PDA

View Full Version : CT 5th Fri 3/1

thespaah
03-01-2013, 09:40 PM
Incredible chain of events in the 5th.
First, at the wire the entire field fanned across the stretch with the last place horse just two lengths behind the winner.
The camera could not separate the :5: and :8: . Dead heat for win
Now, the :2: in midstretch, according to the head on, went for a hole in the 5 path. The hole was at least two path wide. While this was going on, the :4: on the inside, made a right turn while the :3: which was outside the hole the :2: was attempting to go thru, angled sharply to the left. The :3: ended up in a dead heat with the :1: for 4th place filling out the super.
Now the fun begins. The stewards put up an inquiry immediately. The rider on the :2: lodges a foul claim on both the :3: and :4: ..20 mins later, the Stewards rule the :3: interfered with the :2: and that one placed behind the :2: The stewards also ruled the :4: caused interference and placed that one behind the :3:
If I can put up the video I will. If some one can find the head on, that would be helpful..
In my view the Stewards at Chas Town for their work on this event.

thespaah
03-01-2013, 10:41 PM
Here's the video...Watch the :2: at the rear of the field...

Stillriledup
03-02-2013, 01:55 AM
Hmmmm, how did i know, before even reading all you wrote, that there was going to be at least 1 DQ in the race?

That's what stewards do, they figure out ways to not pay off the winners.

thespaah
03-02-2013, 11:35 AM
Hmmmm, how did i know, before even reading all you wrote, that there was going to be at least 1 DQ in the race?

Ok, Mr Contrary. I posted this because I wanted to point out that on occasion track Stewards have to make difficult decisions. My goal here was to commend the Chastown Stewards for doing what I consider to have been a bang up job making a ruling here.
You turned it into an opportunity to spew a rant that Stewards' job is to figure out ways to not pay off winners....'Scuse me? :eek:

VeryOldMan
03-02-2013, 11:54 AM

Did you even watch the race or look at the results? The DQ didn't involve either of the 2 horses that DH'ed for 1st.

Watch the replay and look at the results - stewards had to figure out two different DH for position (how often do you see a race with 2?) and then an interesting interference issue where a hole got closed very suddenly on one of the horses in the deep stretch, with the pinch coming from two different horses right and left.

I'm on board with the OP - that was a wild finish.

notoutofpounds
03-02-2013, 12:13 PM
Hey thespaah and VeryOldMan, that was a really wild finish to the race. I was watching it live at the simulcast centre and it was part of a contest that used CT Races. The room was buzzing after this race. It is not often that you see the cameraman have to zoom out for a six horse finish at the wire. The very unfortunate :2: would have made it a seven horse photo, but he was sure shut down in an unusual way.

v j stauffer
03-02-2013, 12:41 PM

6073 posts. Good chance that's the stupidest thing you've ever written.

We getting special treatment cuz it's BIG CAP day? :bang: :mad:

cj
03-02-2013, 12:50 PM

Sadly, it isn't.

Stillriledup
03-02-2013, 01:08 PM

What did i say that wasnt correct?

Robert Fischer
03-02-2013, 01:34 PM

at least all the GOOFY negative off-topic troll posts (such as SRU's in this thread) discourage me from reading threads and leaves me extra time to spend handicapping afternoon races. :ThmbUp:

thespaah
03-02-2013, 02:30 PM

:lol:

thespaah
03-02-2013, 02:33 PM
What did i say that wasnt correct?
"That's what stewards do, they figure out ways to not pay off the winners."..
That is patently FALSE.
That's the same premise that officials in other sports primary focus is to skew the results one way or another.
Do you now understand?

thespaah
03-02-2013, 02:36 PM
at least all the GOOFY negative off-topic troll posts (such as SRU's in this thread) discourage me from reading threads and leaves me extra time to spend handicapping afternoon races. :ThmbUp:
SRU?

Stillriledup
03-02-2013, 02:55 PM
"That's what stewards do, they figure out ways to not pay off the winners."..
That is patently FALSE.
That's the same premise that officials in other sports primary focus is to skew the results one way or another.
Do you now understand?

No, that's not what i said or meant. Here's why your example is different from what i was talking about. Lets take the NBA. Sometimes its a charge, sometimes its a block...many of those situations are exactly 50.50 and the refs have to decide if the player charged or the defender blocked. Those happen 5 or 10 times per night in every game pretty much...but, on the racing stewards part, its a judgment call in the sense that he can call it either way.....in racing, the steward has to respect the physical results.....he knows the horse who won, who finished 2nd, etc...so, in that sense, he can either DQ someone or not DQ someone, but if he leaves the result alone, its not like he had to make a decision on who the winner was going to be, the winner has already been physically decided by the participants.

Stillriledup
03-02-2013, 02:58 PM
:lol:

Vic has you laughing....if he ever retires as a horse announcer he can go into stand up comedy for sure. :D

castaway01
03-02-2013, 04:13 PM
No, that's not what i said or meant. Here's why your example is different from what i was talking about. Lets take the NBA. Sometimes its a charge, sometimes its a block...many of those situations are exactly 50.50 and the refs have to decide if the player charged or the defender blocked. Those happen 5 or 10 times per night in every game pretty much...but, on the racing stewards part, its a judgment call in the sense that he can call it either way.....in racing, the steward has to respect the physical results.....he knows the horse who won, who finished 2nd, etc...so, in that sense, he can either DQ someone or not DQ someone, but if he leaves the result alone, its not like he had to make a decision on who the winner was going to be, the winner has already been physically decided by the participants.

This situation was obviously one where you hadn't watched the race first and just wanted to spout off to add to your post total. When people called you on it (like, gee, it was a crazy race and not a bad call by the stewards), you had zero information to back your opinion, and you came off looking like a fool.

So, basically, like thousands of your posts, but at least you didn't have to recycle it from five years ago. At least when you reply to this post your post count will go up by one. Nice work. And you're a professional gambler, right? :lol:

Stillriledup
03-02-2013, 04:42 PM
This situation was obviously one where you hadn't watched the race first and just wanted to spout off to add to your post total. When people called you on it (like, gee, it was a crazy race and not a bad call by the stewards), you had zero information to back your opinion, and you came off looking like a fool.

So, basically, like thousands of your posts, but at least you didn't have to recycle it from five years ago. At least when you reply to this post your post count will go up by one. Nice work. And you're a professional gambler, right? :lol:

Awww boo hoo hoo, did i hurt your itty bitty feelings? I'll try and check with you before i post next time. There's a massive steward bash fest on the Beulah thread and i post some innocuous comment about judges and i get all the crybabies coming to pile on.

Have at it, keep piling on, i know if you're piling on, i must be doing something right.

PaceAdvantage
03-03-2013, 10:10 PM
Have at it, keep piling on, i know if you're piling on, i must be doing something right.Doing something right? Has that ever happened here?

Stillriledup
03-03-2013, 10:13 PM
Doing something right? Has that ever happened here?

Depends on who you ask.

thespaah
03-03-2013, 11:34 PM
Then you worded your original statement very poorly.

Stillriledup
03-03-2013, 11:50 PM
Then you worded your original statement very poorly.

http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/showthread.php?t=101506

Did i word this one poorly too? Seems like i must have.