PDA

View Full Version : high energy drinks

lamboguy
03-22-2013, 09:32 AM
could be dangerous. in life there is no such thing as a free lunch. when you do things to your body that are un-natural, you could have problems down the road

http://thinkprogress.org/health/2012/11/15/1194451/energy-drinks-dangerous/?mobile=nc

Tom
03-22-2013, 10:15 AM
5 Hour Energy - been very very good to me.
I love the stuff. Really works with no side effects or let down.

TJDave
03-22-2013, 03:10 PM
Monster or Red Bull?

Valuist
03-22-2013, 03:15 PM
I can't drink em. Not supposed to have caffeine either. When simulcasting first started in the mid 90s, I had several episodes of irregular heartbeats. I thought I was going to have to stop betting racing. But I was drinking lots of Diet Coke. When I stopped the caffeine, the irregular heartbeats went away.

lamboguy
03-22-2013, 03:24 PM
I can't drink em. Not supposed to have caffeine either. When simulcasting first started in the mid 90s, I had several episodes of irregular heartbeats. I thought I was going to have to stop betting racing. But I was drinking lots of Diet Coke. When I stopped the caffeine, the irregular heartbeats went away.GOOD MAN

RaceBookJoe
03-22-2013, 03:30 PM
I can't drink em. Not supposed to have caffeine either. When simulcasting first started in the mid 90s, I had several episodes of irregular heartbeats. I thought I was going to have to stop betting racing. But I was drinking lots of Diet Coke. When I stopped the caffeine, the irregular heartbeats went away.

Even better that you stayed away from the aspertame in the diet crap too.

Robert Fischer
03-22-2013, 03:36 PM
taurine is one of the active ingredients along with a hefty dose of caffeine.

the taurine works in different ways with your system, which basically amount to burning up chemicals differently than your body normally does.

With regular use it becomes yet another addictive substance that strains your body much like what caffeine does to you.