PDA

View Full Version : Went the Day Well

turninforhome10
03-03-2013, 01:28 PM
121k dropped in the show pool. Big balloons when he does not even switch leads and fails to fire what so ever and run a bad bad race. Did not look good for the horse or the bridgejumper that got fried.
Aqueduct - Race 2
# Win Place Show
3 $8.00 $4.40 $9.70
5 . $12.60$33.00
2 . . $43.40

dansan
03-03-2013, 01:29 PM
Horse look terrible

Stillriledup
03-03-2013, 01:32 PM
The day is going well for people who spread in the show pool!

turninforhome10
03-03-2013, 01:40 PM
Where will they try to make it up? Today?

MightBeSosa
03-03-2013, 01:52 PM
How are you going to make it up?

Bet a million?

Stillriledup
03-03-2013, 02:19 PM
How are you going to make it up?

Bet a million?

Lets hope!

horses4courses
03-03-2013, 03:33 PM
Seems WTDW struggling to breathe during race today, for whatever reason.

http://www.teamvalor.com/news/March2013/WTDWAqu.pdf

nijinski
03-03-2013, 03:41 PM
Seems WTDW struggling to breathe during race today, for whatever reason.

http://www.teamvalor.com/news/March2013/WTDWAqu.pdf
Sorry to hear this , maybe a displaced palate .

MightBeSosa
03-03-2013, 03:42 PM
Hope the horse is ok, but I suspect the breathing of the bridge jumpers was even worse.

1st time lasix
03-04-2013, 03:38 PM
I rarely play NY during the winter "little A" meet. Yesterday however I focused my handicapping attention to play against-"Went the day well." I never really expected him to completely miss the board and I only viewed the 3 or 4 entries as possible upsetters in the field. After all I generally suspect an inside speed bias there. The mile distance might have been a bit too short for the talented colt should he elect to close from off the pace in this race. I also thought the long layoff following an injury might be a negative factor. Unfortunately the 4 really acted up terribly in and around the gate and i would have eliminated him--- if NY ever would give you enough time to cancel and redo before they just continue loading. Given my multi-race view....I went to doubles on each side,... pick threes... and the pick four which started in that leg. The early double and early picked three scored. Happy for that. I kick myself for not playing the morning line "odds- on" chalk in both the last two legs of the four. Guess i was looking for the bigger 1000-3000 score. I had four alive in each leg.... but I didn't play both the two favorites on same tx. Another kick for not having it vertically. It paid great of course without the well known horse... but I had zero feel for anything but the two that might beat him on their best day. The stressed out four would likely have been keyed with the 3 so I may have missed it anyway. I hope the breathing issue described as his excuse is temporary..... but I would rathe be lucky than good at times.

horses4courses
03-04-2013, 03:51 PM
I rarely play NY during the winter "little A" meet. Yesterday however I focused my handicapping attention to play against-"Went the day well." I never really expected him to completely miss the board and I only viewed the 3 or 4 entries as possible upsetters in the field. After all I generally suspect an inside speed bias there. The mile distance might have been a bit too short for the talented colt should he elect to close from off the pace in this race. I also thought the long layoff following an injury might be a negative factor. Unfortunately the 4 really acted up terribly in and around the gate and i would have eliminated him--- if NY ever would give you enough time to cancel and redo before they just continue loading. Given my multi-race view....I went to doubles on each side,... pick threes... and the pick four which started in that leg. The early double and early picked three scored. Happy for that. I kick myself for not playing the morning line "odds- on" chalk in both the last two legs of the four. Guess i was looking for the bigger 1000-3000 score. I had four alive in each leg.... but I didn't play both the two favorites on same tx. Another kick for not having it vertically. It paid great of course without the well known horse... but I had zero feel for anything but the two that might beat him on their best day. The stressed out four would likely have been keyed with the 3 so I may have missed it anyway. I hope the breathing issue described as his excuse is temporary..... but I would rathe be lucky than good at times.

I'm getting a strong aroma of redboard here.
Or, maybe it's just me? ;)

tbwinner
03-04-2013, 03:55 PM
I think bridgejumpers are mostly stupid, but ones that bet on 10+ month layoffs like that no matter the race deserve what is handed them.

Stillriledup
03-04-2013, 05:36 PM
I'm getting a strong aroma of redboard here.
Or, maybe it's just me? ;)

The opposite of redboard is to release all your information, all your hard work, right here on the board. Or, you could keep it to yourself, protect your price, and then gloat after the fact.

is it not ok to gloat after the fact? :D

MightBeSosa
03-04-2013, 09:30 PM
Yeah, it's ok, but unless you are willing to post your roi honestly, we can't assume any prowess beyond showing up after a win.

kapish?
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_Wqo9IVCWV5E/SDbpbl14NmI/AAAAAAAAAaE/3AL0mdrpD_c/s320/bz+Magic8Ball+05-16-08WB.jpg

Stillriledup
03-04-2013, 09:33 PM
Yeah, it's ok, but unless you are willing to post your roi honestly, we can't assume any prowess beyond showing up after a win.

kapish?
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_Wqo9IVCWV5E/SDbpbl14NmI/AAAAAAAAAaE/3AL0mdrpD_c/s320/bz+Magic8Ball+05-16-08WB.jpg

LOL

We know that nobody on the message boards of America is posting that they made a score but really didnt.

Right? :D

pele polo
03-04-2013, 10:14 PM
Coincidentally another Team Valor / Motion horse was a big disappointment over the weekend ... Lucky Chappy at Gulfstream Saturday in an Allowance event, although he wasn't bet down like WTDW. I had $10 to show on him .... :( ... :blush:

MightBeSosa
03-04-2013, 10:15 PM
I'm really less concerned about that then selective reporting, which is probably a lot more rampant then outright lying.

precocity
03-05-2013, 08:05 AM
big wtdw fan just doesn't seem he has been the same after the derby? even though it was his first race back, hope he turns it around.

burnsy
03-07-2013, 05:48 PM
I think bridgejumpers are mostly stupid, but ones that bet on 10+ month layoffs like that no matter the race deserve what is handed them.
not only that but since when has this horse really been that good? its like this horse is some kind of champ coming off the bench....no, hes a HALF WAY decent horse that was HURT. People say you can't beat the public, these are the times you can crush the public or whatever idiot that wants to jump off the brooklyn bridge....:lol: un-freakin-believable..but it happens over and over again.

BlueChip@DRF
03-07-2013, 05:55 PM
I feel bad for the horse. He was my Derby pick. A nice turn of foot and all. I just don't know what went wrong and now this. This guy was a killer on turf. I don't know why they didn't try turf again.