PDA

View Full Version : Refusing to become Detroit: Atlanta Suburbs

JustRalph
03-10-2013, 09:17 PM
http://www.wnd.com/2013/03/suburbs-secede-from-atlanta/

Interesting piece on Atlanta suburbs that seceded and fostered great success. Now it's a civil rights issue.

HUSKER55
03-10-2013, 10:09 PM
WELL..the crooks now have less money to cover their tracks and they are going to be exposed. Of course the race card will be played.

newtothegame
03-11-2013, 02:08 AM
clipped from the story.....

"A key leader in the black community and a driving force in support of the lawsuit, who wishes to remain anonymous, bemoaned the “disturbing tendency of black electorates to not elect the smartest and brightest, or even the cleverest.”
Hmmm interesting take........

"Nonetheless, he believes that there is a social contract between the northern and southern parts of the county.
“So when you allow powerful groups of citizens to opt out of a social contract, and form their own, it may benefit the group opting out, but it hurts the larger collective,” he said.

So, the money leaves and they have a lawsuit??? Guess this is redistribution about "paying their fair share"....lol

johnhannibalsmith
03-11-2013, 02:39 AM
..."A key leader in the black community and a driving force in support of the lawsuit, who wishes to remain anonymous, bemoaned the “disturbing tendency of black electorates to not elect the smartest and brightest, or even the cleverest.”

If this "key leader" of his "community"...

(the term community in this context almost defying his own position that they and the "super-white majority" are part of any collective with those he purports to "lead")

...if he really has identified this problem as a "disturbing tendency", but wishes to remain anonymous and not have that sentiment attributed to him or her, then frankly, this person isn't much of a leader - he's nothing more than a simple advocate that will support whatever his "community" does even if he believes it is detrimental to the "community".

rastajenk
03-11-2013, 06:35 AM
Sounds like he's qualified to be President.

GaryG
03-11-2013, 10:18 AM
In the 90s the racial issue was that Gwinnett and Cobb counties did not allow a MARTA terminal, the last stop was in (I think) Dunwoody. This was racist because it required a car to travel in or out of those counties. Here is a solution: Build a wall around I-285 and flood it.

DJofSD
03-11-2013, 10:52 AM
Nonetheless, he believes that there is a social contract between the northern and southern parts of the county.

Let's see, on one hand, we have as a basis for not allowing a change, a social contract. Call it a norm, a cultural truism, a convention.

Then on the other when the majority of voters in California want to keep the definition of what is a marriage as a continuation of a social norm, a tradition, they are told they're wrong, culture and normality be damned.

Interesting.

And, oh, by the way, those "social contracts" in the work place went the way of the dodo a while back. Where is the lawsuit for that injustice?

TJDave
03-11-2013, 02:20 PM
clipped from the story.....
"A key leader in the black community and a driving force in support of the lawsuit, who wishes to remain anonymous, bemoaned the “disturbing tendency of black electorates to not elect the smartest and brightest, or even the cleverest.”

The implication is that the white community does a better job in choosing their representatives. :lol:

Marshall Bennett
03-11-2013, 03:42 PM
The whole idea of ending segregation, and what MLK envisioned, was allowing blacks the opportunity to bring themselves up to "white" standards. Instead, all it's done is bring millions of whites down to their standards. The proof is everywhere, especially in large urban America.
Whether you like it or not, segregation has been a failure and we're all paying for it, both blacks and whites. Middle and upper class whites are paying the highest price, they're quality of life has suffered most. Blacks are no better or worse off than they were a hundred years ago. A few have benefited, but as a whole, it's pretty much the same.

DJofSD
03-11-2013, 03:49 PM
Sure they're better off. They got a free Obama phone.

NJ Stinks
03-11-2013, 07:25 PM
Blacks are no better or worse off than they were a hundred years ago. A few have benefited, but as a whole, it's pretty much the same.

I don't believe that at all. Its not true where I live - that's for sure.

Marshall Bennett
03-11-2013, 07:49 PM
Ask any of them, they'll likely tell you the same. They do it all the time.

Jay Trotter
03-11-2013, 07:52 PM
The whole idea of ending segregation, and what MLK envisioned, was allowing blacks the opportunity to bring themselves up to "white" standards. Instead, all it's done is bring millions of whites down to their standards. The proof is everywhere, especially in large urban America.
Whether you like it or not, segregation has been a failure and we're all paying for it, both blacks and whites. Middle and upper class whites are paying the highest price, they're quality of life has suffered most. Blacks are no better or worse off than they were a hundred years ago. A few have benefited, but as a whole, it's pretty much the same.Seriously?

That's total bullsh*t!

Maybe things aren't where they should be but it's not a segregation/non-segretation issue; it's a "poverty" issue. Are you somehow implying that people of colour and caucasians are not equals intellectually or in every other way?

horses4courses
03-11-2013, 07:57 PM
Seriously?

That's total bullsh*t!

Maybe things aren't where they should be but it's not a segregation/non-segretation issue; it's a "poverty" issue. Are you somehow implying that people of colour and caucasians are not equals intellectually or in every other way?

Ummmm....it sure looks that way.
Of course, he could never be considered a racist.
Nobody is around here, ya know?

JustRalph
03-11-2013, 08:17 PM
Whether you like it or not, segregation has been a failure and we're all paying for it, both blacks and whites. Middle and upper class whites are paying the highest price, they're quality of life has suffered most. Blacks are no better or worse off than they were a hundred years ago. A few have benefited, but as a whole, it's pretty much the same.

They are Much better off. Come on? A hundred years ago? I gotta call you on that. There is no comparison.

Btw, Jay, poverty in itself is a failure of leadership, at home. Dovetails perfectly with the thread in a way.

Dave, probably the best comment.

This is a story about a group of people who found a way to excise themselves from the normal path taken by many many people who set back and let government lead them astray through terrible laws and leaders. This story should be bigger and a clarion call to others.

johnhannibalsmith
03-11-2013, 09:57 PM

Dave, probably the best comment.

No doubt. We crackers sure know how to pick them. No wonder we're doing so well.

Half the politicians in office no matter their race are under the impression that they are doing something great for the "black community". The "black community" seems to think so too.

Maybe the problem is thinking that the answer to the "community's" problem is politicians - good, bad, smart, clever, or whatever.

PaceAdvantage
03-12-2013, 02:19 AM
Ummmm....it sure looks that way.
Of course, he could never be considered a racist.
Nobody is around here, ya know?Could you be considered a racist? Let's face it, most everyone is a racist, given the very BROAD definition of the word these days...and it doesn't matter what the color of your skin is...

One long ago departed member of this board opined that most white people are racist. How does he know? He's white and he hangs around with a lot of white folks, so he knows what they say when there are no non-whites hanging around.

Being white and hanging around with lots of white folks myself, I think what he stated is truer than a lot of people care to admit.

So spare me the sanctimonious poppycock.

TJDave
03-12-2013, 03:09 AM
The whole idea of ending segregation, and what MLK envisioned, was allowing blacks the opportunity to bring themselves up to "white" standards.

I always thought that ending the practice of one race telling another where they could eat, speak, sleep, drink, urinate, shop, learn, work...was because it was WRONG. :rolleyes:

Marshall Bennett
03-12-2013, 07:52 AM
I stand by my previous post.
While many blacks economically may seem better off, when you consider race relations and the millions consumed by inner city mayhem, they're no better off now than 100 years ago.
Most blacks if asked where the blame lies, they'll tell you with whites. That it's a white man's problem. They're absolutely right.

horses4courses
03-12-2013, 10:08 AM
Could you be considered a racist? Let's face it, most everyone is a racist, given the very BROAD definition of the word these days...and it doesn't matter what the color of your skin is...

One long ago departed member of this board opined that most white people are racist. How does he know? He's white and he hangs around with a lot of white folks, so he knows what they say when there are no non-whites hanging around.

Being white and hanging around with lots of white folks myself, I think what he stated is truer than a lot of people care to admit.

So spare me the sanctimonious poppycock.

Certainly, everyone could be considered racist to some degree.

However, when comments get written that are blatantly racist, they deserve to be called out.
Very often, though, those making them are defended to the hilt.

I promise to ease off on the sanctimonious poppycock when others choose their words with a little more care.

PaceAdvantage
03-12-2013, 10:50 AM
Certainly, everyone could be considered racist to some degree.

However, when comments get written that are blatantly racist, they deserve to be called out.
Very often, though, those making them are defended to the hilt.

I promise to ease off on the sanctimonious poppycock when others choose their words with a little more care.Nobody is saying not to call out, but is the "Nobody is around here, ya know?" crap really necessary?

horses4courses
03-12-2013, 10:59 AM
Nobody is saying not to call out, but is the "Nobody is around here, ya know?" crap really necessary?

Fair enough.
Point taken.

horses4courses
03-12-2013, 11:39 AM
Funny, though, when I get a bit sarcastic about some of the antics on here it's "crap".
Others can make statements that are outrageous, and it's business as usual.

badcompany
03-12-2013, 11:40 AM
Interesting how Asians in this country have managed to escape this poverty trap. They surely have experienced racism. In addition, many came here not even speaking English.

Could it be that Asians chose a path of self-reliance that doesn't look to government to solve all of their problems?

johnhannibalsmith
03-12-2013, 11:45 AM
Shhhhh.... not allowed to talk about Asians in this context. It explodes and destroys 97% of all the usual talk pertaining to cause, effect, and remedy.

Marshall Bennett
03-12-2013, 12:11 PM
Interesting how Asians in this country have managed to escape this poverty trap. They surely have experienced racism. In addition, many came here not even speaking English.
They came here with a strike against them in that they were Asians. They came for work and have contributed to society here. Those same Asians not only work, but speak the language better now than most blacks who have been here 150 years. That will be deemed a racist statement by many here, but it's a cold hard fact. You won't find them competing for turf in the inner city, killing each other off over drugs, or crowding prisons at a rate far greater than their numbers in population. Do the math with crime statistics, they only comprise 13.5% of the population.
All told, it speaks volumes for their character as a unit. Mike can remove my post if he wishes, it would be in most open forums even though it's the truth

RaceBookJoe
03-12-2013, 12:49 PM
They came here with a strike against them in that they were Asians. They came for work and have contributed to society here. Those same Asians not only work, but speak the language better now than most blacks who have been here 150 years. That will be deemed a racist statement by many here, but it's a cold hard fact. You won't find them competing for turf in the inner city, killing each other off over drugs, or crowding prisons at a rate far greater than their numbers in population. Do the math with crime statistics, they only comprise 13.5% of the population.
All told, it speaks volumes for their character as a unit. Mike can remove my post if he wishes, it would be in most open forums even though it's the truth

Your post probably wont win any Humanitarian awards, but looks spot on to me.

hcap
03-12-2013, 01:54 PM

Could it be that Asians chose a path of self-reliance that doesn't look to government to solve all of their problems?
Or maybe a few hundred years of slavery, with associated atrocities and ownership of a whole people had some intrinsic differences blacks experienced that Asians did not?

BTW, I know many Blacks and Asians that are self reliant.
Not that simple.

ElKabong
03-12-2013, 03:25 PM
Seriously?

That's total bullsh*t!

There's another way to look at Marshall's comment without going into fits.....Example, are black kids in the inner city better educated today than they were 100 years ago? Given the news lately out Chicago and NYC about how poor those kids are in performance, if any forward movement has happened it would be very little.

I'm not talking simply about graduation rates (which are important btw). For the past 40 years inner city public schools have passed and graduated kids that can't read @ the High School level. My arguement would be the same as many people of color in Texas>> that black kids are poorly educated today in relation to pre WWI education standards.

badcompany
03-12-2013, 03:33 PM
Or maybe a few hundred years of slavery, with associated atrocities and ownership of a whole people had some intrinsic differences blacks experienced that Asians did not?

It's a bit hard to sing "We Shall Overcome" these days.

http://a.abcnews.com/images/Politics/gty_eric_holder_obama_thg_120620_wg.jpg

BTW, I know many Blacks and Asians that are self reliant.
Not that simple.

Yeah, so do I, but, we're talking about performance, as a group.

To take a line from Tom, "Try again."

hcap
03-12-2013, 03:43 PM
It's a bit hard to sing "We Shall Overcome" these days.

To take a line from Tom, "Try again."But if it wasn't for liberal programs and Civil rights legislation these days would be much worse.
Somehow most conservatives forget all about the Southern Strategy of Nixon and take credit for stuff they did to alienate blacks from the republican party. Oh, excuse me. I forgot the multitudes of Blacks at Tea Party ralies :bang:

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2005/07/13/AR2005071302342.html

RNC Chief to Say It Was 'Wrong' to Exploit Racial Conflict for Votes

It was called "the southern strategy," started under Richard M. Nixon in 1968, and described Republican efforts to use race as a wedge issue -- on matters such as desegregation and busing -- to appeal to white southern voters.

badcompany
03-12-2013, 03:51 PM
But if it wasn't for liberal programs and Civil rights legislation these days would be much worse.

Funny, how Liberals can never site actual success stories for their programs. It's always "It would've been worse."

hcap
03-12-2013, 03:53 PM
Funny, how Liberals can never site actual success stories for their programs. It's always "It would've been worse."

ElKabong
03-12-2013, 03:53 PM

Very, very true.

hcap
03-12-2013, 03:57 PM
Very, very true.

:jump: :jump: :jump:

Marshall Bennett
03-12-2013, 04:04 PM
Liberals like hcap can argue tell they're blue in the face as to where the problem lies or whether there even exist a problem with blacks. Does it even really matter? White babies are now a minority in the United States. Doesn't take a mathematician to see what that equates to in say 50 years. Most of us will be dead, but our grandchildren and their kids will likely be facing what blacks faced 50 years ago. Ask yourself if they'll get the same opportunities that blacks have received. Will rural America have gone to shit like the large urban areas have already in many cities like Detroit?
Take a moment and peer into the future. It's not that difficult.

Capper Al
03-12-2013, 04:05 PM
A lot of talk about Detroit. I doubt seriously if most comprehen the essences of their problem. Take any city, get in debt, and have the high wager earners and educated people move out to the suburbs. What could be a solution for those unfornate that remain? Probably they should all abandon the city also? Who then would pay the bills? It looks like we are trying to stick the poor and the uneducated with the bill. Maybe we should go and tax the surrounding suburbs? It's complicated if you indeed to be fair.

TJDave
03-12-2013, 04:29 PM
There's another way to look at Marshall's comment without going into fits.....Example, are black kids in the inner city better educated today than they were 100 years ago?

Today, black kids have opportunities that 100, or even 50 years ago were denied... The grand benefit of ending segregation.

TJDave
03-12-2013, 04:34 PM
Ask yourself if they'll get the same opportunities that blacks have received.

Are you suggesting that blacks won't be as magnanimous? ;)

badcompany
03-12-2013, 04:40 PM
Very, very true.

Sadly, Hcap's massive intellect :lol: doesn't allow him to see the distinction between exceptions and the rule.

johnhannibalsmith
03-12-2013, 04:46 PM
... Maybe we should go and tax the surrounding suburbs? ...

Sure, why not? That ought to work. Then we can tax neighboring states when people move from those suburbs.

badcompany
03-12-2013, 05:00 PM
Sure, why not? That ought to work. Then we can tax neighboring states when people move from those suburbs.

http://wiki.mises.org/wiki/Intervention

As intervention entails forced co-ownership, it follows that the citizens have an incentive to evade it. To avoid taxes, for example, they can choose to invest capital in a country with low taxes rather than in a country with high taxes; they can choose to emigrate to low-tax countries rather than stay in high-tax places; they can choose a profession that is less taxed than other professions; or they can choose to make fraudulent declarations of their income and capital. To evade regulations, they can choose not to buy or sell commodities subject to price controls, or they can choose to buy and sell them on the black market. To evade prohibitions, they can buy and sell prohibited items on the black market. But these evasions can be risky and very costly. Therefore, there is an incentive to use a greater part of property for personal consumption rather than investment. The general tendency of interventions is towards excessive consumption and more expensive production because of the necessity to evade the intervention.

But moral hazard also comes into play on the side of the government. Governments rely on the resources from taxes and regulations. They will therefore tend to tax more and regulate more to neutralize the ways in which the citizens evaded its previous intervention, to "close the loopholes." This is the basic mechanism of government interventions. Interventionist governments have an incentive to extend taxation to all branches of economic life; to regulate industries that have so far escaped regulation; and to beat into submission the countries that serve as tax havens. The ultimate result is to reinforce the tendencies that we characterized above: excessive consumption and insufficient production; in short, a general impoverishment of society.

hcap
03-12-2013, 07:26 PM
Sadly, Hcap's massive intellect :lol: doesn't allow him to see the distinction between exceptions and the rule.Inner cities suck. And therefore exactly what?

BTW, no massive intellect needed to smell bias disguised as pretentious bullshit

JustRalph
03-12-2013, 07:28 PM
Shhhhh.... not allowed to talk about Asians in this context. It explodes and destroys 97% of all the usual talk pertaining to cause, effect, and remedy.

This is true. But, you don't have to look at Asians to find a successful map for escaping poverty etc. you can find many many examples in the black community itself. The similarities to the Asian success stories are remarkable, yet they are looked upon as a failure by the majority opine of blacks. The one overbearing similarity in these successful stories is a forceful, responsible parent who refuses to accept less than success for their children.

JustRalph
03-12-2013, 07:49 PM
Al, You know this occurred due to liberal policies and liberal judges, right? Nobody is "sticking" anybody. What occurred in Detroit has happen all over the country. What was left behind was a group of minority inner cities with an unheralded opportunity for self governance. The results speak for themselves. Kwame is no different than Marion. Geography aside they are the same. Yet they continually are replaced with the same character in a new suit with the same foibles and goals.

You cannot force school busing, inane laws that provide forced integration, set asides for minorities, hiring requirements that discriminate and then expect those who don't need nor subscribe to these theories to stick around? Do it long enough and those who carry the real freight, push the wagon when times get tough and make better decisions for the common good, leave.

It was predicted. You can never legislate fairness, racial harmony or "social contracts" among people. It's an outright joke to anybody who has any sense of history.

Those in the northern suburbs of Atlanta are walking talking examples of a group who found a way to not become Detroit. Congrats to them and their leaders. Huzzah!!

A lot of talk about Detroit. I doubt seriously if most comprehen the essences of their problem. Take any city, get in debt, and have the high wager earners and educated people move out to the suburbs. What could be a solution for those unfornate that remain? Probably they should all abandon the city also? Who then would pay the bills? It looks like we are trying to stick the poor and the uneducated with the bill. Maybe we should go and tax the surrounding suburbs? It's complicated if you indeed to be fair.

Tom
03-12-2013, 09:36 PM
Sadly, Hcap's massive intellect :lol: doesn't allow him to see the distinction between exceptions and the rule.

hcap catalogs exceptions so he can always argue the rule.
Reality really gets in the way of his agenda.

PaceAdvantage
03-13-2013, 02:53 AM
Funny, though, when I get a bit sarcastic about some of the antics on here it's "crap".
Others can make statements that are outrageous, and it's business as usual.Funny how? Funny like a clown?

TJDave
03-13-2013, 03:02 AM
Funny how? Funny like a clown?

Two cannibals were eating a clown. One turned to the other and said...

"Does this taste funny to you?"

PaceAdvantage
03-13-2013, 03:04 AM

:jump: :jump: :jump:Anyone watch The Following on Fox? I knew I'd seen that look by Obama somewhere before...on fictional serial killer Joe Carroll... :lol:

http://mag.sky.it/static/contentimages/original/sezioni/mag/serie_tv/2013/03/05/joe_carroll_screencap.jpg

Ok, a bit of a stretch, I admit, but that's what I thought of immediately... :lol:

newtothegame
03-13-2013, 03:38 AM
Today, black kids have opportunities that 100, or even 50 years ago were denied... The grand benefit of ending segregation.
Even so, how is that translating ?

JustRalph
03-13-2013, 04:32 AM

It works well. I know we tend to talk about the worse case scenarios in this forum. I am lucky to be exposed to many young people who work for my wife. Mostly minorities it seems. There are many that provide me with great hope for the future. The most successful ones don't see themselves as minorities.

Many young black men and women we have encountered and even nurtured are taking advantage of opportunities they would have never had 50 yrs ago. I have gone as far as to have them stay in my home and we have very lively discussions on the merits of our current President. Usually they are about split 50/50 on each side of the fence.

TJDave
03-13-2013, 04:36 AM

It's not supposed to translate. You don't stop treating people as second class citizens and expect something in return. You're not doing them a favor...You're doing the right thing. Shame on any white person who complains, "We gave blacks their freedom, now look what they've done with it."

newtothegame
03-13-2013, 05:35 AM
It's not supposed to translate. You don't stop treating people as second class citizens and expect something in return. You're not doing them a favor...You're doing the right thing. Shame on any white person who complains, "We gave blacks their freedom, now look what they've done with it."
Just so we are clear, I never said I gave them anything. As a matter of fact, I am not old enough to have ever "owned" nor has any of my family tree "owned" slaves.
Now that any misconceptions are cleared up regarding that, 'YOU said that they have opportunities now that they didnt have 100 or even 50 year ago....
I am merely asking how has that translated?
I am originally not to far from what used to be one of America's promising cities......East St Louis Ill.
Now look at it! It is worse then Detroit can even imagine!
What used to be the fourth largest city in Illinois is now the cesspool of the state. You would be hard pressed to find a worse city in ALL OF AMERICA.
Dave, this is not about racism at this point. Some here can talk about white flight and all of the other things. But, E. St. Louis has no white people left to oppress anyone. Last census had less then 2% white population there.
Let me guess, libs will come out and say whitey took everything when they left right? So what about the middle class black that left there as well???
I have said, and will maintain that the family structure in America is the problem. When you look at the inner cities, one common theme you see is the lack of family structure in the common sense (as in mom and dad).
Too many of these youth are left to fend for themselves, while a parent works to try and support the household. The inner cities are promised entitlements and how those "rich haves" somehow owe them something.
What incentive is there for a inner city youth to want to grow up and be a dad and be a productive member of society when, for the most part, all they have seen is stay at home and collect a check with no dad as a part of their life?
So, again I ask, how has the opportunity translated in the real world?
Or, is it your contention that enough of an opportunity hasnt been given? And, just for the record when I say given I mean by the entitlements I mentioned earlier.

newtothegame
03-13-2013, 05:38 AM
P.S. how is an opportunity NOT supposed to translate into something?
I have an opportunity to go to work, it translates into me being able to support my family.
I have an opportunity to go to college, it translates into me being more productive in society and in the work force.
I have an opportunity to make more money, it translates into me spending more into the economy.
Almost any opportunity should translate into something......Why wouldnt it?

hcap
03-13-2013, 05:48 AM
hcap catalogs exceptions so he can always argue the rule.
Reality really gets in the way of his agenda.Bigotry has been worse before, might be worse again. Besides we can't do anything about it so why not just move to less bigoted climates? :cool:

Capper Al
03-13-2013, 07:33 AM
Does anyone really care about Detroit? I don't think so from the sounds of it. They just want to prove their ideology here.

Tom
03-13-2013, 07:40 AM
Anyone watch The Following on Fox? I knew I'd seen that look by Obama somewhere before...on fictional serial killer Joe Carroll... :lol:

Ok, a bit of a stretch, I admit, but that's what I thought of immediately... :lol:

You have given that show new meaning to me! :lol:

newtothegame
03-13-2013, 08:17 AM
Does anyone really care about Detroit? I don't think so from the sounds of it. They just want to prove their ideology here.
Funny you say all people want to do is prove their ideology around here.....
And what are you doing by defending the left non stop around here? Yeah, I know...You feel this great need to defend the left from all the right attacks....:lol:

As to whether or not (we on the right) care about Detroit, of course we care!
If we didn't care, why would there even be awareness brought out in light? You can call it ridicule, and partially, you may be right. But awareness also brings light to the areas of concern...would you not agree?
And its NOT just Detroit. This problem is happening throughout the country in many cities. I highlighted East St Louis, which in my opinion, is much worse then Detroit. You can make the same case for many other cities as well.
Like it or not, they all have a few characteristics that are similar....
High Poverty rates
Poor educational systems
Poor family structures
High Crime rates......
And I am sure others could toss a few other similarities in. And no, I am not going to point to dems or rethugs. Although I do think the political parties have taken advantage of those within the inner cities, I do not think they are the root cause.

Tom
03-13-2013, 09:08 AM

They need to care for themselves first.
Stop electing crooked idiots and start making hard choices to take responsibility for their city.

Until then, they don't matter.

delayjf
03-13-2013, 09:34 AM

Are you kidding me, Cambodia, Vietnam, China, were worse.

Tom
03-13-2013, 10:16 AM
No one alive today was a slave here.
No one alive today owned slaves here.

Get over it.
Move forward.
It sucked, it was bad, it was unacceptable....but no one here did it to anyone else here. We have grown as a nation.

Stop being a slave to community organizers and start being citizens with unlimited opportunities there for the taking.

GaryG
03-13-2013, 10:31 AM
Asians do not act like a minority, hence they are not treated as one. Colleges are trying every way that the can to get more blacks and hispanics while limiting more qualified Asians. This is clearly counter-productive. We need to prepare the best and brightest to lead us.

http://chronicle.com/article/article-content/131729/

According to the Princeton sociologist Thomas J. Espenshade, Asian-Americans need SAT scores about 140 points higher than white students—all other things being equal—to get into elite colleges. Everyone knows that black and Hispanic students get a leg up in the college-admissions sweepstakes, but how many people realize that white students, too, benefit from affirmative action when going head-to-head with Asians?

Capper Al
03-13-2013, 11:19 AM
They need to care for themselves first.
Stop electing crooked idiots and start making hard choices to take responsibility for their city.

Until then, they don't matter.

I actually agree with you. Also, they need not get caught holding the bag for the white flight. It looks like a chapter 13 type of solution is needed.

Tom
03-13-2013, 11:46 AM
As long as you hold on to the idea of white flight, your are going nowhere.
Is it White flight or Black failure?

When everyone stops talking about "them" you move ahead.

This applies equally to Detroit and Chicago and DC.

Marshall Bennett
03-13-2013, 12:08 PM
No one alive today was a slave here.
No one alive today owned slaves here.

Get over it.
Move forward.
Most do. The Jews are a good example. They've been persecuted for thousands of years. They're skin color isn't black, but if one doesn't discriminate for skin color only, they've overcome far worse.
Blacks, certainly not all, but the majority, want a bonus. They should be rewarded in some form or manner for what their ancestors suffered through.
Almost like filing suit for how history mistreated them. Until they realize it's all history and no longer an issue (slavery), they'll continue to lag behind.

hcap
03-13-2013, 12:41 PM
Are you kidding me, Cambodia, Vietnam, China, were worse.Why don't you ever include the person's name you are quoting?
I would like to reiterate and add to my statement. Or maybe a few hundred years of slavery, with associated atrocities and ownership of a whole people had some intrinsic differences blacks experienced that Asians did not? IN THIS COUNTRY!! Not Asia obviously :)

badcompany
03-13-2013, 01:12 PM
Why don't you ever include the person's name you are quoting?
I would like to reiterate and add to my statement.

So, now that your racism excuse got destroyed, your next refuge is gradations and geographic origins of racism.

The liberal well of excuses never runs dry.

hcap
03-13-2013, 01:36 PM
Destroyed? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Capper Al
03-13-2013, 05:44 PM
As long as you hold on to the idea of white flight, your are going nowhere.
Is it White flight or Black failure?

When everyone stops talking about "them" you move ahead.

This applies equally to Detroit and Chicago and DC.

Move ahead of what? What would you call a city going from 83% white to 83% black if not white flight? Poor are left holding the bag. It's simple math.

johnhannibalsmith
03-13-2013, 05:55 PM
Move ahead of what? What would you call a city going from 83% white to 83% black if not white flight? Poor are left holding the bag. It's simple math.

I'll give it a go on interpreting Tom's post and answer:

Move ahead of the inference within your own follow-up sentences, that blacks are predestined to be poor and will be left holding the bag if whites leave.

Blaming the problem on whites leaving doesn't really do much to help the remaining 83%, even if you drag the whites back in or tax them elsewhere or whatever, regardless of whether or not the cause and effect of whites leaving is totally accurate.

There's truth in all of it and not any real easy answers.

Tom
03-13-2013, 10:24 PM
What would you call a city going from 83% white to 83% black if not white flight? Poor are left holding the bag. It's simple math.

Holding the bag......you kill me! :lol:
What you are saying is the Whites were supporting the Blacks.
I'd leave too.

I begin to understand the problems in Detroit. Thank you.:bang:

newtothegame
03-13-2013, 11:23 PM
It is funny how they dont even realize what they are really saying.......
I am sure he will be backtracking on what was said, or "clarifying" his statement lol.

JustRalph
03-13-2013, 11:44 PM

You are blaming the whites for screwing up the city and then leaving? Really?

Explain that.......

badcompany
03-14-2013, 05:30 AM

Explain that.......

And if whites were the problem, shouldn't things be better now that they're gone?

Tom
03-14-2013, 07:41 AM
And if whites were the problem, shouldn't things be better now that they're gone?

Oooooo, I love it when you talk smart! :D

Capper Al
03-14-2013, 08:39 AM

Explain that.......

It's because the educated and whites left the restaurant without paying their tab. It's just a consequence of the mess in Detroit, not a conspiracy.

Tom
03-14-2013, 09:01 AM
Maybe the food was no good and the service was bad.

Mike at A+
03-14-2013, 09:35 AM
It's because the educated and whites left the restaurant without paying their tab. It's just a consequence of the mess in Detroit, not a conspiracy.
Wow, it's a good thing you didn't say "... the educated and blacks ..." because THAT would be RAAAAAAAAAAACIST!

See how words can be easily misinterpreted?

Capper Al
03-14-2013, 01:23 PM
Wow, it's a good thing you didn't say "... the educated and blacks ..." because THAT would be RAAAAAAAAAAACIST!

See how words can be easily misinterpreted?

The good thing is that words came out right. The educated minorities left also.

Valuist
03-14-2013, 01:37 PM

And how long has it been since a white was mayor of Detroit? I'm guessing its been decades.

JustRalph
03-14-2013, 01:41 PM

Bullshit!

To carry your hypothesis forward, they went just outside the city limits, started over with a new restaurant that is famously successful to the point that people are willing to pay ever increasing rates to get in. The new place is practically devoid of corruption, thrives and adapts on a scale unheard of in the old place, when the management is exactly the same that ran out on the old restaurant.

Sure, that's it.

DJofSD
03-14-2013, 02:03 PM
Ya that entire idea of freedom to live wherever you want was highly over rated.

Papers please.

Tom
03-14-2013, 02:10 PM
Mean old "whitey" moved and left us with no one to pay the bills.
Now what do we do?????

What an insult to Black people.

Capper Al
03-14-2013, 05:52 PM
Mean old "whitey" moved and left us with no one to pay the bills.
Now what do we do?????

What an insult to Black people.

Whose has the bills. By the way, two subrubs aren't doing to much better-- Warren and Flint.

badcompany
03-14-2013, 05:52 PM

What does this even mean? Did they not pay their taxes? Are the people who left all tax evaders?

And, if this is case, once again, shouldn't Detroit be better off without these deadbeats?

Capper Al
03-14-2013, 05:53 PM
Bullshit!

To carry your hypothesis forward, they went just outside the city limits, started over with a new restaurant that is famously successful to the point that people are willing to pay ever increasing rates to get in. The new place is practically devoid of corruption, thrives and adapts on a scale unheard of in the old place, when the management is exactly the same that ran out on the old restaurant.

Sure, that's it.

The subrubs are struggling also. Watch your language young man.

Capper Al
03-14-2013, 05:55 PM
What does this even mean? Did they not pay their taxes? Are the people who left all tax evaders?

And, if this is case, once again, shouldn't Detroit be better off without these deadbeats?

Their taxes didn't cover the debt. And like I said, so did the educated leave.

Tom
03-14-2013, 11:28 PM
Their taxes didn't cover the debt. And like I said, so did the educated leave.

The debt incurred by the criminals and racist elected to run the city.
Any educated person would leave. Some times you can't take out the trash, you have to leave it behind.

Capper Al
03-15-2013, 06:52 AM
Http://news.yahoo. com/census-1-3-counties-now-dying-040238347.html

Pea brains, using your thought process this shouldn't be. From what you posted here only cities run by blacks and dems should go down the tubes.

The link should go to 'cenus: record 1 in 3 counties are now dying'.

Tom
03-15-2013, 07:50 AM
Our train of thought is ANY city mis-managed by ANYONE should go down the drain. People deserve to suffer when they vote stupid. Detroit is not by any stretch my problem and not a penny of my taxes should go to help it.

It just so happens most failed cities are dem-controlled.

Go figure.

DJofSD
03-15-2013, 02:43 PM
Racist Miasma

Marcus Muhammad, a city commissioner since 2010, said the law establishing emergency managers has been “a dismal failure.”

“The evidence is overwhelming that this is a racist law, and that it cannot escape the racial overtones that are leaking out of it like alcohol leaks out of pores,” said Muhammad, 38.

Wilce Cooke, Benton Harbor’s former mayor, said his mother came to the city from Arkansas to join relatives who moved for foundry jobs. He calls the emergency-manager law “subtle Jim Crow.”

James Hightower, who succeeded him in 2011, said elected officials failed to make decisions needed for fiscal stability.

“Poor management is not black, it’s not white, it’s not red or yellow,” Hightower said in an interview. “It’s just poor management.”

The emergency manager’s appointment is “non-political and purely financial,” Jeff Noel, a spokesman for Whirlpool, said in a statement. “The process is painful, and invites debate, but the process also creates positive change.”

All of the article here. (http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2013-03-15/half-of-michigan-s-blacks-lose-local-control-in-detroit-takeover.html)

Capper Al
03-15-2013, 05:32 PM
An emergency manager could help, but those remaining in Detroit should get some debt forgiveness if this is going to work.

DJofSD
03-15-2013, 05:44 PM
Oh, like the big banks: too big to fail?

Tom
03-15-2013, 06:40 PM
Why should their debt be forgiven?
Reward their stupidity?

We should add interest points for being behind.
How about they all be forced to get off their dead asses and clean up that pig-stye of a city?

newtothegame
03-15-2013, 09:27 PM
An emergency manager could help, but those remaining in Detroit should get some debt forgiveness if this is going to work.
Still trying to buy more votes huh?? :lol:

Tom
03-15-2013, 11:09 PM
Here's an out of the box thought - maybe we should suspend the right to vote of anyone living in Detroit for having a track record of not being able to handle the responsibility.

Capper Al
03-16-2013, 09:28 AM
http://news.yahoo.com/census-shows-record-1-3-us-counties-dying-161654625--finance.html

It looks like a little more than a few major cities are going downhill. With our labor jobs leaving the US, there's no stop in sight. Go on righties keep bashing the poor and the down trodden, get them out to vote. Thank you.

Tom
03-16-2013, 10:05 AM
You blame the right for the failures of the democrats.
Who do you blame when you lose at the track?

Capper Al
03-16-2013, 11:18 AM

You know how to jump to any conclusion that you wish to be true. I said no such thing, yet somehow you conclude it. Keep talking. You're doing more good for the left than I could do.

badcompany
03-16-2013, 11:50 AM
http://news.yahoo.com/census-shows-record-1-3-us-counties-dying-161654625--finance.html

It looks like a little more than a few major cities are going downhill. With our labor jobs leaving the US, there's no stop in sight. Go on righties keep bashing the poor and the down trodden, get them out to vote. Thank you.

Actually, there's an energy boom taking place that is creating good jobs that can't be outsourced.

Of course, the Left is trying to sabotage it with its Global Warming and Fracking nonsense.

PaceAdvantage
03-16-2013, 07:29 PM
Go on righties keep bashing the poor and the down trodden, get them out to vote. Thank you.Why would you want the left to win? More success stories like Detroit? :lol:

newtothegame
03-16-2013, 09:27 PM
Actually, there's an energy boom taking place that is creating good jobs that can't be outsourced.

Of course, the Left is trying to sabotage it with its Global Warming and Fracking nonsense.
The left wants no part of self reliance.......
That would mean losing a voting block!

Capper Al
03-17-2013, 10:16 AM

You know I have been on my biggest losing streak every. It just might be from talking too much to righties and not paying attention to the ponies.

PaceAdvantage
03-18-2013, 02:54 AM
It just might be from talking too much to righties and not paying attention to the ponies.You wouldn't be the first...