PDA

View Full Version : Aqueduct Main Track delayed again - Question for TLG

jeebus1083
03-16-2013, 09:19 AM
From Jerry Bossert at the NY Daily News:

With wet weather in the forecast this weekend and early next week, the opening of the main track has been delayed to Mar. 27. Racing will be conducted on the inner-dirt track through Mar. 23. The delay also extends the jockeys’ race at Aqueduct between the two Ortiz brothers – with Irad leading with 70 winners and Jose in second with 67. Cornelio Velasquez isn’t out of it yet with 62, after winning three on Friday, including back-to-back races aboard Buddy Jones in the sixth and Lure of the South in the seventh.

Now, my question for Andy: Given the recent weather pattern, is NYRA simply not taking chances on the possibility of lost racing days? Or, is the task of getting the main track back to "racing-ready" shape after laying dormant for 3+ months so labor intensive, that weather can set the operation back?

Stillriledup
03-16-2013, 12:57 PM
I would also like to ask... What is the difference in composition between the main and inner? Is there some reason to think that "shippers" from the Inner might encounter 'different footing' on the main (for lack of better words)?

jeebus1083
03-16-2013, 01:05 PM
I would also like to ask... What is the difference in composition between the main and inner? Is there some reason to think that "shippers" from the Inner might encounter 'different footing' on the main (for lack of better words)?

This may answer your question better:

http://www.nyra.com/aqueduct/track-specifications/

Stillriledup
03-16-2013, 01:05 PM
Thanks Ten 83, that's what i was looking for. Appreciate it. :ThmbUp: