PDA

View Full Version : The RNC: they still don't get it.

DJofSD
03-18-2013, 10:06 AM
http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2013-03-18/republican-review-of-election-loss-calls-for-dozens-of-changes.html

“There’s no one reason we lost,” RNC Chairman Reince Priebus, 41, said this morning at the National Press Club in Washington. “Our message was weak, our ground game was insufficient, we weren’t inclusive, we were behind in both data and digital, and our primary and debate process needed improvement.”

Leadership of the RNC should take a look in the mirror. It's not their approach, policies or candidates. It is them.

"We've seen the emeny and he is us."

Tom
03-18-2013, 10:57 AM
They will not win any elections without the support and participation of the conservative wing. Without them the repubs are nothing. The conservatives need a better vehicle than the GOP. Last two elections, they did not put up a conservative. They lost. This will continue. Becoming ore like libs will not help a bit. They need to take it tot he libs at every opportunity - they need to come out fighting and stay on topic - do not even acknowledge libs when they try to change the discussions.

Romney had a great first debate, then backed off. It cost him the election.
You NEVER say anything good about your opponent - your destroy your opponent, his reputation. He should have wlaked over and took Candy Crowley's mike and thrown it on the floor!

And most of all, you dumb it down so Joe-Average can understand. This is not your Daddy's electorate. These are very LIV's.

johnhannibalsmith
03-18-2013, 11:12 AM
http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2013-03-18/republican-review-of-election-loss-calls-for-dozens-of-changes.html

Leadership of the RNC should take a look in the mirror. It's not their approach, policies or candidates. It is them.

"We've seen the emeny and he is us."

He forgot about candidate. Maybe that was included in his statement about the primary.

As bad as the RNC and the party in general is, trying to become just like the Democrats in terms of political strategy - which seems to be the bulk of his message there - does NOTHING to help those of us that just want better leadership and more effective government.

Robert Goren
03-18-2013, 11:22 AM
They will not win any elections without the support and participation of the conservative wing. Without them the repubs are nothing. The conservatives need a better vehicle than the GOP. Last two elections, they did not put up a conservative. They lost. This will continue. Becoming ore like libs will not help a bit. They need to take it tot he libs at every opportunity - they need to come out fighting and stay on topic - do not even acknowledge libs when they try to change the discussions.

Romney had a great first debate, then backed off. It cost him the election.
You NEVER say anything good about your opponent - your destroy your opponent, his reputation. He should have wlaked over and took Candy Crowley's mike and thrown it on the floor!

And most of all, you dumb it down so Joe-Average can understand. This is not your Daddy's electorate. These are very LIV's.You are flat out wrong. Romney never had a snowball chance in Hell of winning that election. The "average Joe" saw him for what he was. A spoiled rich kid who got through the primaries because he was the best of a very bad lot. The GOP needs a better candidate if they hope to win. From where I sit, the pickings are pretty slim in 2016, but who knows, maybe somebody will emerge like Bill Clinton did for the Dems in 1992. Maybe a true fiscal conservative with a proven track record without all the social nonsense tied around his neck might have a real chance ala GWB in 2000 if the Dems have trouble coming up with a solid candidate. He would certainly stand a chance against Biden.

MPRanger
03-18-2013, 11:23 AM
The GOP establishment have zero guts. It's all about demographic calculations and targeted marketing. They leave their own to twist in the wind once the democrat/mainstream media attack machine starts. Any republican promoting constitutional government and free market capitalism immediately get demagogued as wanting to starve crippled babies.

The Tea Party was the central force in taking the house from Pelosi only to see it fall into the hands of that cry baby surrender punk John Boehnor. Nobody asked for Boehnor. Where'd he come from?

MPRanger
03-18-2013, 11:25 AM
You are flat out wrong. Romney never had a snowball chance in Hell of winning that election. The "average Joe" saw him for what he was. A spoiled rich kid who got through the primaries because he was the best of a very bad lot. The GOP needs a better candidate if they hope to win. From where I sit, the pickings are pretty slim in 2016, but who knows, maybe somebody will emerge like Bill Clinton did for the Dems in 1992. Maybe a true fiscal conservative with a proven track record without all the social nonsense tied around his neck might have a real chance ala GWB in 2000 if the Dems have trouble coming up with a solid candidate. He would certainly stand a chance against Biden.

I'd say you pretty much nailed it.

Robert Goren
03-18-2013, 11:41 AM
The GOP establishment have zero guts. It's all about demographic calculations and targeted marketing. They leave their own to twist in the wind once the democrat/mainstream media attack machine starts. Any republican promoting constitutional government and free market capitalism immediately get demagogued as wanting to starve crippled babies.

The Tea Party was the central force in taking the house from Pelosi only to see it fall into the hands of that cry baby surrender punk John Boehnor. Nobody asked for Boehnor. Where'd he come from?Beohnor is weakest speaker in my memory, maybe ever. The Tea party has become splintered into several groups and has turned into money making scam in many cases. The conservative movement which had shed its Religious Right image has had it re-appear only to cost it elections. As long as the ROE v Wade nuts keep showing up as candidates, the GOP will have trouble winning elections. The GOP has win on fiscal issues and a strong defense. The problem the GOP has on fiscal issues is the GWB administration ended so badly and the Dems are not going let anybody forget that. They need to make it clear how they would do things differently than he did.

Tom
03-18-2013, 11:56 AM
I am all for Roe v Wade - no greater gift to this nation than the ability of liberals to abort their children. We should make it mandatory.

DJofSD
03-18-2013, 12:06 PM
The GOP establishment have zero guts. It's all about demographic calculations and targeted marketing. They leave their own to twist in the wind once the democrat/mainstream media attack machine starts. I call that being too clever by half.

They believe they can finese a victory when they don't even have the fundamentals down pat. They're heros -- but only in their own minds.

Tom
03-18-2013, 03:37 PM
Now Boehner is saying we do not have a looming debt crisis.

What a total idiot.
Is he really a democrat?
He sounds like one.

And he says he trusted Obama - after the smear and fear campaign of lies......this guy is a complete sell out. We need to vote him out and anyone who remotely supports him.

JustRalph
03-18-2013, 04:10 PM
When over 50 percent of the public will not accept any cut to entitlements, Repubs can't win. End of story.

Republican Governors need to continue their localized battles, luring more and more commerce from blue states and starve the beast.

When the EBT and the unemployment run out in blue states, the wholesale re-thinking that is needed will be accomplished.

I probably won't live to see it.

Mike at A+
03-18-2013, 08:49 PM
Here's the bottom line. If you add together the stupid people, the lazy people, the terminally unskilled people and the people who take advantage of them for political gain, you have a majority. The end. This is not rocket science. Ask not what you can do for your country, ask what the achievers in your country can be forced to do for you.

PaceAdvantage
03-18-2013, 08:50 PM
Beohnor is weakest speaker in my memory, maybe ever. The Tea party has become splintered into several groups and has turned into money making scam in many cases. The conservative movement which had shed its Religious Right image has had it re-appear only to cost it elections. As long as the ROE v Wade nuts keep showing up as candidates, the GOP will have trouble winning elections. The GOP has win on fiscal issues and a strong defense. The problem the GOP has on fiscal issues is the GWB administration ended so badly and the Dems are not going let anybody forget that. They need to make it clear how they would do things differently than he did.You know who is SERIOUSLY weak and has been since day one?

Obama.

Just once I'd like to see you admit that fact.

Rookies
03-18-2013, 09:47 PM
You are flat out wrong. Romney never had a snowball chance in Hell of winning that election. The "average Joe" saw him for what he was. A spoiled rich kid who got through the primaries because he was the best of a very bad lot. The GOP needs a better candidate if they hope to win. From where I sit, the pickings are pretty slim in 2016, but who knows, maybe somebody will emerge ...Maybe a true fiscal conservative with a proven track record without all the social nonsense tied around his neck might have a real chance ala GWB in 2000 if the Dems have trouble coming up with a solid candidate. .

Robert, most of what you've said here I agree with. In addition, the Democrats are on the correct side of virtually ALL critical voting blocks, including Women, Hispanics & Youth. This will continually translate into more winning states in the Southwest and eventually- the South. That is the nature of futuer demographics. They are also so far ahead of the stone age Republicans in the social media tactical battleground, it's a virtual sunami.

That being said, the top of the ticket is an issue. NOBODY likes the entitled lifers on both sides. The Dems have to many of these old farts running the show like Reid & Pelosi and Clinton (the other one) & Biden are simply too old. Their attractive young/Hispanic future stars might not be ready for prime time.

The other side has Rubio and a few other young, charismatic stars. As long as THEY don't get sandbagged by the Evangelical Christian Cons on any of the explosive social issues that are on the wrong side of history, the straight Con economic argument has a shot.

Tom
03-18-2013, 10:52 PM
Here's the bottom line. If you add together the stupid people, the lazy people, the terminally unskilled people and the people who take advantage of them for political gain, you have a BIG TENT.

FTFY.....:lol:

Tom
03-18-2013, 10:54 PM
In addition, the Democrats are on the correct side of virtually ALL critical voting blocks, including Women, Hispanics & Youth

No, they are on the majority side, not the right side. Big difference.
Of course the majority will that the easy way - the way where you get everything handed to you and do not have to work for it.
Until those who carry your slug-ass run out of money or join you.
Are you unaware of Greece?
Is that your idea of a great nation?
Do you somehow suspect that we can follow the same path they did and have a different result? :lol:

Tom
03-18-2013, 10:58 PM
Goggle the Defense of Marriage Act 1996 - funny how all the dems have sold out their beliefs for votes.
Be honest, gay marriage is NOT the right side of anything - it is the one they can whore out for.

Funny, the libs worry about gay marriage, but do absolutely nothing for to fix the HUGE real life problem of singe parent homes. Libs NEVER address real life problems - just feel good ones. Fact.

I agree, the RNC does't get it.
But, the democrat way sure as hell is not it either.
We need leaders, not whores.

DJofSD
03-19-2013, 09:05 AM
We need leaders, not whores.Or their pimps.

BlueShoe
03-19-2013, 11:00 AM
Maybe a true fiscal conservative with a proven track record without all the social nonsense tied around his neck might have a real chance ala GWB in 2000 if the Dems have trouble coming up with a solid candidate. He would certainly stand a chance against Biden.
Oh my, how we wish it is Old Joe in 2016. Just about any candidate would have a good chance against him, even this one;:rolleyes:
http://www.otrr.org/4img/data/media/46/MOrtimer_Snerd.gif

acorn54
03-19-2013, 11:12 AM
i think i remember hearing or reading that 90% of the people that earn 100k a year ( this was in the early 90"s) or more vote, yet only 40% of those earning 20k or less vote.

Tom
03-19-2013, 12:36 PM
I find it funny that so many libs think they know what is good for the right.
Seriously, why would any righties with any self-respect want to emulate democrats? Democrats have no core values. They change what they believe in exchange for votes. That is whoring.

Look at Hillary - it was her husband who signed the Defense of Marriage Act, fully supported by dems. Now, when it is convenient, they all support gay marriage! Hillary needed to come out and make a special announcement. Wonder why? :lol:

They will gladly sell out to get millions of new voters by granting amnesty when there is nor real reason to do so. They keep yapping about comprehensive immigration reform. Why? What is the problem with our current system? It has served us well for decades and allowed many truly great people to come here and adopt our culture as their own, and join us as citizens. There is no problem. Only more rhetoric and blind following by the press. What is were to say that anyone getting amnesty cannot vote
for 10 years.....or 20. Think the dems would still go for it?

Why would we want to sell out our principles for votes, and be just like what we need to defeat?

BlueShoe
03-19-2013, 12:49 PM
Rand Paul is being touted as the new darling of the Right, but his proposal to smooch the backsides of the illegal alien criminals and their supporters has this conservative already looking elsewhere. Just what this nation needs, 12 million new workers taking jobs away from native born Americans, draining resourses and services, and voting Democratic. :rolleyes: :mad: As one who lives in an area that has seen large parts of his state overun and all segments of society affected in a negative manner by these criminal invaders, I can attest from personal experience that this is not the way to go.

DJofSD
03-19-2013, 12:55 PM
Being touted by whom? The MSM?

Robert Goren
03-19-2013, 12:56 PM
Being touted by whom? The MSM?Rand Paul

badcompany
03-19-2013, 01:03 PM
Rand Paul is being touted as the new darling of the Right, but his proposal to smooch the backsides of the illegal alien criminals and their supporters has this conservative already looking elsewhere. Just what this nation needs, 12 million new workers taking jobs away from native born Americans, draining resourses and services, and voting Democratic. :rolleyes: :mad: As one who lives in an area that has seen large parts of his state overun and all segments of society affected in a negative manner by these criminal invaders, I can attest from personal experience that this is not the way to go.

Immigration can be a net positive for a country if immigrants come here to be productive but Dem policies attract those who come to mooch. Get rid of the welfare state and immigration won't be a problem.

acorn54
03-19-2013, 01:10 PM
the present immigration laws haved served us well. so have the present gun laws. it is just the will to carry out those laws that is not present. so more laws are presented as the answer.

Tom
03-19-2013, 01:11 PM
It's a win-win for democrats.
Millions new dem votes and millions more dependent on the government.
Remember, the dems in no way have the best interests of the country.
They want dependency and poverty and no freedoms. That is the goal.

Nothing else could possibly explain the way they govern.

TJDave
03-19-2013, 01:19 PM
the present immigration laws haved served us well. so have the present gun laws. it is just the will to carry out those laws that is not present.

But...If we shoot the illegals who will cut my grass and clean my toilet?

BlueShoe
03-19-2013, 01:23 PM
It's a win-win for democrats.
Millions new dem votes and millions more dependent on the government.
Remember, the dems in no way have the best interests of the country.
They want dependency and poverty and no freedoms. That is the goal.

Nothing else could possibly explain the way they govern.
Which is exactly why I have long insisted that there is little fundamental difference between a Liberal, or so called "Progressive" Democrat and a Communist. Liberalism or Progrssiveism are just other branches of the worldwide Communist movement.

Robert Fischer
03-19-2013, 01:34 PM
Are there issues that the RNC and DNC both agree on, and both get their constituents "fired up" about?

Seems like both party's constituents spend the majority of their energy in disputes.

TJDave
03-19-2013, 01:36 PM
Which is exactly why I have long insisted that there is little fundamental difference between a Liberal, or so called "Progressive" Democrat and a Communist. Liberalism or Progrssiveism are just other branches of the worldwide Communist movement.

This explains the Anaheim address. ;)

NJ Stinks
03-19-2013, 01:39 PM
Seriously, why would any righties with any self-respect want to emulate democrats? Democrats have no core values. They change what they believe in exchange for votes. That is whoring.

Isn't it time you changed your avatar to a baby crying? :rolleyes:

BlueShoe
03-19-2013, 06:08 PM
This explains the Anaheim address. ;)
There are actually more Hispanics, most of whom are here illegally, than there are old non Hispanic white male far right wing loons like me in Anaheim. :( The perception that Orange County is the bastion of the John Birch Society and dominated by old white guys conservative groups, is, I am very sorry to say, no longer completely accurate. The power base has been diluted by the hordes of illegals, and their "Anchor Babies", now of legal age, and with victimology and entitlement mindsets, are voting Democratic, as are younger Asians, even though their parents did come here legally.

DJofSD
03-20-2013, 03:47 PM
http://www.businessweek.com/articles/2013-03-20/the-gop-still-wont-own-up-to-its-real-problem-with-voters

hcap
03-20-2013, 04:45 PM
http://www.balloon-juice.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/03/gop-sees-dead-people.jpg

Tom
03-20-2013, 11:38 PM
That looks like Pelosi and Reid on the left.

hcap
03-21-2013, 11:15 AM
Maybe, but you should really change your T shirt.

Try "TP" instead of GOP.
But now that I think of it, 6 in one 1/2 dozen of the other :cool:

Tom
03-21-2013, 11:51 AM
You are really scared of the Tea Party ideal, aren't you?
Still licking your wounds over the electoral drubbings you got a couple of years ago?

Be prepared - that was only a glimpse of what is coming.
The govt has pushed too far - you guys are in for a rude awakening.
I am already seeing TP meetings and gathering locally - much more organized and much better attended than originally. At first, people were concerned.
This time, they are pissed.

I'll save you the bother...:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

I want you to have your fun shooting off your mouth now, because that will make it all the more enjoyable when reality comes back to bite you.

Please, bookmark this page, save this date in your calendar....I want you be able to find this post after the mid-terms.

hcap
03-21-2013, 07:32 PM
You are really scared of the Tea Party ideal, aren't you?
Still licking your wounds over the electoral drubbings you got a couple of years ago?
Electoral dubbing in a mid-term? No wonder you think she's competent :)

The fact that Saint Sarah was an honored speaker at CPAC highlights just how pathetic CPAC and the repugs really are

/5H_KTyKUSG4?

BlueShoe
03-21-2013, 08:51 PM
So would the other guy be Schumer or perhaps Old Joe?

Tom
03-21-2013, 09:37 PM
We would be far better off with her than Obama.
We would be better off with Nippsy Russel.

riskman
03-21-2013, 11:07 PM
Are there issues that the RNC and DNC both agree on, and both get their constituents "fired up" about?

Seems like both party's constituents spend the majority of their energy in disputes.

Both parties agree that thieving banks should be bailed out of their financial difficulties while private citizens are hung out to dry.

Both parties agree that trade agreements, like NAFTA, are a good thing even though the end result is massive job loss in the U.S.

There are a lot more.You have a choice the Democratic/Republican Party doesn’t want you to consider. You do not have to vote for either one of them.

lamboguy
03-21-2013, 11:16 PM
The RNC knew enough to sell a phony bill of goods to get us to spend $2.6 trillion that we are on the hook for to chase weapons of mass destruction that never existed. that $2.6 trillion is now about $10 trillion after interest and kickbacks. they knew exactly what they were doing. that is why a weak rabbit Obama, got elected to begin with and then got re-elected.

elysiantraveller
03-22-2013, 12:29 AM
/5H_KTyKUSG4?

To be completely honest she is hilarious in this act. I am surprised though no one has taken solid aim at Joe Biden... he provides a lot of his own material too...