PDA

View Full Version : Visiting The Big A

Stillriledup
03-08-2013, 04:53 PM
I have a buddy who is planning on going to the Big A in the near future to enjoy some live horse racing, he's the kind of person who likes to bet with the self service machines......and also probably wants to be inside somewhere. He's never been there...any 'tips n traps' he wants to avoid? He would be driving there with his pal.

Is there an indoor seating area where you can watch the races live and maybe grab a bite to eat?

He's an experienced track goer, just never been to the Big A.

Thanks for any advice.

OTM Al
03-08-2013, 04:58 PM
If he doesn't mind spending a little money, the Equestris restaurant on the top floor is pretty nice and has a great view of the track. Monitor on the table to watch simo races. No dress code per se but wear decent clothes. Food is ok. Not great but not bad either. I believe it is considered the largest dining room in NYC. The lower floors are a bit of a madhouse at times.

Stillriledup
03-08-2013, 05:04 PM
Thank You Al, i'll mention this to him.

SansuiSC
03-10-2013, 01:48 PM
You can bet a .50 pick 4 but a hot dog costs $8 :lol:
The racino is very disconnected from the races. No video what so ever. Also good to know going in.
Overall it's fairly fan friendly and there are plenty of self serve machines. It's still Aqueduct.
Parking is free in the racino area but you have to pay to park for track. Go figure. It's not that far of a walk to park for free.