PDA

View Full Version : The mountain: Value city or a mirage?

WP1981
03-05-2013, 09:24 PM
Hit a nice winner there last night at 17-1 when I thought I'd be lucky to snag 4-1 off the 6-1 ml.

Just watched a shipper from Turfway with great works win an msw by five at 20-1 a few moments ago.

What is going on there? Starting to feel like retirement is within reach at 31 years old.

Is this A. Value city or B. A mirage? I have seen posts about rampant cheating and race rigging here by other members.

Enlighten me please! (I have spot played there for 5-10 years but haven't paid much attention until this meet started)

Stillriledup
03-05-2013, 10:36 PM
Mountain is a good place to make some money, but, you have to do the work, you have to really know the ins and outs of that place just like anything in life.

Mountain is very biasey, some days the rail is dead, others its not. Good place for making notes and really paying attention, certainly a place to make hay if you are on top of things.

BombsAway Bob
03-05-2013, 11:11 PM
Hit a nice winner there last night at 17-1 when I thought I'd be lucky to snag 4-1 off the 6-1 ml.

Just watched a shipper from Turfway with great works win an msw by five at 20-1 a few moments ago.

What is going on there? Starting to feel like retirement is within reach at 31 years old.

Is this A. Value city or B. A mirage? I have seen posts about rampant cheating and race rigging here by other members.

Enlighten me please! (I have spot played there for 5-10 years but haven't paid much attention until this meet started)

Mark & Nancy have a Daily "Track Bias" Notes on their website
that is helpful. It used to be more detailed, & seldom mentions
any turf bias during summer, but is a Great tool, one i wish
NYRA would add to their website.

http://www.mtrracetrack.com/all-racing-news/127-track-bias

The other BIG thing to pay heed to are the subtle class drops
at the Mountain, since it features many of the same refrain.

--- Note N2Y or N1Y in PP's can have "hidden" drops/raises ---

N2Y= Non-Winners of Two Races in 6-months vs.
N3Y= Non-Winners of Three Races in 12-months.
N2Y= Non-Winners of Two Races in 12-months,
N1Y= Non-Winners of One Race in 6-months,
N1Y= Non-Winners of One Race in 12-months

WP1981
03-06-2013, 12:48 AM
Thank you both for the input. Will definitely check into it more.

Last meet I noticed someone was pounding the chalk down to 1-9 before what seemed like every other race. Money coming in at post would only manage to bring the horse to even money, if that. The 3-4-5-6/1 choices would often win at boxcar odds.

Any idea who/why this was being done? Surely a losing proposition.

SharpCat
03-06-2013, 01:42 AM
Thank you both for the input. Will definitely check into it more.

Last meet I noticed someone was pounding the chalk down to 1-9 before what seemed like every other race. Money coming in at post would only manage to bring the horse to even money, if that. The 3-4-5-6/1 choices would often win at boxcar odds.

Any idea who/why this was being done? Surely a losing proposition.

He's called the Mad Bomber. It's a $5000 win wager first flash on the tote. He's trying to manipulate the pools to his advantage. He's been doing it for the last couple of years.

MightBeSosa
03-06-2013, 11:38 AM
I see a lot crazier bets in the exotics at the majors every day.

Pensacola Pete
03-14-2013, 12:31 PM
He's called the Mad Bomber. It's a $5000 win wager first flash on the tote. He's trying to manipulate the pools to his advantage. He's been doing it for the last couple of years.

If he was manipulating pools to play against a book, why would he put it in early and draw money to it? Better to put it in late so the prices on the others stay high.

mountainman
03-14-2013, 12:54 PM
Mark & Nancy have a Daily "Track Bias" Notes on their website
that is helpful. It used to be more detailed, & seldom mentions
any turf bias during summer

Nancy has been doing the bias notes since last march. Naturally, her style and opinions differ somewhat from mine.