PDA

View Full Version : Junior Alvarado.

Stillriledup
03-01-2013, 04:59 PM
Looked like he had a case of Meaux-itis in the final 70 yards in the finale at Big A.....lucky that the wire saved him a fine and he held 2nd with Gravitate. Yikes, too close to call, much worse looking than what Kent did the other day.

castaway01
03-01-2013, 05:01 PM
Looked like he had a case of Meaux-itis in the final 70 yards in the finale at Big A.....lucky that the wire saved him a fine and he held 2nd with Gravitate. Yikes, too close to call, much worse looking than what Kent did the other day.

Was your bet on him in the hundreds or thousands, or were you buying a Pick 6 instead?

098poi
03-01-2013, 05:02 PM
Did you notice the horse that won? Odd proportions, like a short neck or something. Watching her after the race she almost seemed like a different breed of horse. Not complaining just an observation.

Stillriledup
03-01-2013, 05:08 PM
Was your bet on him in the hundreds or thousands, or were you buying a Pick 6 instead?

I bet on the stupid Madre horse with the weird name, she got the lead and chucked it. I also got knocked out of the pick 6 in leg 3 (after a good start).

Stillriledup
03-01-2013, 05:11 PM
Did you notice the horse that won? Odd proportions, like a short neck or something. Watching her after the race she almost seemed like a different breed of horse. Not complaining just an observation.
I know what you're saying, she's a stocky thing....certainly won't confuse her with Rachel Alexandra. I think a little bit of it is an illusion, she has a REALLY big head which makes her neck look 'short'. Her neck seems thick and she's really muscular looking.

MightBeSosa
03-01-2013, 05:35 PM
Maggie liked the looks of the winner. Shows you how many people listen to her, took very little $ into the close.

Stillriledup
03-15-2013, 04:26 PM
I couldnt understand what Junior was doing on #1 Giant Indian (Race 8 Aqu March 15th) late in the lane, does anyone know? It was an optical illusion how he didnt finish 3rd in there.

johnhannibalsmith
03-15-2013, 05:06 PM
Looked like he was riding a horse that wants to lug in or gives the rider that impression. Turned for home with the stick in his left hand, kept it there, and spent most of the stretch drive trying to keep his horse running without letting him think about heading down to the inside horse or end up on the heels of the horses in front of him. I know you watch ALL the replays - just a glance at his last race shows him being ridden similarly and the horse is all over. Just looks like a hard horse to ride to me.

Robert Fischer
03-15-2013, 05:10 PM
I couldnt understand what Junior was doing on #1 Giant Indian (Race 8 Aqu March 15th) late in the lane, does anyone know? It was an optical illusion how he didnt finish 3rd in there.

Looks like a poor ride IMO. No urgency to get by the 4 entering the turn. Should have got by that horse.

Stillriledup
03-15-2013, 05:49 PM
Looked like he was riding a horse that wants to lug in or gives the rider that impression. Turned for home with the stick in his left hand, kept it there, and spent most of the stretch drive trying to keep his horse running without letting him think about heading down to the inside horse or end up on the heels of the horses in front of him. I know you watch ALL the replays - just a glance at his last race shows him being ridden similarly and the horse is all over. Just looks like a hard horse to ride to me.

It seemed like he was doing fine halfway down the stretch, he was hitting rhythmically left handed and the horse was drifting out, if he keeps driving the horse in the same exact fashion, the horse gets 3rd. But, for some reason, he 'mixes the salad' or grabs the horse or does something other than exactly what he was doing for the first half of the stretch. It looks odd on the headon, why not just keep driving the horse left handed, the horse was bearing out to a clear lane.

Stillriledup
04-15-2013, 10:54 PM
In Race 8 on April 13th, he's opening the rail in a 200k race, a 4 horse field, he gets the lead on the 1-5 shot and lets a guy up the rail on the turn. It didnt matter this time, but geez, he gave bettors a heart attack.

Than, 30 mins later, he almost drops a guy who tries to get thru. One minute he's letting the red sea part and the next, he's crashing into a guy to keep him from getting thru.

Tale of Two Juniors.

thearmada
04-15-2013, 11:41 PM
I only watched the Distaff H. but I have always seen him to be a good rider. He gets the most out of horses IMO.

the little guy
04-16-2013, 01:29 AM
He has a good agent.

Stillriledup
04-16-2013, 02:18 AM
He has a good agent.

:D

No truer words could ever be said.

:ThmbUp:

BIG49010
04-16-2013, 05:50 PM
He has a good agent.

Blow a few trainers and owners by shutting it down at the 1/16th pole, and he'll be on the bench.

Stillriledup
06-05-2013, 03:13 PM
Amazing that this clown gets as many quality rides as he gets.

Unbelievable.

Rise Over Run
06-05-2013, 09:16 PM
If this streak keeps up over the next few weeks he'll be the worst jockey to every win a riding title in NY.

Stillriledup
06-05-2013, 09:23 PM
If this streak keeps up over the next few weeks he'll be the worst jockey to every win a riding title in NY.

Anything is possible with a great agent.

menifee
06-06-2013, 02:04 AM
His ride on Point Taken - Belmont Race 5 on June 5th was one of the worst rides I have ever seen on a horse.

Stillriledup
06-06-2013, 05:26 AM
His ride on Point Taken - Belmont Race 5 on June 5th was one of the worst rides I have ever seen on a horse.

Thank you.