PDA

View Full Version : SLEW'S FAST HORSES FOR SUN. 032/03

MeSlew
03-02-2013, 10:05 PM
SLEW'S FAST HORSES FOR SUN 3/3 Hello All! For Sunday, here are the races and tracks on Slew' mind...such as it is:

Aqueduct - 5
Gulfstream - 2,3,6,8,10,11
SantaAnita - 1,2,3,4,6,7,8
Tampa - 2,6
Parx - 6
Oaklawn - 5

We got a nice run from Kitten's Point today worth $15.60 for those of us who were true belivers. I heard from more than a few of you
who made good use of the single at Tampa, Gulf Wind. Add to that the cold exacta in the 8th at Santa Anita that paid a warm $50 for each dollar invested
and I'd say it was a good day for Slewers!

For tomorrow, we have two Key Horses running in the same race.

Decisive Moment - GP ( 6) GP 02/01/13 # 5
Big Blue Kitten - GP ( 6) GP 12/08/12 # 5

Now when I wrote the latest GP review i did not expect these horses to run back in such short order. But here we have another one, Decisive Moment.
From my blog regarding the race that got Decisive Moment on the list:
February 1, 2013 Race 5 - An Allowance Optional Claiming with a tag of $100K and a purse of $65K, this race was won by Barclay Tagg's Beau Choix (Saez)
from off a fast pace. This one went on to run 3rd with Castellano up behind the accomplished Data Link on Feb. 23rd in the Grade III Canadian Turf. Upgrade ridden by
Johnny V. and trained by Michelle Nihei may have needed this one just a bit. Look for him in his next start, especially if Michelle hikes the class ladder to a soft Grade 3.
Conversely, Decisive Moment (Arias/Trujillo), the enterprising pace setter who cut impressive fractions on the lead will need a drop to softer company.
He was 14-1 in this affair, but won't be half that in his next start if the others are less than stellar.

He finds himself at the same level and as for softer company, I doubt it. Big Blue Kitten came back after a 6 month layoff to beat some nice horses in an AlwOC at GP
on 12/8/2012. He beat the likes of Joes Blazing Aaron and Za Approval, both of whom ran behind the accomplished Data Link (2nd and 4th) in the
GIII Canadian Turf run on 2/23. That was a reversal of positions from 1/5/2013 when Za beat Joe at this same level.

Like your mom always told you: It's the company you keep, baby.

And keep in mind that Mr. Kitten is an over-achiever of sorts, having begun his career reeling off 5 straight wins (after an initial 3rd) starting in the maiden claiming ranks
and finishing 5 months later with a win in the GII Hall of Fame Stakes at Saratoga. I think someone made a boo-boo when processing his job application.
I'll also note that they both show up for their race in Slew's main listing. A double, double whammy.

And to make matters worse, also in that race is a horse called Slew's Answer! As if life isn't complicated enough.

Finally, a big congrats to Game On Dude who put on a show today at Santa Anita. That...is an athlete.

So: Enjoy the Sunday racing. And as always...good luck and good 'capping!