PDA

View Full Version : 5YO FIRSTER

pandy
03-06-2013, 08:07 AM
5 year old maiden, Basilone, will debut in the 10th at Gulfstream today. Originally sold for $425,000, debuts for Chad Brown in a $12,500 maiden claimer.

jdhanover
03-06-2013, 08:33 AM
5 year old maiden, Basilone, will debut in the 10th at Gulfstream today. Originally sold for $425,000, debuts for Chad Brown in a $12,500 maiden claimer.

Going out on a limb here, but I think these owners have lost money on this horse....no matter what he does now. ;)

Tom
03-06-2013, 08:50 AM
He is so fast, they couldn't catch him for 4 years!

Beachbabe
03-06-2013, 09:32 AM
Looks to be named for the Marine (John Basilone) who received the Medal of Honor for heroism at Guadalcanal; and then opted to go back into combat when he could have remained as part of an ongoing war bond drive. He was subsequently killed on Iwo Jima.
And, for that reason, I'll root for the horse to have a successful remaining career.

:ThmbUp:

HPFridays
03-06-2013, 10:33 AM
Looks to be named for the Marine (John Basilone) who received the Medal of Honor for heroism at Guadalcanal; and then opted to go back into combat when he could have remained as part of an ongoing war bond drive. He was subsequently killed on Iwo Jima.
And, for that reason, I'll root for the horse to have a successful remaining career.

I'd guess you're likely right on the naming of the horse. I remember Basilone Road from my Camp Pendleton days, so I will also be rooting for this one as well. Being entered for 12,500 doesn't sound like a glowing endorsement from the connections though.

Pandy,

I'm enjoying your Pace Handicapping Longshots manual.

Beachbabe
03-06-2013, 10:44 AM
Basilone is an early scratch.

Tis a shame; there is a horse in the race :1: named Marine.
Could have been a hunch exacta play.

precocity
03-06-2013, 11:13 AM

ehh dont get it? why even run him.

Robert Fischer
03-06-2013, 11:23 AM
Basilone is an early scratch.

Tis a shame; there is a horse in the race :1: named Marine.
Could have been a hunch exacta play.

was about to post the same thing

pandy
03-06-2013, 03:59 PM
I'd guess you're likely right on the naming of the horse. I remember Basilone Road from my Camp Pendleton days, so I will also be rooting for this one as well. Being entered for 12,500 doesn't sound like a glowing endorsement from the connections though.

Pandy,

I'm enjoying your Pace Handicapping Longshots manual.

Thank you! I gave out a horse at Gulfstream on my website (free picks page) today that fit the method and won.