PDA

View Full Version : windows 7

magwell
03-03-2013, 09:41 AM
How do you set it up to keep from putting in my password every time i want to use my pc ?.... now it stays good for bout 20 min, I would like it to stay on for like 12 hours at a time. Thanks

HUSKER55
03-03-2013, 09:49 AM
I am not a guru, but, I think you have to go into power options and changes the settings under balance to "never" on everything so the computer never shuts off or powers down.

But that is a guess,...(60 - 40).

good luck.

Marshall Bennett
03-03-2013, 11:46 AM
Try control panel/user accounts.

DJofSD
03-03-2013, 12:34 PM
How do you set it up to keep from putting in my password every time i want to use my pc ?.... now it stays good for bout 20 min, I would like it to stay on for like 12 hours at a time. Thanks
Are you not liking the screen saver prompting for a password, or, when you initally turn on the PC and Windows has you sign into your account?

magwell
03-03-2013, 01:05 PM
Are you not liking the screen saver prompting for a password, or, when you initally turn on the PC and Windows has you sign into your account? Yes if I'm not doing something after 20 min it shuts off and I have to start and put my password in again .

Tom
03-03-2013, 01:41 PM
Is it mandatory you have a password?
I do not use on on XP and have absolutely 0 use for a password - ever.

DJofSD
03-03-2013, 01:41 PM
OK, click on Control Panel then Appearance and Personalization, then under the item which should be at the top of the list, Personalziation, you should see "Change screen saver."

Click on "change screen saver and then you should see a multi-tabbed window pop up. Look in the middle of that new window. You should see an area enclosed in a gray line with a title of "Screen saver." Find the check box with a label "On resume, display logon screen." I expect that box does have a check mark. Click on it to remove the check mark then click on Apply. That should change the behavior of the screen saver to that when you wiggle the mouse or hit any key on the keyboard, the screen saver goes away and you can see your apps or the desktop without needing to re-enter your password.

Reply back if that does not do the trick.

magwell
03-03-2013, 05:11 PM
It didn't work but I was able to adjust the time on the screen saver.....

PeteKoch
03-29-2013, 11:03 AM
Control Panel\Hardware and Sound\Power Options\System Settings

On my 2 systems (Both Win7 - Home Premium and Starter), there is an option on this page to turn off the requirement of a password when returning from Sleep.

raybo
04-03-2013, 01:14 PM
Control Panel\Hardware and Sound\Power Options\System Settings

On my 2 systems (Both Win7 - Home Premium and Starter), there is an option on this page to turn off the requirement of a password when returning from Sleep.

Can you not disable "sleep" in Win7? I hate that stuff, when I want it to go to sleep, I'll tell it to go to sleep! Still using Vista.