Gutsy or what?

Back in 7 days, he refuses to lose.
That was one nice stretch run.

Robert Fischer
03-02-2013, 04:42 PM
very game

Beachbabe
03-02-2013, 04:43 PM
He looked to be no better than 3rd by the 1/16th pole.
That was about as game an effort as you'll see.

Stillriledup
03-02-2013, 04:47 PM
He's a piece of iron, no two ways about it.

elysiantraveller
03-02-2013, 05:01 PM
Three different times in the stretch I thought he was done... lucky head bob...

burnsy
03-02-2013, 05:28 PM
[QUOTE=elysiantraveller]Three different times in the stretch I thought he was done... lucky head bob...[/QUOTE

i don't know about luck, that horse fought off at least 3 challangers from both sides.

Stillriledup
03-02-2013, 05:39 PM
[QUOTE=elysiantraveller]Three different times in the stretch I thought he was done... lucky head bob...[/QUOTE

i don't know about luck, that horse fought off at least 3 challangers from both sides.

The luck part was 1 inch before the wire....he had the luck and the 2nd place finisher didnt. Both ran great, neither one got lucky to be in that photo, it took luck to win that bob considering the other horse was essentially ahead in the final yards....maybe Comma wasnt lucky to win the bob, but the other horse was sure unlucky to lose it.

elysiantraveller
03-02-2013, 05:43 PM

I was happy, trust me, and he was dead game the whole way but if you watched the last 100 frames of that finish CTTT was in front maybe 5 of them... and thats when they took the picture. ;)

FantasticDan
03-02-2013, 05:52 PM
Hard-knockin' claimer Head Heart Hoof also ran well. :ThmbUp:

elysiantraveller
03-02-2013, 06:23 PM
Hard-knockin' claimer Head Heart Hoof also ran well. :ThmbUp:

Agreed, I was surprised how ignored he was on the tote.

Stillriledup
03-02-2013, 06:32 PM
Agreed, I was surprised how ignored he was on the tote.

Two lines back, he got loose on the lead and held on vs a small field...last time, he got out well, used a longshot as a 'pick' and drove home while the 2nd place finisher was full of run up the rail while bottled up. I think the logic people had was that even though he won 2 in a row, he wasnt better than the 2nd place finisher in his race last time and now today, he not only had post 9, but he didnt figure to get an easy lead with Comma in the race.

There were more 'fancy' horses to choose from. I bet on the 3 in there, loved his video, he raced fantastic coming from far back and wide on a day where it was hard to close and probably cost himself the win by not switching leads down to the stripe.

I liked Hoof at the price and used him in some exotics, the price was just too long for me to toss him out completely.

burnsy
03-03-2013, 08:58 AM
that horse ran his eyballs of to get that "lucky". as others have noted the other horses ran well too. that might of been the race of the inner track meet right there.

Jasonm921
03-03-2013, 09:47 AM
that horse ran his eyballs of to get that "lucky". as others have noted the other horses ran well too. that might of been the race of the inner track meet right there.

It WAS the race of the meet. Comma To The Top came back in a week and traveled cross country. Utilizing time tested training methods (of oh about 90 years) sometimes works and it did yesterday. That is what you call heart and foundation and a gutsy call by the team.

Tom
03-03-2013, 10:41 AM
So much for we need 6 weeks off every time we run.
I have always thought horses ran better when they ran more often.
They kept talking about it on HRTV like 7 days was some horrible deal for CTTT.

Fastracehorse
03-03-2013, 01:23 PM
So much for we need 6 weeks off every time we run.
I have always thought horses ran better when they ran more often.
They kept talking about it on HRTV like 7 days was some horrible deal for CTTT.

Acclimitization and travel from one coast to the other in a week!

i wasn't touching that horse and yes, U r right, he was huge, he even broke poorly, and got collared late

some horses may like the cooler weather

fffastt

elysiantraveller
03-03-2013, 04:02 PM
When connections make a strong move like that its obviously "win right now" thinking.

A tough race a week prior, shipping cross country, and going warm to cold weather is a strong enough move to get my action.