Santa Anita - 2,3,4,6,8
Tampa - 5,7,9,10
Fairgrounds - 3,6,8
Parx - 8
Oaklawn - 7,9,10,11

We also have two Key Horses running:

Channel Lady - GP (10) GP 01/05/13 # 10
Margano - TAM ( 9) TAM 12/08/12 # 10

Channel Lady (English Channel - Queen Supreme, by King of Kings (IRE)) heads the list and first, lets get this out of the way: King of Kings was 5 for 7 with a maiden win and the rest stakes with winnings of just over $500,000. English Channel was...well...English Channel with winnings of just over $5,000,000. OK, that's done. Now we can get on with it.

I would prefer to see the Honey Fox for older girls at 1 mile on the turf in person, as I have done many times but as I bemoaned in my blog, not this year. We do however, have a Key Horse running in the race. That of course, would be the aforementioned Channel Lady. The first race I reviewed in my 'Part 2' Gulfstream Park work in progress was the Marshua's River Stakes (G3) run on January 5th and this is what I wrote:

January 5, 2013 Race 10 - Michael Matz won the 100K Marshua's River Stakes (G3) with Hard Not to Like (Rocco, Jr.) off an 8 month layoff, a bobble on the backstretch, a long battle with Channel Lady
during which she was headed in deep stretch, only to come back and run clear in the final strides. The comment by the trackman was "...would not give up...". As for Channel Lady, she came off that
tough beat 34 days later to win the Suwannee River Stakes (G3) on Feb. 9, 2013, turning the tables on Hard Not to Like in a front running win. But back to the Marshua's River: that race was finished
in a scorching 5.75 seconds for the final 16th with the 4th split in 23.03.

Channel Lady (Pletcher/Castellano) now finds herself in the Honey Fox with 8 other ladies. Centre Court (G. Arnold, II/J. Leparoux ) appears to be the most accomplished runner and is returning after winning the Mrs. Revere on 11/17/2012 at Churchill. Three wins and two palace runs in her last 5 - all graded stakes - makes her deserving of the token favorite status on the morning line. Fine with me.

While Samitar (C. Brown /J. Rosario )appears to be the accomplished as well, she has not run since Keeneland (10-13-2012) where she checked in 4th in the Gr. I QEII Cup. Prior to that, she won the Gr. I Garden City where she beat Somali Lemonade by a desperate head. I can tell you that Somali Lemonade was beginning a downturn in form that began in May of that year. How do I know? Don't ask. I just know. She has not run since November.

I'll take 4-1 on Channel Lady if I can get it.

Margano (L. Delacour/L. Garcia) is an allowance runner by Dynaformer who has had limited success and makes the list off of back to back allowance runs at Tampa. In his last, an AlwOC he didn't fare too well. At the same level again, check the competition carefully before diving in.

Grab the race file on the website by clicking the link below, and get crackin'! You can also review my blog notes by clicking on the blog link which can be found on Slew's website.

Enjoy the Saturday racing. And as always...good luck and good 'capping!