View Full Version : How bad is it?

Tom
03-02-2013, 11:26 AM
The economy is bad.
How bad is it.......

It is so bad, they laid off the Pope!

TJDave
03-02-2013, 01:29 PM
Must have been tough returning the "infallibility" card.

thaskalos
03-02-2013, 01:49 PM
The economy is so bad...even our parish Greek Orthodox priest (who is a neighbor of mine) has had to downsize, from an Audi SUV -- to a Honda CRV...

"The Lord giveth...and the Lord taketh away", I told him...but he didn't seem amused.

TJDave
03-02-2013, 02:01 PM
Is part of his flock off-road?

fast4522
03-02-2013, 04:26 PM
It is so bad that the democrats actually get to have a party until the majority of people figure out what inflation will feel like when it hits. Then the democrats return to the 70's burnouts they really are.

Tom
03-02-2013, 04:27 PM
I though it was "the Lord giveth, and Obama taketh away."

FantasticDan
03-02-2013, 05:53 PM
Must have been tough returning the "infallibility" card.You talkin' 'bout Tom or the Pope? :p

Tom
03-02-2013, 06:04 PM
I kept my red shoes.

HUSKER55
03-03-2013, 09:55 AM
click 'em twice tom, and see where you land:D

Rookies
03-03-2013, 10:31 AM
The economy is so bad...even our parish Greek Orthodox priest (who is a neighbor of mine) has had to downsize, from an Audi SUV -- to a Honda CRV...

"The Lord giveth...and the Lord taketh away", I told him...but he didn't seem amused.

:lol:

Similar Segue Thask...

My wife comes from (former) coal mining country in North East Pa, in a little town south of the seat of power- Scranton. During it's heyday in the 30s Scranton topped out at 143,000 in pop. When I met up with my wife it was already sliding south of 100k, but that didn't stop the Archbishop from owning... wait for it...a Lear Jet! :eek: :lol: :D :rolleyes:

And EVERY local priest of a 15k town had a black Cadillac.

No wonder working class Catholics have been deserting the Church by the thousands there!

Tom
03-03-2013, 10:46 AM
And of course you have researched and know where the only for the cars and jet came from?

I think a lot of Catholics have deserted the Church for the same reason so many are turning to democrats - far easier to follow the path of least resistance.
Being a practicing Catholic takes work, like being a practicing conservative. Far too hard for marginal people to do.

Rookies
03-03-2013, 11:02 AM
And of course you have researched and know where the only for the cars and jet came from?

I think a lot of Catholics have deserted the Church for the same reason so many are turning to democrats - far easier to follow the path of least resistance.
Being a practicing Catholic takes work, like being a practicing conservative. .

Tom, I presume you meant 'MONEY' in the FUBARed beginning sentence.

I do know, (since I went to Mass there from time to time as an erstwhile Catholic), that my wife's Parish Priest made sure that the Bulletin published the yearly tithes of all parishioners...:rolleyes:

It did NOT go over well.:ThmbDown: It stopped my deceased Coal Mining/Army/National Guard Con Democrat F-I-L from attending anymore. Being a practicing Catholic takes the patience of Job in the modern world. When these extravagances of not being in the same row boat together come out, the faith is sorely tried and often found wanting.

Segue 2:

Of course, maybe this is intrinsic to my wife's family and their relations with the Church. During the epicentre period of the areas' Catholic faith in the 30s-50s, this story came out. My wife's Polish grandfather was out front of the family home taking a few whacks at a very stubborn mule who wasn't moving.

The Parish Priest imperiously stopped by and remonished him.

The GF (in Polish) immediately replied:

" Well, if he (mule) didn't want to be a Priest, he has to work!":lol:

Tom
03-03-2013, 11:49 AM
Another reason for a northern border fence.

Greyfox
03-03-2013, 12:00 PM
The economy is so bad that Obama is giving $450,000,000 bucks to the Muslim Brotherhood Egyptian Government. :rolleyes:

http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories/M/ML_KERRY?SITE=AP&SECTION=HOME&TEMPLATE=DEFAULT&CTIME=2013-03-03-11-10-44

Tom
03-03-2013, 12:11 PM
Yes, release criminals at home for lack of money while funding terrorists.
hcap....proud of your boy?

Treason. The only word for it is treason.
High crimes.

fast4522
03-03-2013, 07:11 PM
Shit, everyone wants to be budds with BHO

Tom
03-03-2013, 10:32 PM
Hey, it is March.

LEAVE OBAMA ALONE!

It is MARCH....MARCH MADNESS.
He needs to bet his brackets. First things first.
Maybe he can get some help here!