PDA

View Full Version : Liberal Excuses Required

badcompany
03-20-2013, 08:01 AM
http://articles.latimes.com/2013/mar/18/business/la-fi-cal-jobs-20130319

California unemployment rate holds at 9.8%, highest in U.S.

California's jobless rate was unchanged at 9.8% in January for the second straight month, and that lack of improvement put the Golden State in a tie with Rhode Island for the worst unemployment in the U.S.

---------------

You want less people on food stamps, then support policies which will achieve that goal; higher minimum wage, stronger unions, higher taxes with incentives to reinvest in your business.

California is a state which has all of the aforementioned characteristics with natural resources to boot, yet its performance can only be described as unsatisfactory.

My guess is that you all have many wonderful explanations for these seemingly contradictory results.

MPRanger
03-20-2013, 08:23 AM

California's jobless rate was unchanged at 9.8% in January for the second straight month, and that lack of improvement put the Golden State in a tie with Rhode Island for the worst unemployment in the U.S.

Basically, it's Bush's fault.
And the San Andreas fault, that's his fault too.

Let's see .... tax and tax and tax and spend and spend and spend.
(read marxism - redistribute the wealth)

Drive away businesses. Encourage illegal immigration. Denigrate decency.
I don't know why it's not working. :rolleyes:

lamboguy
03-20-2013, 08:24 AM
the weather and the beautiful coastline does not sell any more in California. when i was a young kid i remember everyone wanting to move to the west coast. today all i hear are people moving to places like North Carolina, Texas, Florida, Montana, and Tennessee.

California never had to compete against anyone. today they keep raising taxes and scare everyone away from the place. the gasoline prices are high there too.

mostpost
03-20-2013, 12:34 PM
http://articles.latimes.com/2013/mar/18/business/la-fi-cal-jobs-20130319

---------------

California is a state which has all of the aforementioned characteristics with natural resources to boot, yet its performance can only be described as unsatisfactory.

My guess is that you all have many wonderful explanations for these seemingly contradictory results.
Sorry, we don't do excuses, we do facts. The fact is your post is full of baloney. Yes, California's Unemployment rate is at 9.8% and that is tied for highest in the country. But the same story you posted also said the California had the second highest in the country in payroll job growth. 266,100 jobs were created in California in January. Only Texas created more.

So why did the unemployment rate remain the same in the face of all those new jobs. I would say it is because many people who had given up on looking for work have now returned to the job seeking force.

Previously, I said:

Originally Posted by mostpost
You want less people on food stamps, then support policies which will achieve that goal; higher minimum wage, stronger unions, higher taxes with incentives to reinvest in your business.

higher minimum wage
California does have a higher minimum wage than all but a few states. That does not mean it is an optimal minimum wage. The cost of living is higher in California than in most of those other states. Also California has not increased its minimum wage since 2008. When I say "Higher minimum wage", I don't mean higher than other states which do not compare economically; I mean higher than it is now.

stronger unions
Stronger private sector unions is what I should have said. Private sector unions are strong nowhere in the United States and they are the ones which guarantee that fair wages are paid.

higher taxes with incentives to reinvest in your business.
I know when a conservative sees "Higher taxes" his mind shuts down and he doesn't see anything else. Read the whole thing. It means we are going to charge you this tax rate which is higher than you have been paying. But, if you do this and that to expand your business and hire more workers, we are going to charge you a lower rate. If you do enough thises and thats, you may end up paying less than you were previously.

You see, the Republican idea that lowering taxes is not a bad one if handled properly. Just giving a reduction and hoping it will be used to stimulate growth is wishful thinking. Tying the reduction to specific actions on the part of the business owner is the way to go.

badcompany
03-20-2013, 12:52 PM
Sorry, we don't do excuses, we do facts. The fact is your post is full of baloney. Yes, California's Unemployment rate is at 9.8% and that is tied for highest in the country. But the same story you posted also said the California had the second highest in the country in payroll job growth. 266,100 jobs were created in California in January. Only Texas created more.

I knew you would bring this up. I also knew you would conveniently leave out the FACT that California is, by far, the most populous state. Texas has 12 million fewer people, yet it created more jobs.

See how Cal does in Job Growth per capita, then get back to me.

Tom
03-20-2013, 01:14 PM
Even Bill Maher is giving up on California.

Careful mostie, this contains truthful material that be be offensive to some readers. :D

http://www.thehollywoodgossip.com/2013/03/bill-maher-on-california-tax-rate-liberals-you-may-actually-lose/

Even Bill Maher is feeling the sting of California's new income tax rates.
"Liberals,” he said on a recent broadcast, "you could actually lose me.”

Maher responded, somewhat uncharacteristically: “You know what? Rich people - I’m sure you’d agree with this - do pay the freight in this country.”

classhandicapper
03-20-2013, 02:18 PM
Even Bill Maher is giving up on California.

Careful mostie, this contains truthful material that be be offensive to some readers. :D

http://www.thehollywoodgossip.com/2013/03/bill-maher-on-california-tax-rate-liberals-you-may-actually-lose/

What's that saying about a squirrel and a nut? But in this case I guess we aren't talking about the squirrel. We are talking about the nut. ;)

delayjf
03-20-2013, 11:31 PM
higher taxes with incentives to reinvest in your business.

Could you repost the link you posted that supports the theory that high taxes motivates employeers to high more workers.