PDA

View Full Version : History of the Eagles

redshift1
03-08-2013, 01:15 PM
On Showtime this week, never a big fan of the group but the documentary is great. Lot's of solid interviews tracing the history of the band and the comings and goings of the different members through time.

Mostly told through Glen Frey and Don Henley who come across as articulate and business savvy musicians.

Music reminds of the Southern California nightclub scene of the 70's.

Ocala Mike
03-08-2013, 02:33 PM
Joe Walsh the most interesting character in the group for me. Been to Hell and back, it seems. Hope the dude stays sober.

redshift1
03-08-2013, 03:03 PM
Definitely a free spirit and accomplished guitarist. Pretty funny to.

ArlJim78
03-08-2013, 03:39 PM
Liked them a lot back in the day, but it didn't hold up over the years. It's like some stuff you can hear over and over, and others like the Eagles you reach a point and say, okay that's enough.

Joe Walsh sure is an interesting dude. He was featured prominently on a Jeff Lynne documentary that I've seen a few times recently. speaking of interesting, Jeff Lynne, wow. I like his perfectionist style

redshift1
03-08-2013, 03:58 PM
It's like some stuff you can hear over and over, and others like the Eagles you reach a point and say, okay that's enough.

I reached that point early on with the Eagles except for the enduring single Hotel California. Catch the documentary if you can I came away with a whole different opinion of them as a band but not so much as a fan of their music.

Marshall Bennett
03-08-2013, 04:00 PM
Enjoyed a few of their great songs, the others not so much. Joe Walsh is outstanding with or without the band. Never thought they treated Fielder with the respect he deserved in his dismissal. A truly talented musician they never should have let go imo.

johnhannibalsmith
03-08-2013, 04:23 PM
This oughta go over like a fart in church, but I can't resist... :lol:

Wm-o7_VVAoU

redshift1
03-08-2013, 04:30 PM
Frey and Henley orchestrated his departure, as in any job personalties clash especially one where your job is 24/365. Toss in the drugs and alcohol and tension rises exponentially right or wrong.

ldiatone
03-08-2013, 04:57 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WGkl6BsKUpM

GaryG
03-08-2013, 04:57 PM
Hotel California is timeless and always a pleasure to listen to.

Zydeco
03-08-2013, 05:04 PM
Saw the documentary...thought it was very good. Read Felder's book and he says it went down pretty much the way they said it did. He wanted full share in the band and they didn't want to give it, Walsh said it's great gig dude so he signed on for the reunion. Love the films of the early years. Felder was also a friend of Bernie Leadon before Leadon formed the Eagles. Said it was weird to replace friend.

Tom
03-09-2013, 12:37 AM
Joe Walsh the most interesting character in the group for me. Been to Hell and back, it seems. Hope the dude stays sober.

Awesome in concert.....did about 25 minutes of this...
byemtlXKTYU

redshift1
03-09-2013, 01:00 AM
Saw the documentary...thought it was very good. Read Felder's book and he says it went down pretty much the way they said it did. He wanted full share in the band and they didn't want to give it, Walsh said it's great gig dude so he signed on for the reunion. Love the films of the early years. Felder was also a friend of Bernie Leadon before Leadon formed the Eagles. Said it was weird to replace friend.

How about that a cappella harmony in the first minute, wow.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c-q7Mih69KE

Ocala Mike
03-09-2013, 12:59 PM
Hotel California is timeless and always a pleasure to listen to.

Every time I listen to it, I pick up something I missed before. To say that there's a lot going on in that song (lyrics AND instruments) would be the understatement of all time.