PDA

View Full Version : Obummy goes to Israel

Tom
03-18-2013, 03:43 PM
Hope he gets the reception he deserves.
He is polling at 10% favorable there - those folks are FAR smarter than most Americans. They have balls, too, unlike 90% of us.

Would be funny as hell to see Obummy shouted down and driven off stage by an unruly mob showing no respect at all for him, which is appropriate.

Robert Goren
03-18-2013, 03:55 PM
He is polling at 10% favorable there - those folks are FAR smarter than most Americans. They have balls, too, unlike 90% of us.

Would be funny as hell to see Obummy shouted down and driven off stage by an unruly mob showing no respect at all for him, which is appropriate.That still higher than the American Congress!:rolleyes:

Tom
03-18-2013, 03:56 PM
No wonder - full of democrats!
But,
Obummy is supposed to be a world leader.
Israel saw through that lie.

He is a coward and a failure. And a murderer.
High crimes - isn't murder a high crime?

Robert Goren
03-18-2013, 03:59 PM
No wonder - full of democrats!There are republicans in congress than democrats.

LottaKash
03-18-2013, 03:59 PM
Dome of the Rock "pilgrimage", would be my guess...:jump:

horses4courses
03-18-2013, 04:05 PM
http://i2.cdn.turner.com/cnn/dam/assets/130318121404-israel-sign-story-top.jpg

redshift1
03-18-2013, 04:33 PM
He is polling at 10% favorable there - those folks are FAR smarter than most Americans.

IQ levels are remarkably consistent across all geo-political boundaries.

Although, to be fair, self-propagating closed gene pools may be at a distinct disadvantage against more open liberal gene pools.

Robert Fischer
03-18-2013, 04:53 PM
Would be funny as hell to see Obummy shouted down and driven off stage by an unruly mob showing no respect at all for him, which is appropriate.

When "Obummy" is replaced after the next presidential election, and the next figurehead(probably republican) takes his place, things will be changed significantly for the better.

Because whenever the USA changes presidents, the conglomerates who run the global and national economic systems happily cede their power, and play musical chairs..... :rolleyes:

JustRalph
03-18-2013, 07:14 PM

Although, to be fair, self-propagating closed gene pools may be at a distinct disadvantage against more open liberal gene pools.

Slick fancy words. :lol: Why didn't you just call Tom a retard

boxcar
03-18-2013, 07:19 PM

If we're lucky, some Israeli will throw a shoe at him at one of his speeches. That would be a precious sight to behold.

Boxcar

cj's dad
03-18-2013, 09:29 PM
Hoping the Israelis will step up to the plate and show the rest of the world what a failed leader he is.

Tom
03-18-2013, 10:49 PM

Every pool has a shallow end.
-----Tom 3/17/13

Tom
03-18-2013, 10:50 PM

That was put up the citizens? :rolleyes:

Dave Schwartz
03-18-2013, 11:19 PM
He is polling at 10% favorable there - those folks are FAR smarter than most Americans.

Just the other day I was having a conversation with my cousin. He is married to a Sabra, and they lived in Israel for many years. Understand that he is a staunch conservative (and his wife is equally enamored to the left side).

Anyway, he insists that they absolutely LOVE Obama in Israel.

TJDave
03-18-2013, 11:59 PM
That was put up the citizens? :rolleyes:

The government. The Hebrew words in red corresponding to "Unbreakable Alliance" translate as "Covenant of People/s".

TJDave
03-19-2013, 12:12 AM
Anyway, he insists that they absolutely LOVE Obama in Israel.

That's way closer than the 10% figure quoted at the top of the thread. LOVE is probably an overstatement, though. Most admire even when they disagree with his policies. Ironically, most hate Netanyahu even when in agreement.

redshift1
03-19-2013, 03:15 AM
Every pool has a shallow end.
-----Tom 3/17/13

Water seeks its own level.

Tom
03-19-2013, 07:25 AM
Better get your waders on, then.

dartman51
03-19-2013, 10:17 AM

Looks like Obama's advance team made it there. :D

Ocala Mike
03-20-2013, 12:53 PM
Looks like most of your wishes/predictions came true, guys, except the disrespect and shoe-throwing came from the Palestinians, not the Israelis.

Tom
03-20-2013, 01:11 PM
We'll take what we can get.
If it would help, I would FedEx a shoe over there. :D

JustRalph
03-20-2013, 09:50 PM

http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Journalism/2013/03/20/Jerusalem-Post-Editor--We-Dont-Know-What-Hes-Doing-Here

They sure love him.............

TJDave
03-21-2013, 03:39 AM
They sure love him.............

The Jerusalem Post has a circulation about the size of Waxahachie. I'd expect the readership of Breitbart wouldn't know.

But I'll bet Breitbart's management does. ;)

newtothegame
03-21-2013, 04:40 AM
Not exatly sure who Maagar Mohot institute are but these re there numbers.....

"
President Obama has said (http://www.politico.com/politico44/2013/03/white-house-obama-skipping-knesset-to-speak-to-israeli-159369.html?hp=r19)he wants to speak directly with the Israeli people and reinforce his support for Israel during his trip there next week.

He may have some serious talking to do. A new poll (http://www.nrg.co.il/online/1/ART2/452/403.html?hp=1&cat=402&loc=57)of Israelis conducted by Maagar Mohot Institute and Israeli daily Maariv found that 38 percent believe he is hostile to Israel and 14 percent believe he is indifferent. Only a third think he is supportive.

In addition, Obama is facing steep unfavorable ratings in the country, the poll found. Some 32 percent said they don’t like him but respect him, 19 percent view him unfavorably and 17 percent have a highly unfavorable opinion of him.

Perhaps the most daunting number for Obama in the poll: Only 10 percent view him favorably."

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2013/03/16/poll-only-10-of-israelis-view-obama-favorably-and-38-believe-hes-hostile/

newtothegame
03-21-2013, 04:44 AM
I would also add that it depends on where you go for your info....

""There are distinct warming trends toward the United States in Israeli opinion and, somewhat surprisingly, toward President Obama," said Steven Kull the other primary investigator. Sixty percent of Israelis now have a positive view of President Obama. Among Israeli Jews, positive views have risen over the past year from 54% to 62%. President Obama is identified as the most admired leaders by more Israeli Jews than any other leader."

http://www.worldpublicopinion.org/

JustRalph
03-21-2013, 02:06 PM
The Jerusalem Post has a circulation about the size of Waxahachie. I'd expect the readership of Breitbart wouldn't know.

But I'll bet Breitbart's management does. ;)

Point taken. I wasn't aware. Thanks

HUSKER55
03-21-2013, 05:15 PM
the news says that Obama think Palestine deserves their own state.

is that going to hurt, help or do nothing?

just asking.

newtothegame
03-21-2013, 08:59 PM
I watched his speech this morning in Jeruseleum (sp).
It's easy to see why Obama is captivating (if you have never heard his political speeches). The guy has charm and charisma...no denying that!
But, I will say for most of the first part of his speech, he was endearing and showed plenty of empathy for the jewish and their plights for peace.
Then, he (admittedly) goes off script and begin to talk about Palestinian statehood. I started thinking he was on a political tour again. he showed much more passion, at least t me, when speaking of the palestinian plight then he had for the Isrealis. You could see where his heart felt feelings were (again, at least to me).
But, all in all, its easy to see why this guy can captivate people.....
Problem is his words rarely reflect his actions!

LottaKash
03-21-2013, 09:11 PM
I watched his speech this morning in Jeruseleum (sp).
Then, he (admittedly) goes off script and begin to talk about Palestinian statehood. I started thinking he was on a political tour again.Problem is his words rarely reflect his actions!

I was listening to Rush for a wee bit this afternoon and this is what he thought of oBummy's speech..

Parphrasing; "It was like Colonel Sanders preaching to the "chickens" about what was about to happen next..":jump:

Tom
03-21-2013, 09:45 PM
Which Obama spoke today?
If Satan had a son, would he look this?

elysiantraveller
03-21-2013, 10:14 PM
the news says that Obama think Palestine deserves their own state.

is that going to hurt, help or do nothing?

just asking.

Its not going to do anything, despite the random conjecture of some of the anti-obama people on here thus far the two state solution has been the one proposed by every US president since 1967...

The two-state solution is the only possible viable solution...

mostpost
03-22-2013, 01:04 AM
Hope he gets the reception he deserves..
You will be happy to learn that he did. Standing ovations at his speeches. Warm words from Peres and Netanyahu, and he was given the Presidential Medal Of Distinction from Shimon Peres.

I read that President Obama was the first sitting American President to receive the award, which I thought was very impressive. I mean George W. Bush never got it. Bill Clinton never got it. Ronald Reagan never got it. Jimmy Carter never got it. Then I read that the award was given out for the first time last year. So maybe not quite as impressive as I thought.

PaceAdvantage
03-22-2013, 01:21 AM
You will be happy to learn that he did. Standing ovations at his speeches. Warm words from Peres and Netanyahu, and he was given the Presidential Medal Of Distinction from Shimon Peres.

I read that President Obama was the first sitting American President to receive the award, which I thought was very impressive. I mean George W. Bush never got it. Bill Clinton never got it. Ronald Reagan never got it. Jimmy Carter never got it. Then I read that the award was given out for the first time last year. So maybe not quite as impressive as I thought.You didn't mention the heckler? Probably a Republican plant...maybe a Tea Party guy even... :lol:

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/post-politics/wp/2013/03/21/obama-heckled-in-israel/

Tom
03-22-2013, 07:37 AM
He looked so presidential standing under the portrait of Arafat.
Like he fit right in.

hcap
03-22-2013, 10:48 AM
Which Obama spoke today?
If Satan had a son, would he look this?

More like this

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_k9YRGIDlJZw/S5DwR1SuX0I/AAAAAAAACfc/WvykSiioesM/s400/Bush+Monkey.jpg

mostpost
03-22-2013, 01:12 PM
You didn't mention the heckler? Probably a Republican plant...maybe a Tea Party guy even... :lol:

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/post-politics/wp/2013/03/21/obama-heckled-in-israel/
You're right. There was a heckler, and when Obama put him in his place he got a standing "O"" from the audience.

mostpost
03-22-2013, 01:21 PM
He looked so presidential standing under the portrait of Arafat.
Like he fit right in.
When you are trying to broker a peace, you don't talk to just one side. Talking to the Palestinians is just as important as talking to the Israelis; maybe more important.

Tom
03-22-2013, 02:12 PM
When you are trying to broker a peace, you don't talk to just one side. Talking to the Palestinians is just as important as talking to the Israelis; maybe more important.

When you trying to broker a peace deal, you don;t validate known terrorists. Arafat was a murdering POS and is the Palestinians are holding him in some kind of respect, the effort of peace is a waste of time. Obama can't handle our borders, he has no business meddling in other people's affairs.

Tom
03-22-2013, 02:38 PM

http://www.camera.org/index.asp?x_article=795&x_context=7

– July 2000: Arafat rejects peace settlement offered by Israeli Prime Minister Ehud Barak, which would have led to a Palestinian state.

Talk is cheap. If you are trying to have peace, you need both sides to wnat it. We only have one side here.

GaryG
03-22-2013, 03:29 PM
July 2000: Arafat rejects peace settlement offered by Israeli Prime Minister Ehud Barak, which would have led to a Palestinian state.The Palestinians want nothing short of the destruction of Israel. They will not stop their terror attacks until they have been put in their place. That should have been done years ago.

PaceAdvantage
03-24-2013, 03:37 AM
You're right. There was a heckler, and when Obama put him in his place he got a standing "O"" from the audience.You fail to mention that these audiences were pre-screened and packed with those sympathetic to Obama's views. Well, except for the heckler who slipped through the screening process I guess...

This from the MSN/NBC NEWS website, hardly a bastion of right-wing support, so I trust them when they report:

His speech to Israeli students Thursday, who were carefully vetted to make sure they were in political agreement with him, was greeted numerous times by applause and a few standing ovations.

http://worldnews.nbcnews.com/_news/2013/03/23/17417134-has-obamas-mideast-trip-changed-the-game-on-the-ground?lite&ocid=msnhp&pos=5

Tom
03-24-2013, 09:36 AM
Aren't ALL of Obama's speeches pre-screened, scripted, and televised on his prompter? Ever since Joe the Plumber made him look like a fool that time.... :lol: :lol: :lol:

Face it, the prez has no balls, he is a coward.

LottaKash
03-24-2013, 11:44 AM
AND, what an abomination, with our Potus making his speech beneath a gigantic picture of Yassir Arrafat, who is one of the greatest scumbags who ever lived....

I mean Arrafat was responsible for so many thousands of deaths of innocents, hijacking airliners, not to mention the deaths of the Israeli Olympic team....and yet that JO had the nerve to abscond with $900 million dollars of US money and have it put into his personal account, while even now after his death, the wife he left behind, is living in luxury in France, all thanks to the good ole USA....yikes...what a world...

I just cannot understand how any POTUS would pose in front of that monster's photo...What a signal...

dartman51
03-24-2013, 07:20 PM
Maybe he should show them his NOBEL PEACE PRIZE, then they would realize who they are dealing with. That should bring them all together in a PEACE deal. :rolleyes: