PDA

View Full Version : Formulator 4.1

cj
03-05-2013, 12:14 PM
It has been retired. You now must use the web version.

DeltaLover
03-05-2013, 01:47 PM
Makes sense..

Tom
03-05-2013, 02:38 PM
Takes me out the market for good.
Not that I buy many DRF products as it is.

I did buy the Form for last Saturday, sometimes I just to kick back in my easy chair and read the whole thing. I was amazed at how many races had no Beyer Pars listed for the races - no excuse for not having them. Most of the types of races I saw have plenty of data for them to make a a par. My own DB appears to be far deeper than DRF's......that is sad. All that data, so little use of it all.

classhandicapper
03-05-2013, 04:22 PM
Bummer.

I used to like to save the PPs in the old Formulater. They were neatly organized etc...

DeltaLover
03-05-2013, 06:15 PM
Bummer.

I used to like to save the PPs in the old Formulater. They were neatly organized etc...

Does this mean that under the Web version of formulator you can no longer store PPs localy? I find such a restriction at least terrible and ridiculous....

cj
03-05-2013, 06:23 PM
You can, but only as a PDF.

FiveWide
03-05-2013, 11:25 PM
CJ is correct. You can save the PPs in pdf format. You have to choose to Print the PPs which generates the pdf. Then you can select the save icon. This is explained in their FAQ as well. I think that is where I found out how to do it.

-Five

classhandicapper
03-06-2013, 12:08 PM
CJ is correct. You can save the PPs in pdf format. You have to choose to Print the PPs which generates the pdf. Then you can select the save icon. This is explained in their FAQ as well. I think that is where I found out how to do it.

-Five

Yep. It's more work, more time consuming, and my PDFs are not as neatly organized.

Broad Brush
03-06-2013, 10:30 PM
Did anyone use the "export delimited file" option in Formulator 4.1?
I have tried to export on the web and it does not work.

Any ideas??

I'm lost without my figures using the delimted files.

permenbg
03-07-2013, 12:00 PM
do you know if the new formulator will let you export like in
F 4.1. last time i check you had to used the old one .hope they finally got it to work

bobby

Track Collector
03-07-2013, 12:38 PM
F 4.1. last time i check you had to used the old one .hope they finally got it to work

bobby

I can export 4.0, and I would not expect things to be any different for 4.1.

classhandicapper
03-07-2013, 07:20 PM

bobby

I can do an export, but I have no idea what format it's in and can't open it, unzip it, or do anything with it. Then again, I just got Windows 8 and it's more or less a nightmare from hell so I probably don't know how to.

If anyone has any ideas for me, I'd be appreciative.

Broad Brush
03-07-2013, 07:49 PM
I can do an export, but I have no idea what format it's in and can't open it, unzip it, or do anything with it. Then again, I just got Windows 8 and it's more or less a nightmare from hell so I probably don't know how to.

If anyone has any ideas for me, I'd be appreciative.

When you see the zip file, "right click" on it and select "open new window"

This will let you see the files in it. To get the delimited file Right Click again
on the file you want
and select copy you can then paste it into the folder you used to export to
and open it. Let me know if you need more help.

Thanks to those who answered my post back...

FiveWide
03-07-2013, 11:14 PM
I have been able to export from the web with no problems. Using Windows 8 btw. I think there is the ability to choose which format you want to export to. I use the exported files in my custom program.

The one nice thing about the new online way you have to save the PPs is they are no longer machine dependent once you save them. On the standalone, I thought it was crappy of DRF to only allow you to open PPs from the machine you downloaded them from.

-Five