PDA

View Full Version : My Best Bet(s) of the Day Thread

canuck
02-10-2004, 06:42 PM
Ever since I stopped playing mutiple races a day and started focusing on one or two races daily good things have been happening-(like grinding out a profit)

Anyone else have an opinion on a race that I break down feel free to add a comment--or submit your own best bet(s)

Santa Anita Park - February 11th, 2004 - Race 7
Thunder Road H. - Grade:
Estimated Local Post Time: 4:07 PM
Race Type: Stakes
Breed: Thoroughbred race
Age Restriction: Four Year Old and Upward
Purse: $70,000
Distance:One Mile
Surface: Turf

7 Inesperado (FR)
Kent J. Desormeaux
3 + U Stable 5 Horse 118
Robert J. Frankel
Mme Barbara Moser & Mme Rachele Lamy 5/2

This guy is razor sharp coming off an extremely good win and has many positives.
Loves the distance and strip. There are several in here that could beat him on their best effort but in my opinion is an extremely good bet to finish no worse than second.

one unit win and place

Good luck!

canuck
02-11-2004, 09:55 PM
Unfortunately today's nag broke poorly and finished second after weaving through traffic on the turn. A better break at such a short route distance would have assuredly got the job done. Got a nag tomorrow i will post later...

9 Singletary 20.60 7.80 4.60
7 Inesperado (FR) 3.80 3.00
1 Apache Wings 6.80

canuck
02-11-2004, 10:44 PM
Gulfstream Park - February 12th, 2004 - Race 7
Estimated Local Post Time: 4:22 PM
Race Type: Allowance Optional Claiming
Sex: Fillies and Mares
Purse: $40,000
Distance:About One And One Sixteenth Miles

3 Dyna Flyer (KY)
Jerry D. Bailey
Peter R. Bradley, III 4 Filly 119
David Fawkes
Highland Farms, Inc. 4/1 $100,000

Anytime you get Bailey hopping aboard a promising horse after a succession of lesser jocks (Aguilar,Homeister,Nunez) I tend to take a long look.
This horse's last two trouble lines read In tight early and steadied 1/4 no bid In her third last race was pinched break but overcame it and won with an exceptional final fraction. This is a double advantage horse, in that her best 2 final fractions are unmatched by the rest of the field. Taking a closer look at all her past performances it seems the horse is weak out of the gate. Bailey should gun for a decent position and mow em down late.

1 unit win and place

Good luck

trying2win
02-12-2004, 02:02 AM
canuck,

Some of the narratives depicting your race predications, are more interesting to read that some of the ones found in the local newspaper or DRF. Good show!

T2W

railjunkie
02-12-2004, 06:29 AM
Originally posted by canuck
Gulfstream Park - February 12th, 2004 - Race 7
Estimated Local Post Time: 4:22 PM
Race Type: Allowance Optional Claiming
Sex: Fillies and Mares
Purse: $40,000
Distance:About One And One Sixteenth Miles

3 Dyna Flyer (KY)
Jerry D. Bailey
Peter R. Bradley, III 4 Filly 119
David Fawkes
Highland Farms, Inc. 4/1 $100,000

Anytime you get Bailey hopping aboard a promising horse after a succession of lesser jocks (Aguilar,Homeister,Nunez) I tend to take a long look.
This horse's last two trouble lines read In tight early and steadied 1/4 no bid In her third last race was pinched break but overcame it and won with an exceptional final fraction. This is a double advantage horse, in that her best 2 final fractions are unmatched by the rest of the field. Taking a closer look at all her past performances it seems the horse is weak out of the gate. Bailey should gun for a decent position and mow em down late.

1 unit win and place

Good luck