are confirmed.

PaceAdvantage
03-31-2013, 06:03 PM
Thanks for the info Pat, and nice call on Animal Kingdom's last work!

Tom
03-31-2013, 06:25 PM
Yes, thanks, Pat.
I used your analysis and CJ's numbers to have a pleasant day yesterday.

Do you have a link on your site for the charts?

dilanesp
03-31-2013, 08:55 PM
Read my lips - they don't CARE about the prices.
They DO NOT bet in Dubai.
Once the race is over, nothing is important other than the celebration and the photos.

Well, I wouldn't QUITE say that. The folks over there have been known to execute the occasional betting coup in the foreign pools every now and then....

iceknight
03-31-2013, 09:13 PM

I wanted to add an extra word that so far Animal Kingdom (except for not-his-fault-at-all- Belmont) has finished 1 or 2 in all his races. Speaks a lot to this horse's amazing ability and his trainer's superb acumen wrt this horse!

PhantomOnTour
03-31-2013, 09:29 PM
I loved it when track announcer Terry Spargo came with,
"The Derby winner! Animal Kingdom in front with 200m to go..."

PatCummings
04-01-2013, 04:14 AM
Thanks for the info Pat, and nice call on Animal Kingdom's last work!

He just looked like a happy horse, I didn't pick him, but certainly didn't mind losing to him - thought all the Americans looked good, and that he might actually have been doing too much, but as my post-race report will discuss, he ran a superstar race.

PatCummings
04-01-2013, 04:53 AM
Yes, thanks, Pat.
I used your analysis and CJ's numbers to have a pleasant day yesterday.

Do you have a link on your site for the charts?

Glad to help, Tom. Use the following link for the most "US-style" charts you'll find.

http://www.dubairacingclub.com/race/racing-info/trakus-chart

precocity
04-01-2013, 08:39 AM
Don't have to redboard.....said Animal Kingdom was the only "american" horse that could or would win days ago.......people are saying we did good because we won one....the other horses were just what i said they would be (days ago) "also rans" and everyone of them was overbet...as usual. Two exactas, late double, late pic 3 and another great Dubai day....like taking candy......lol. People never learn, our grass horses can't run with those and very few will run well on that Tapeta against horses that train and race on it all the time. Animal Kingdom was the only one that belonged and he proved it! The Godolphins, Mike de Kock and their ilk.....crushed again. Was not that hard to have a really good day, if you faced reality.

common man it was a drunk redboard only time i drink in the morning :cool:

Valuist
04-01-2013, 09:43 AM
I'd like to see Lopresti aim for the 2014 DWC with Wise Dan. It can be argued that he is better on synthetic than turf. He only ran the highest Beyer figure ever on synthetic. I know 1 1/4 miles isn't his best distance, but he'd probably get a cozy, soft pace to be near the lead.