PDA

View Full Version : He (Obama) failed miserably. So why do Washington watchdog groups look the other way?

PaceAdvantage
03-12-2013, 09:17 PM
Good question...this piece on Slate attempts an answer:President Obama is no different. Whether it’s responding to Congress, media questions, or FOIA requests, this administration is no better than its predecessor. The big difference: Obama is a Democrat. And because he is a Democrat, he’s gotten a pass from many of the civil liberty and good-government groups who spent years watching President Bush’s every move like a hawk.Like JustRalph alluded to the other day, the well-deserved Obama slamming by the left begins in earnest...hopefully...

http://www.slate.com/articles/news_and_politics/politics/2013/03/barack_obama_promised_transparency_the_white_house _is_as_opaque_secretive.html

JustRalph
03-12-2013, 09:44 PM
Drip.........drip.........drip.............

The floodgates are nigh..........

I said it one way, he says it this way

"The occasion is not yet ripe for many in Washington to admit that the Obama administration is no different from those who have come before it. But time will come when the cognitive dissonance between what Obama says and what he does will be too much."

Dave Schwartz
03-12-2013, 10:08 PM
I could not agree with you guys more.

But when all is said and done, we will have at least 12 more years of Democratic Presidents.

johnhannibalsmith
03-12-2013, 10:22 PM
I could not agree with you guys more.

But when all is said and done, we will have at least 12 more years of Democratic Presidents.

And in year thirteen...

http://blogs.nottingham.ac.uk/chinapolicyinstitute/files/2012/02/Xi-Jinping-20120210.jpg

PaceAdvantage
03-16-2013, 05:55 PM
Please notice that I have given them plenty of time, have watched them reply earnestly in other threads, and yet, Capper Al, hcap and mostpost have been absolutely INVISIBLE in this thread...

Gee...I wonder why?

Probably because salon.com is a liberal website, criticizing Obama...thus, they have absolutely no rebuttal...

But, even I must admit, I never thought I would post something that criticizes Obama that NONE of our most vocal left members would be able to dispute...

Who knew?

Tom
03-16-2013, 06:30 PM
Reality is not their goal - only political games.
They could not care less about the country or anyone in it.
Every pool has a shallow end.

CryingForTheHorses
03-16-2013, 07:10 PM
Reality is not their goal - only political games.
They could not care less about the country or anyone in it.
Every pool has a shallow end.

LMAO :lol: :lol: ...You are the KING of quotes!!!!

Tom
03-16-2013, 07:24 PM
I may put that one on my tombstone. :D

mostpost
03-17-2013, 01:25 PM
Please notice that I have given them plenty of time, have watched them reply earnestly in other threads, and yet, Capper Al, hcap and mostpost have been absolutely INVISIBLE in this thread...

Gee...I wonder why?

Probably because salon.com is a liberal website, criticizing Obama...thus, they have absolutely no rebuttal...

But, even I must admit, I never thought I would post something that criticizes Obama that NONE of our most vocal left members would be able to dispute...

Who knew?
Oh, I'm sorry. I missed the rule where we have to respond to every silly little thing you post.

NJ Stinks
03-17-2013, 02:45 PM
Oh, I'm sorry. I missed the rule where we have to respond to every silly little thing you post.

These 'things' that this article wails about are not exactly black and white issues.

Benghazi - a dangerous place to begin with. Who can be shocked by what happened there? Nobody is a fair answer.

Fast & Furious - a lousy idea started by the Bush Administration that ended badly. ATF can be accused of stupidity but in no way could the mission be considered treasonous or obviously against American interests.

Drones - drones save American soldiers' lives and prevents serious injury to our soldiers. These facts is indisputable. Also, drones have been effective in keeping us safe at home. Is it wrong to use drones considering loss of innocent life in foreign countries? Certainly, it is debatable but it is not a black & white issue IMO.

And then there is GWB. Picked on endlessly because he started a war for good no reason, refused to pay for said war, and gloriously decided wartime was the perfect time to cut taxes. (A real black & white issue.)

Gee. Demanding transparency on why we paid dearly for going to war in Iraq vs. demanding transparency regarding Benghazi, Fast & Furious, and the use of drones. It's like comparing apples and oranges. Which explains why Obama is not getting roasted like Bush did IMO.

Tom
03-17-2013, 04:17 PM
Benghazi - a dangerous place to begin with. Who can be shocked by what happened there? Nobody is a fair answer.

American citizens.
And they demand an answer as to why it was ALLOWED to happen.
And to interview those who survives, but have been threatened by the murderers not to talk.

elysiantraveller
03-17-2013, 07:06 PM

I don't think anybody is shocked but its a complete @#$%-up and questions need to be asked and answers given don't you think?

Tom
03-17-2013, 07:19 PM
The last time a US ambassador was murdered was 30 years ago....under another dem president.

Dams straight we want answers.
Especially when anyone but a blitehring idiot KNEW there was a high likelihood of an event that particular day in that particular location.

PaceAdvantage
03-17-2013, 08:25 PM
Oh, I'm sorry. I missed the rule where we have to respond to every silly little thing you post.OK...you're almost there...please continue with a full blown criticism of that piece on that liberal website.

At least you can't blame the source this time...must frustrate the hell out of you.

PaceAdvantage
03-17-2013, 08:27 PM
Oh, I'm sorry. I missed the rule where we have to respond to every silly little thing you post.And I must say, it's sad that you are completely unable to agree with the obvious, even when it's pointed out to you by a website that caters to your point of view...

I guess you get points for consistency though... :rolleyes:

Mike at A+
03-17-2013, 09:20 PM
As I've been saying all along, 0bama will come out smelling like a rose because of the support from an increasingly large underclass and the well connected elite who are all too happy to let the middle class pick up the tab. The media, the entertainment industry, the unions and his wealthy campaign contributors control everything. With all this talk about taxing the rich, it's the middle class that gets hurt the most. If you have some investments and know how to play the game, you can survive. If not, you're S.O.L.

Tom
03-17-2013, 10:44 PM
You can't fix stupid.