PDA

View Full Version : Aqu Pace

MightBeSosa
03-23-2013, 01:55 PM
3rd race 1st 1/4 in 24?

Bet you could have gotten 100-1 on that in the stands.

Stillriledup
03-23-2013, 02:13 PM
Not with these guys, its gentlemens racing there, whoever falls out on the lead the challenging guy makes sure to stay out of his way, happens all the time there, seems like 4 out of 5 races guys do whatever they can to not hinder the guy who gets the lead.

cj
03-23-2013, 02:17 PM
Not with these guys, its gentlemens racing there, whoever falls out on the lead the challenging guy makes sure to stay out of his way, happens all the time there, seems like 4 out of 5 races guys do whatever they can to not hinder the guy who gets the lead.

Sad, but true.

Stillriledup
03-23-2013, 02:26 PM
Sad, but true.

It is sad, nothing like the So Cal jock colony...in So Cal, those guys GO, they put their horses in the races aggressively...at Big A, guys ride 6F races like they're going a mile and a half.

PhantomOnTour
03-23-2013, 04:01 PM
Very windy today at the Big A - maybe that had something to do with the pedestrian first 1/4 time...??

cj
03-23-2013, 04:03 PM
Very windy today at the Big A - maybe that had something to do with the pedestrian first 1/4 time...??

Probably, but it isn't like anyone was challenging either...that is his point I think.

Stillriledup
03-23-2013, 04:07 PM

Its almost always windy there, these guys ride the same all the time, this is a place (without Ramon) where you'll rarely, if ever, see a jock take the bull by the horns and aggressively go to the lead and try and steal a race, you can tell there's very little 'handicapping' done by these guys, the gate opens and they just 'fall into place' from their natural running styles and sit there like an old time harness race. This is why Julissa Laredo has 5 wins at the meet, no way a jock who sits on a horse like her would ever have 5 wins at Santa Anita because she wouldnt get 5 'clear leads' without being pressured....she can steal races in NY because of the sleepy riding styles of most of these riders.

It is what it is, when handicapping, you have to keep this stuff in mind, its nothing like West Coast racing.

MightBeSosa
03-23-2013, 04:18 PM
kinda cool

http://www.iwindsurf.com/windandwhere.iws?regionID=105&siteID=668

Stillriledup
03-23-2013, 04:27 PM
kinda cool

http://www.iwindsurf.com/windandwhere.iws?regionID=105&siteID=668

That is interesting, good find MBS! :ThmbUp:

Tom
03-23-2013, 04:51 PM
They miss turf racing so much in NY that they run all their races like they were mile and a half turf routes.

Worst collective jockey colony I have ever seen.

What is with this game- trainers won't enter their horses, jockeys won't push them when they do. what do these guys want to do, play checkers?

PhantomOnTour
03-23-2013, 04:54 PM
Then we get a four wide war into the first turn in R9 and they go 22.7 for the first 1/4m... :lol:

cj
03-23-2013, 05:05 PM
Then we get a four wide war into the first turn in R9 and they go 22.7 for the first 1/4m... :lol:

I was thinking the same thing as they headed towards the turn!

Robert Fischer
03-23-2013, 05:08 PM
it is a tough colony to bet right now.

The Ortiz brothers may be the best of the bunch.

Alvarado and Cornelio are generally reliable.

I have a hard time using some of the others.

Stillriledup
03-23-2013, 05:36 PM

These guys are reading PA in between races, what else could it be?

One race out of every 5 you get some ridiculous duel that makes you scratch your head and the other races, its sleepy time. :sleeping:

Stillriledup
03-23-2013, 05:39 PM
it is a tough colony to bet right now.

The Ortiz brothers may be the best of the bunch.

Alvarado and Cornelio are generally reliable.

I have a hard time using some of the others.

Not a huge fan of the Alvarado guy or the Cornelio guy, but they win quite a lot of races, no way i'd put either guy on down if i owned horses on that circuit, i'd lose with Pierre Tomas, Kiebar Koa, Mike Luzzi or D Cohen.

Stillriledup
03-23-2013, 05:41 PM
They miss turf racing so much in NY that they run all their races like they were mile and a half turf routes.

Worst collective jockey colony I have ever seen.

What is with this game- trainers won't enter their horses, jockeys won't push them when they do. what do these guys want to do, play checkers?

Totally agree.

tzipi
03-23-2013, 09:20 PM

It's so true. You can just throw out the program or DRF because it's pointless here. Jockeys with better speed horses for some reason will allow a slower horse the lead and then sit back and watch him walk :confused:

cj
03-24-2013, 01:52 AM
Just as the wind affected the sprints, it made the 1/4 look faster than it really was in the route. It wasn't a suicidal pace in my opinion. It was honest.