PDA

View Full Version : HSH upgrade

Slider
04-14-2001, 05:08 AM
I just got a look at an upcoming HSH (horsestreet handicapping) program upgrade. I have been begging for a way to play exactas and trifectas. Dave gave me an early peep at what is coming up at the seminar next month. HSH WILL PUT TOGETHER EXACTA AND TRIFECTA TICKETS. It is in the early stages. I ran one card through it late tonight and wanted to share the findings. (Have to tell someone and the wife will kill me if I wake her the family up to tell them.)
I did Thursdays card at Bay Meadows and it had 4 exactas out of 7 races. Total payoffs are $48.80 and total cost is $18 for $1 exacta tickets. That is a profit of $30.80 for only $1 base bets. The trifectas were 1 out of 3 bets for a net profit of $5.
Yeah, I am kindna excited. I can pick winners with anybody but, I am lousy with the underside of exacta and trifecta tickets. I get kidded at my satellite center about it.
Just wait till I start hitting them with ease now that its in HSH. I will keep you posted on the progress but It Looks real good now.
Slider

JimG
04-14-2001, 09:09 AM
You need some sleep<g>. Seriously, I think that is an interesting area Dave is working on. The underside of exacta and tri tickets are one of the hardest things to get a handle on.

In my opinion it is so difficult that most software does not attempt to tackle the equation. Work Horse tried a few years back but it is no longer being sold.

It will be interesting to see how you progress. If it is pushbutton without user input, the prices will go down significantly if it begins to turn a significant profit.

Good Luck

Jim

Dave Schwartz
04-14-2001, 06:11 PM
JimG,

LOL - I don't know how to build a program where the user does not make choices. <G>

Druther
04-14-2001, 06:38 PM
Thank God for that, Dave.

Slider
04-15-2001, 04:32 AM
You were right Jim, sleep helped.
And it does work better with some simple handicapping.
Three bets at Santa Anita produced $46 exacta and $121 trifecta NET profits for the day.
I bombed at Bay Meadows lost $17 in exactas and trifectas. It was a good day overall.
Nice side part is the strength of the top choices as stand alone win bets.