PDA

View Full Version : This One's For Nina (Big A race 2)

Stillriledup
03-09-2013, 01:26 PM
Incredible put over. Uses an exercise rider who 'stands up' on the horse to put a bad line on him...but, you know, he can run, and they go to the real jock, bet their money and wallah, cha ching.

I wish i was smart enough to have bet on this one! :lol:

johnhannibalsmith
03-09-2013, 02:09 PM
Incredible put over. Uses an exercise rider who 'stands up' on the horse to put a bad line on him...

I don't think that "stand up" did much to tarnish that running line. The guy was riding the fur off the horse down on the inside when that happened and looked like he wanted off the rail. He looked done at the half pole anyway and was running in spurts, seemingly ignoring the rider - which I don't blame him for. The first time he ran he ran like a dopey green first time starter.

Now he's making his third start, they add blinkers so he'll pay attention - which it looked like a needed addition based on the first two - he draws way outside and is in the clear the whole trip and actually looked like his mind was on running.

I admit I used five in that leg of the P4 contest because it was a bad race, and he seemed like one of the likeliest candidates to improve for all of the above reasons and was one of the first to make the cut on my ticket.

Frankly, if that jock on the runner-up today had even a smidge of style and could have gotten with the horse for even a moment from the eighth pole to the wire, we wouldn't even be talking about this because the winner was fortunate that there was no rider on his heels nearing the wire.

cj
03-09-2013, 02:12 PM
Didn't sneak it past Serling.

WINMANWIN
03-09-2013, 02:50 PM
let us be reminded 3 things in life we can be certain of DEATH, TAXES AND JOCKEYS NEVER EVER PASSING A POLYGRAPH !!! :bang:

WINMANWIN
03-09-2013, 02:51 PM
let us be reminded 3 things in life we can be certain of DEATH, TAXES AND JOCKEYS NEVER EVER PASSING A POLYGRAPH !!! :bang:
Hello CJ the man, long time buddy :D :ThmbUp:

Stillriledup
03-09-2013, 02:57 PM
Didn't sneak it past Serling.

They rarely do. :ThmbUp:

Stillriledup
03-09-2013, 02:59 PM
I don't think that "stand up" did much to tarnish that running line. The guy was riding the fur off the horse down on the inside when that happened and looked like he wanted off the rail. He looked done at the half pole anyway and was running in spurts, seemingly ignoring the rider - which I don't blame him for. The first time he ran he ran like a dopey green first time starter.

Now he's making his third start, they add blinkers so he'll pay attention - which it looked like a needed addition based on the first two - he draws way outside and is in the clear the whole trip and actually looked like his mind was on running.

I admit I used five in that leg of the P4 contest because it was a bad race, and he seemed like one of the likeliest candidates to improve for all of the above reasons and was one of the first to make the cut on my ticket.

Frankly, if that jock on the runner-up today had even a smidge of style and could have gotten with the horse for even a moment from the eighth pole to the wire, we wouldn't even be talking about this because the winner was fortunate that there was no rider on his heels nearing the wire.

He was riding the hair off the horse but looked REALLY incompetent, he would be a better chef than a jock he was really 'mixing the salad'.

I liked the 3rd place finisher in there, but just wasnt quick enough to get in position, had a good kick but fell short.

Yeah, that J Laredo jock can't seem to win on 'figure' horses....give her a ridiculous horse who shows nothing on paper and she turns into Shoemaker...go figure.

johnhannibalsmith
03-09-2013, 03:18 PM
He was riding the hair off the horse but looked REALLY incompetent, he would be a better chef than a jock he was really 'mixing the salad'.

That was my point, I don't think he was doing anything intentionally to darken a form, I think he just had no idea how to handle a horse that wasn't doing anything that he was trying to get the horse to do.

Yeah, that J Laredo jock can't seem to win on 'figure' horses....give her a ridiculous horse who shows nothing on paper and she turns into Shoemaker...go figure.

She ain't never looked like Shoemaker. She's won on horses that look like they just ran off with her while the others were busy trying to play jockey. I've seen more than a few bugs or inexperienced non-bugs win just because they're clueless and stay completely out of the horse's way. I call it the "loose horse" win.

cj
03-09-2013, 03:20 PM
Hello CJ the man, long time buddy :D :ThmbUp:

Hey Joe, hope all is well! Last time we were in New York my wife mentioned picking you up on the way to the Big A!

Stillriledup
03-09-2013, 03:25 PM
That was my point, I don't think he was doing anything intentionally to darken a form, I think he just had no idea how to handle a horse that wasn't doing anything that he was trying to get the horse to do.

She ain't never looked like Shoemaker. She's won on horses that look like they just ran off with her while the others were busy trying to play jockey. I've seen more than a few bugs or inexperienced non-bugs win just because they're clueless and stay completely out of the horse's way. I call it the "loose horse" win.

She doesnt look like shoe, but she WINS like shoe!

Tom
03-09-2013, 05:02 PM
Incredible put over. Uses an exercise rider who 'stands up' on the horse to put a bad line on him...but, you know, he can run, and they go to the real jock, bet their money and wallah, cha ching.

I wish i was smart enough to have bet on this one! :lol:

I think using exercise riders at Aqueduct is a good idea - most of the jocks have no intention of riding to win. Never seen such a pathetic collection of sad-sack jockeys at one track, and I have been at FL for 47 years.:rolleyes:

Stillriledup
03-09-2013, 05:09 PM
I think using exercise riders at Aqueduct is a good idea - most of the jocks have no intention of riding to win. Never seen such a pathetic collection of sad-sack jockeys at one track, and I have been at FL for 47 years.:rolleyes:

I hear you Tom, i just started seriously following the Big A this year and it seems to me that jocks ride 6F races like they're in a mile and a half races. There's so much grabbing and rating and trying to be like Ramon its ridiculous. If you watch a lot of replays, you will end up saying "wow, really?" quite often.

Tom
03-09-2013, 05:12 PM
I've seen babies not grab their hobby horses as tightly as some of these guys.

WINMANWIN
03-09-2013, 05:13 PM
Hey Joe, hope all is well! Last time we were in New York my wife mentioned picking you up on the way to the Big A!
Some tri in cappy capasella with that 50 to 1 shot splitting them. If you
looked at the works one be be thrown OFF :bang: Tks CJ SO LONG AGO :D
Taking a shot in last keying these in last HYMAN ROTH AND WOBURN :confused:

WINMANWIN
03-09-2013, 05:15 PM
I hear you Tom, i just started seriously following the Big A this year and it seems to me that jocks ride 6F races like they're in a mile and a half races. There's so much grabbing and rating and trying to be like Ramon its ridiculous. If you watch a lot of replays, you will end up saying "wow, really?" quite often.

Amazing what happens at the starting gate when they're off and
shut off horses etc, POLY TIME.. :D Hi Tom all the best my friend.. :ThmbUp:

Stillriledup
03-09-2013, 05:15 PM
Some tri in cappy capasella with that 50 to 1 shot splitting them. If you
looked at the works one be be thrown OFF :bang: Tks CJ SO LONG AGO :D
Taking a shot in last keying these in last HYMAN ROTH AND WOBURN :confused:

That horse also stumbled at the start, he might have won had he got a clean(er) trip.

Was fresh Jacobson.

WINMANWIN
03-09-2013, 05:25 PM
That horse also stumbled at the start, he might have won had he got a clean(er) trip.

Was fresh Jacobson.
Yes was thinking the same thing..

Tom
03-09-2013, 05:26 PM
WINMAN!
Long time.....good to see you back!

PaceAdvantage
03-12-2013, 01:14 AM
WINMAN!
Long time.....good to see you back!Let me second that! Good to see you posting again Joe! Stick around a bit this time, will ya? :lol:

WINMANWIN
03-12-2013, 02:33 PM
[QUOTE=PaceAdvantage]Let me second that! Good to see you posting again Joe! Stick around a bit this time, will ya? :lol:[/QUOTE
Tks MIke, Hope to see u and others at toga this year ;)

Stillriledup
03-23-2013, 12:58 PM
Nina fans take alert, Nina is racing in the 2nd race today at Laurel, coming up in a few short minutes.

She's the 6 horse in Race 2.