PDA

View Full Version : Derby fever a la Optimizer? or AK?

iceknight
03-04-2013, 01:33 AM
Rydilluc.. did very well on turf beating charming kitten and others today..(his first race was a belmont dirt - poor)

and now this...

http://www.bloodhorse.com/horse-racing/articles/76624/contessa-mulls-options-after-rydilluc-cruises?source=rss

redshift1
03-04-2013, 01:52 AM
There's a lot to like especially the sire.

menifee
03-04-2013, 02:24 AM
This horse looks very good to me. He looked really good today - I think they will try to get him in the Derby via the poly route.

letswastemoney
03-04-2013, 03:31 AM
Once the horse has tried the surface, the breeding doesn't matter much.

I suppose you can give him one more chance on dirt. If he fails again, then it should be over. Unfortunately, he may get to hide in the synthetic races, so if he gets through it will be tough to handicap him off his 1 dirt failure.

iceknight
03-04-2013, 10:20 AM
Once the horse has tried the surface, the breeding doesn't matter much.

I suppose you can give him one more chance on dirt. If he fails again, then it should be over. Unfortunately, he may get to hide in the synthetic races, so if he gets through it will be tough to handicap him off his 1 dirt failure. Which means he will be a longshot and a nice score if he wins!!

Good to hear feedback on this horse. I definitely liked his performances and of course, Edgar Prado rides him, so it's always a class act!

lamboguy
03-04-2013, 10:40 AM
pedigree is a fun way to look at things. when i do pay attention to pedigree i usually look at the dam.

i will tell you years ago with Mr. Prospector, and Valid Appeal, almost everything was a dead bang runner at any distance or surface.

the 2 best sires for Turf were Round Table and Tom Rolfe. the top usually shows up better for turf runners. if you know your turf pedigrees you will find plenty of $80 winners floating around North America. all you have to do is pay attention. if you are at the track and know how to look at turf feet you can bring that to another level as well. i actually know a guy that has been doing that now for 40 years. he goes to gulfstream, Keeneland, Belmont and Saratoga. he has never looked at a racing form, never bets more than $200 a race, never inherited any money, and never had a regular job.

Striker
03-04-2013, 01:00 PM
Will get to run against Uncaptured if he goes in the Spiral.

Robert Fischer
03-04-2013, 01:35 PM
Guessing we'll see him in the Bluegrass.

iceknight
03-04-2013, 04:13 PM
[QUOTE=lamboguy]pedigree is a fun way to look at things. when i do pay attention to pedigree i usually look at the dam.

/QUOTE] Speaking of pedigrees, Eskendreya has been breeding like -well- crazy. Anyone know what is the update on any big name foals/when they hit the racetracks etc?

http://www.taylormadestallions.com/horses/eskendereya-1184.html

Leparoux
03-05-2013, 11:55 AM
Connections saying he is headed to the Spiral. This is shaping up to be a very intriguing race.

Robert Fischer
03-05-2013, 07:51 PM
Connections saying he is headed to the Spiral. This is shaping up to be a very intriguing race.

It sure is.

EVERYBODY is nominated to that one.

Worth 50points, so it could be even classier than usual.