PDA

View Full Version : Arizona to vote on accepting Gold and Silver as legal tender?

so.cal.fan
03-21-2013, 11:37 AM
http://www.mineweb.com/mineweb/content/en/mineweb-political-economy?oid=182807&sn=Detail

The article says they already do this in Utah?

My question is: who determines to price of gold and silver?
I'm sure there are a lot more questions.......

BlueShoe
03-22-2013, 10:36 AM
Have to wonder if this is more a political gesture than a serious intention. Arizona has long been at odds with the Feds over the illegal immigration issue and is still pretty conservative. Jan Brewer, whom I greatly admire for her courage in openly confronting our Bolshevik president, still regards her Constitutional obligations in a serious manner. :ThmbUp:

TJDave
03-22-2013, 03:13 PM
Arizona is a joke.

A clown circus.

BlueShoe
03-22-2013, 03:43 PM
Arizona is a joke.
A joke? If so, how i wish that California was half as funny. Arizona does many things right that the Blue States do not.

classhandicapper
03-22-2013, 03:58 PM
This is a step in the right direction, but it falls way short of what is needed. All this does is say that gold owners do not have to pay capital gains tax on the sale of their US gold coins. That's a good thing, but you still can't really transact in gold because it only applies to US minted coins (not foreign gold coins etc..) and the value of those coins is whatever the face value of the coin is, not the value of the actual gold. So no one would ever actually transact using a gold coin and get less value for the coin than the value of the gold (unless they are crazy).

What we really need is a true alternative to worthless government paper fiat money.

TJDave
03-22-2013, 04:08 PM
What we really need is a true alternative to worthless government paper fiat money.

I'll take all that worthless money off your hands.

Valuist
03-22-2013, 04:19 PM

Well said. :ThmbUp:

JustRalph
03-22-2013, 07:50 PM
Arizona is a joke.

A clown circus.

Autonomy practiced outside the bounds and rigors of Obama's America now qualifies as a clown circus.

TJDave
03-23-2013, 01:54 AM
Autonomy practiced outside the bounds and rigors of Obama's America now qualifies as a clown circus.

Why would you say that?

My remarks were about Arizona and the clowns who run it.

And....I don't subscribe to Obama's anything.